G35
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on G35 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; On the way home from dropping off my girlfriend, I hit the local highway. I'm just cruising as a G35 ...

G35

On the way home from dropping off my girlfriend, I hit the local highway. I'm just cruising as a G35 lines up side by side with me while I just got into 2nd gear.. I wasn't planning to speed but just figured let's see if I can keep up.. Seems that we both punched it and for a few seconds he leads, then I ended up with around 1-2 car lead (i think) into around 4th.. I let off and cruise on 4th and he sides by side with me again.. He punches first and I followed..again he leads just for a slight moment and I end up leading.. does this sound right..im not sure if i really was able to take him from roll..2nd and 4th..

mods.. HKS Carbon Ti Exhaust, Godspeed Up/Downpipe, UTEC w/ Stage 2 base map, Blitz SUS Intake, Blitz Bov

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ike
    Hmmm that's a tough call, I'm guessing it was an auto... <shrug>

i have a mbc, turboxs stealthback, gutted uppipe, i/c hoses. I raped a stock 350Z with a good driver from a stand still. Then I gave him a head start on the launch by about 1 sec and realed him in by the end of 3rd. They are no problem stock, I believe the g35 has less hp and more weight too

I actually think the G35's hp is under rated. Don't know about the weight thing though...
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

i raced a g35 from the begining of 2nd to the end of 3rd and we were dead even. only mods then was turboback

Was it a coupe or sedan? The G35 sedan has 260 hp and the coupe has 280 hp. That's not to say that this would make a great difference in the outcome of the race, but it does have some effect.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

the one i raced was a coupe. dealer plates and all

the g35 has a detuned 350z engine, so that sounds about right.

It was the coupe that I raced.. Yeh Im not saying it's a slow car..I didnt surpass him by much.. Was just checking if anyone else has experience racing the G35 with similar mods.. Thanks for the reply..

My budy and I were out in his G35 this past weekend now he has the couple with the 6 speed and brembo brakes.. very rare.. not a lot of the 6 speed coupe G35's.. anyways.. we took it to a scale and it weighed 3400 pounds with like 2 galons of gas in it.. that was without us in it...

It feels fast to me.. in every gear.. we were doing 142 in 5th with fith at about 6800 RMPS witch is in the RED! From the factory they say top speed it governed at 155!! and is capable with a chip to up the top speed to 175 with the 6 speed.. we were having no problems with wind resistance.. the car was climbing quite well. we stoped there due to lack of road ahead of us..
    0-60 in 5.678 on 4-21-03
    BEST 1/4 Mile 14.098 @ 103.1 On the street
    BEST 1/4 Mile 14.123 @ 100.3 At the track

I'm planning on racing him soon.. he wants to learn the car before we go at it...
    0-60 in 5.678 on 4-21-03
    BEST 1/4 Mile 14.098 @ 103.1 On the street
    BEST 1/4 Mile 14.123 @ 100.3 At the track

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.