Raced a Tool in a Cobra
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Raced a Tool in a Cobra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I was crusing down the street with a friend and pull behind a Mustang Cobra (older bodystyle pre-1999 or ...

Raced a Tool in a Cobra

Well I was crusing down the street with a friend and pull behind a Mustang Cobra (older bodystyle pre-1999 or 2000 I think) at a stoplight. This thing had the loudest exhaust and widest tires I have ever seen on a Mustang. Well, the light changed green and he took off only to get the next red light with me beside him. I pull along side him and he is revving it and inching forward. I give him a little rev and he looked over and yells "yeah right" as to say I dont stand a chance. Now remember that my car is not loud because it has a stock box on it. So we are wating for the light to turn green and bam! He jumps out the whole a split second before me, however I just dump the clutch and preceed to shoot by him and gain an instant 2 car lengths by 2nd gear. 3rd gear comes up and I pull another car length then shut it down. Well we got the next stop light together but he did not pull up next to me. Finally though he yells out "do you go to the raceway on Wed." I tell him sometimes, then he says for me to come out there because he wants to race me again because he got a bad start Then not to be out done my friend who owns a 99' Z28 with tons of bolt-ons says to him, "it will be same result every time, he says "I dont think so" then my friend says, I guess trying to represent F-Bodys around the Nation "yeah, well my Z28 wont have any mercy on you either."
    Sold: 2002 WRX
    w/VS0 best of 13.5 at 97.5

New: 2003 Silverado

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

*leans over like Vin Diesel* SMOKE HIM
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Hahahaha! I guess he was all show and no go.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    hmmm...thats weird, even the slowest cobras ever, the 94-95s ran high 13s low 14s stock...What mods do you have?
    2003 SRT-4

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    nice...Mustangs may be getting to be in a league of their own now though...I was watching Autoweek on the Speed Channel (i.e. NASCAR channel)and they were reviewing the new SVT that Ford is putting out....something close to a forced 400hp off the showroom floor... I have a new respect these cars.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

Originally posted by tacomaboy138
    nice...Mustangs may be getting to be in a league of their own now though...I was watching Autoweek on the Speed Channel (i.e. NASCAR channel)and they were reviewing the new SVT that Ford is putting out....something close to a forced 400hp off the showroom floor... I have a new respect these cars.
    Eh? That's what the new Cobra does....

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Yep...hurts don't it...

They (Autoweek) were saying that preliminary testing on the SVT are cranking out 390 horses and similar numbers of torque....
    ...Also they are achieving this using the supercharger from the Lightning series of trucks (which also look as if they are just getting faster)...They will also be retailing for nearly $40000. For that $$$ you could get an STI and some healthy mods!
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

i agree with the above statement...
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

even 96 Cobra has 300+ hp......

Wouldnt try it with a new cobra, 390hp
    ''ya wanna go"

People like that need to be put in their place...good job!
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

hahahah i love hearing stuff like that ... damn mustangs

so what r ur mods?
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by capt'n'caveman
    so what r ur mods?
    2003 SRT-4

I used to own a 97 Cobra and with just 4.10 gears I ran a 13.4 at 106-107?? (can't remember mph) on stock tires; everything else stock.

Completely stock I ran 13.8s. I ran I 14.4+ w/ my wagon
    fully stock.

Now, I got a WRX wagon b/c I got tired of spinning on wet roads and needed more backseat room for my 2 year old son; it's almost as quick around town and handles way better, and have yet to regert the purchase, but it's not nearly as fast as my cobra.

I do miss the sound of that V8 every time I cranked it up; who needs a stereo when your car sounds like that!

So your WRX must have some mods for sure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.