Kick an Evo's ass!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Kick an Evo's ass! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It was sweet. Today at the Autocross this dude in a white evo pulls up and walks around the lot ...

Kick an Evo's ass!

It was sweet. Today at the Autocross this dude in a white evo pulls up and walks around the lot like his **** don't stink. I t was sad. I looked at him to say nice car but he looked back like I'm just some sorry ni%%a with a wrx. So I just looked the other way. Well after the A-cross I lined up with a 81 rx7 or so at a light. The light turneed green andb he squealed so I left his ass standing. Welll apparently Mr. Mitsu Evo saw this and thought he was going to show me to pick on someone my own size. So he sped up and passwed the rx7 to get a chance at me on the next light. the light turns red and I start thinking ut ohh. Well I t was crazy I mean everything was quiet. I looked over at the guys (two) in the Evo but they acted like they were about to kill me and were too good to look back so it was on!
    Light turns green I rev, so does he then all hell breaks loose! I drop clutch at about 3500rpm and all I hear is Evo turbo. to my dis belief I was walking away from him. He had a great take off and was there till the very end of first gear. Second gear I could hear a bOV but I still kept pulling. We stopped at about 65 70 mph (way above the speed limit) and he could not real me in. I put on the hazards and all he could do was try to give me akl kinds of excuses. I only got 500 miles on it man! I;m just learnin. OK then why are you racing? From that take off it looks like you know what your doing to me. I told him I hav 50k on mine, he then say "oh then that's it" and pulls away like his balls were given back to him. What a dork. No good race man, or nice run, just an oh then that's it . I told him good run and all that, but like all that ricers up here he acts like a **** and pulls away. I don't know but I think a 500 miler Evo has an advantage on a 50K stock rex any day on paper , but it just goes to show you that on any given day your ass can be handed to you . that's why street racing is so tempting because your racing someone the way they are, nort preped therefore you know who is really faster unlike on preped up tracks, with iced intaked cars and tire pressure tricks and un realistic **** like that. OK flame me up as if I'm not black enough....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sorry for all tha typo's guys but the Simpson's are on and I'm rushing it! Can't miss those Simpson's

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Good kill...but, uh you have a stock rex???
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

I have a K&N filter some eibach prokit springs and some hawk furro carbon front brake pads thats's it. I run full synthetic engine oil since the first oil change, and I didn't do that break-in bull****. Car has 50k and runs better everyday go figure ey?

wow...you must have gotten an excellent jump at the start or he wasn't making full use of his turbo b/c of the break-in period of his car...I'm not saying that you're BSing or anything like that, but an evo hangs with the STI no prob (maybe even a little faster to 60)...therefore, I cannot foresee a stock rex hanging with an Evo who is really trying to go. Just my .02 and remember I am NOT trying to flame you are anything like that.

It is rad that you put him in his place.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

It isn't hard to believe at all! I raced a stock EVO at the track when I was stock and actually it was the first day I had my car. I wasted him by at least 4 carlengths and ran a 14.6. He ran a 14.4, but my point is, if you get a faster jump, forget about it, it's easy to win. Since he only went up to 65-70mph that wouldn't even be an 1/8 of a mile, so it's easy to believe that he beat him like that. Good race man! Oh and on a side note, the only reason the EVO get from 0-60 quicker than the STi, is because the Sti requires a 2-3 shift right before 60.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

Disregarding driver error or skill...the Evo will be a faster car than the stock rex (and the STI for that matter b/c of that 2-3 shift before 60). The point that I was trying to make was that if he was making use of his turbo to the fullest the stock rex would get blown out of the water. Once again not flaming...

Just by the raw numbers that I have been seeing...the WRX (stock) will 0-60 in about +/- 6 secs. The STI and the EVO will do it in +/- 5 secs...
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Originally posted by THE ONE
    It isn't hard to believe at all! I raced a stock EVO at the track when I was stock and actually it was the first day I had my car. I wasted him by at least 4 carlengths and ran a 14.6. He ran a 14.4, but my point is, if you get a faster jump, forget about it, it's easy to win. Since he only went up to 65-70mph that wouldn't even be an 1/8 of a mile, so it's easy to believe that he beat him like that. Good race man! Oh and on a side note, the only reason the EVO get from 0-60 quicker than the STi, is because the Sti requires a 2-3 shift right before 60.
    thats still means it's faster to 60
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Originally posted by dukmahsik
    thats still means it's faster to 60
    LOL!!
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

Hmmm...I don't know what to think about this story. I guess I'll take it at face value, and say nice kill
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

go back and tell him his sh1t really does stink. lol.

Not that I'm sticking up for the Evo guy, but he did have only 500 miles on it. I was still pretty timid and just learning the car at that point. But now I got almost 5k on the car, I have my launches down and can usually hit shifts like no other. He was probably granny-shifting because he doesn't want to hurt his new baby. When that happens, the ol turbo spools down for a second for instant power loss. I have a feeling that if you raced a more experienced Evo driver, you would have been nicely toasted. Hell I lost to a N/A Z28 the other day because I missed 2nd. A couple days before that, I strait hosed on a S/C Z28 from a roll. Go figure on that one.

Good kill all the same though!
    -Kramit
    '03 EvoVIII (Apex Silver)

Actually, figures I see place STi 0-60 at 4.5-4.7 seconds and Mitsu puts the Evo at 5.1 seconds. The 2-3 shift, apparently, does NOT slow down a good enough driver.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.