wanna hear sumthin funny - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on wanna hear sumthin funny within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i had 300 pounds of crushed brink in my hatch today leaving from Home Depot, and some jerk in a ...

i had 300 pounds of crushed brink in my hatch today leaving from Home Depot, and some jerk in a convertible 325 was actin' like a **** in traffic.

you know the old routine, not signaling, weaving in and out, tailgating, etc. So i kept boxing him in behind slower cars, to really piss the guy off.

when the road cleared ahead and he finally weaseled his way out from behind an SUV in the fast lane, he thought he'd blow by me. Sorry...

I dropped it into third and left him. He gave up after about 10 cars lengths. Makes me wonder what it would have been like if i didn't have all that dead weight in my trunk.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

PF.... CIVICS.. LOL

Originally posted by RLsChMiDt
    d00d, my experience is based on the fact that I NEVER see ANY MODIFIED CAR on the road! I'm not kidding you either, come here and visit me for a week, you'd be surprised at how many sweet/modded cars you see... probably none to barely any!!!

I raced a older RX-7 (the wierd body style) on the highway today, and kicked his ass.. but that doesn't count
    I wasnt trying to offend anyone...its just that, for me, losing to my friends hondas is a common experience. I think im gonna get some pics of my friends beater, just to show what i have to put up with.
    I created my avatar.

Originally posted by EIonJess
    It's hard to waste a stg4 wrx...any idea what was in the stock looking CRX???
    All I can tell you is that it was red, turbo, gutted w/cage, and some pepboys wheels, and that it was gone.
    I created my avatar.

Originally posted by Strider
    Hondas are fun. The scary ones are the ones that look stock, all the money is in the engine.
    But, the question is, if one were to lose 25 lbs would it really make for faster times? I had this really fat chick in my WRX, I mean she was 300 lbs plus and the WRX was like, whoa, I don't have enough boost for that. That is the only time a Honda has beaten me, and it wasnt all that fast. Good kill.
    I thought I read somewhere that every 100lbs is like .1sec in 1/4. I could be wrong and it is probable different with our cars.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

I Support ClubWRX
    Echhh, ricers. I'd take on about 90% of the bonehead Civics I see with a stock WRX - there's just nothing to worry about! There are occasional fast Hondas, but they usually don't have dragon decals, neon lights, and Boeing hardware on the trunk.

droogie: that 100lb/0.1 sec in the 1/4mile is a very rough guide. That number can change dramatically with torque, hp, weight, and traction. I imagine that in my car it would be something like 0.2s, and in a semi-truck probably like 0.01s!
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Yeah, I know it would be different for different cars, the .1 things I thought was for top fuel dragsters, not sure about everyday cars.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

ok i made a mistake, i guess the kid who drives the civic says it wasnt by 7 cars and i should stop tellin everyone that, ok im sorry everyone, it was really 8. and he says he wasnt racin, just that for the first 3 gears his tires spun everytime he changed them

Originally posted by droogie
    I thought I read somewhere that every 100lbs is like .1sec in 1/4. I could be wrong and it is probable different with our cars.
    They usually say 100 lbs is equal to 10hp or .1 tenth in the 1/4 mile. I think this was an average for cars weighing more than a WRX.
    My personal experience with a WRX is that 100 lbs is probably worth more than 10hp or .1 tenth.
    If you could remove 200 lbs from a WRX, it would definately run several tenths faster in the 1/4 mile.
    And if you drove the 1/4 mile with a 200 lbs friend in the car it should definately cost you a few tenths.

Worst grammer evar!

but makes up for it with

Best avatar evar!

Thumbs up Re: wanna hear sumthin funny

Originally posted by TgoWRX04
    this gurl i work with, always braggin how her bf has a jdm civic hatch, yadda yadda yadda......and its the truth, i kno for a fact shes not lyin, she comes to my the other day and goes my bf killed a 04 wrx, im like yea who was ****in drivin, ya kno just playin around, i was like id shyt on his car.....well tonite after work, him and his whole car crew come by, all talkin shyt, y dont u race, y dont u race, im like my car is ****in stock, gimme till next month then we'll race (haha, lots of goodies commin soon). so i get in my car to go home, and they're al ltalkin shyt as im drivin thro the lot, and the kid gets in his civic hatch and follows me, and gets on my ass at a lite, and hes riddin my ass, and i hit the gas..............GOODBYE, the kid tried so ****in hard to keep up with me, i heard the tires squeelin as he was changin gears, on a straight away, i must of been about 7 car lengths ahead of him be4 i turned up the hill towards my house, we raced for a good mile, mile and a half on a straight away..............maybe his fat ass should lose some weight and then his car would have a chance...................NAAAAH
    nice avator

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    They usually say 100 lbs is equal to 10hp or .1 tenth in the 1/4 mile. I think this was an average for cars weighing more than a WRX.
    My personal experience with a WRX is that 100 lbs is probably worth more than 10hp or .1 tenth.
    If you could remove 200 lbs from a WRX, it would definately run several tenths faster in the 1/4 mile.
    And if you drove the 1/4 mile with a 200 lbs friend in the car it should definately cost you a few tenths.
    My next mod should be me losing weight, I'm 5'6 @200lbs. What a pig.
    '04 WRB premium package.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12