Ws6? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ws6? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Your friend must have QUITE a few mods or nitrous to be running mid 11's....

Your friend must have QUITE a few mods or nitrous to be running mid 11's.
    2000 LS1 Camaro M6

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Simp
    Your friend must have QUITE a few mods or nitrous to be running mid 11's.
    Not if he's an A4 . High Stall that is .
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

i beat a modded ws6 last night from a roll.... it had altleast exhaust a big rims.... but thats what 300awhp can do.

To answer your question a stage 2 WRX can definately beat a WS6 Trans Am if the race is from a dead stop and kept to a 1/4 mile or less. I beat plenty of them with my stage 2 setup racing from a dead stop. From a roll the race better be kept to 1st and 2nd gear. At speeds over 70mph a WS6 will walk away from you.
    It takes a stage 4 setup to beat a WS6 from a roll.
    One of my last races with my Stage 4 Setup was against an LS1 WS6 and I beat him by a good 2-3 cars from a 2nd gear roll up to 100 mph.

Always remember that car stats is not the street. Most people are bench racing asses who can't drive.
    I created my avatar.

Originally posted by CKxx
    Always remember that car stats is not the street. Most people are bench racing asses who can't drive.
    very true, i know this.... but as a point of reference its not too shabby...
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by Shaitiger
    Not if he's an A4 . High Stall that is .
    Ah, how quickly I forget they make these cars with automatics

Yeah, high stall, bolt ons, and some juice will see mid 11s pretty easy.
    2000 LS1 Camaro M6

Originally posted by opXus
    I believe that if its yellow with black wheels and black racing stripes, that it is a 25th or 30th anniversary. (whatever anniversary the last year was). Those are supposed to be pretty damn fast stock.
    That one is just a special last year edition and has same horsepower as other ws6 (325hp) very underated by the way and yes they are a beast I had a 11 sec one with a big stall and cam with all bolt ons.
    Stage 4 (vf34) + tmic + mbc

I've beat my friend's WS6 both from a roll and a dead stop. At the time I was on a stock turbo and just had the basic bolt ons with a FMIC. I didnt kill him...but I beat him by a car length.

~John

There is a nice red ws6 ls1 in town. He claims all he has is a lid. May be true but i don't know. I last put down 275whp on a mustang dyno. From a 35mph punch we are dead even until we bury the needle. I'm running basically a vs2 setup with a vf30 pushing 17-18psi. Both of our cars are a beast. I rode in his last night just to see what it felt like. I wasn't impressed. My car seems to pull a lot harder. The ws6 has really tall gears. He can take 1st to like 52, 2nd to like 75 and so on. So you have to have a nice bit of hp to pull them from a roll. I'm doing a little delta dash tunning and i'm going to run race gas this weekend. I"m going to see if i can pull him this time.
    2005 WRB STI - TBE, CAI, Protune
    1.74 60 foot -8.30 1/8@83.66mph

2002 WRX (Gone)
    1.80 60 foot - 8.15 1/8 mile - 12.61@112.19

Joe,

I think the WS6 probably didn't feel impressive and that your WRX feels like it pulls harder merely due to the fact that the torque curve on the LS1 is so flat, and there is no turbo lag. So you don't have the feeling of the turbo kicking in, but rather just a strong constant pull the entire time from 2500-6200 rpm on the LS1.

Either that, or you're saying that your car doesn't feel impressive either since both cars ran "dead even".

I've always felt that as a passenger, a car always feels faster than when I drive it myself, actually...

Should be a fun match for you guys next time though!

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Dan00Hawk
    Joe,

I think the WS6 probably didn't feel impressive and that your WRX feels like it pulls harder merely due to the fact that the torque curve on the LS1 is so flat, and there is no turbo lag. So you don't have the feeling of the turbo kicking in, but rather just a strong constant pull the entire time from 2500-6200 rpm on the LS1.

The way you described to above quote was the exact same impression I got from the passenger side of my friends ZO6. It didn't have that "Hit you in the chest" feeling a turbocharged car give you. Don't get me wrong, that ZO6 is fast. But I really don't think I could ever go back to an N/A car. I love that Hit you in the chest feeling more than anything.

Originally posted by Dan00Hawk
    Werd.

I like the turbo feeling too. My buddies 300zxTT is an awesome car, I love riding in that thing. About 3 grand and BAM, you're in the seat. The only real way to get that instant "hit" in my car is to downshift. WOW. Scary. I downshifted to 2nd once when I get goin around 50 or 55 maybe, car nearly got sideways. Awesome feeling though.

Man I need to race a modded Rex. Anyone in Orlando? Just for fun.
    2000 LS1 Camaro M6

Originally posted by Simp
    Werd.

I like the turbo feeling too. My buddies 300zxTT is an awesome car, I love riding in that thing. About 3 grand and BAM, you're in the seat. The only real way to get that instant "hit" in my car is to downshift. WOW. Scary. I downshifted to 2nd once when I get goin around 50 or 55 maybe, car nearly got sideways. Awesome feeling though.

Man I need to race a modded Rex. Anyone in Orlando? Just for fun.
    orlando here... drop me a AIM... ebr0t... i wont street race ya but id gladly give ya a ride in mine...
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

The LSI F-Body cars run mid 13's right off the showroom floor. With basic bolt ons they are running in the mid 12's. If your rex can run those times or better, you'll take em. If not, you better hope he can't drive!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.