wrx vs v6 accord from 20mph

This is a discussion on wrx vs v6 accord from 20mph within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, we lined up perfectly, the driver of the accord said go and we both punch it. I got 1/2 ...

wrx vs v6 accord from 20mph

Well, we lined up perfectly, the driver of the accord said go and we both punch it. I got 1/2 car early and it pretty much stayed that way till 70, when we cut it off.
    It was a little depressing not being able to pull on an accord, I need to get to work and save some money. Turbo back and UTEC are next.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Good job and another question...

Good win. You pulled on him all the way through. No need to be depressed. .

B T W... is there any noticeable sound difference when comparing before/after gutted uppipe mod in the stock exhaust.

I am going to go search for a tutorial, but if you could refer the one that you used or point me in the right direction that would be rad... thanks!!!
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

was this the new v6 accords? if so the manuals are good for midish/high 14's. so dont feel bad from a stop you would of got a car length on top of the half as well.

yikes

Those new Accord V6 coupes are pretty quick. 6 speed,245 hp. My friend raced a modded one on the freeway and it kept up quite well.

They are good looking cars too....but like any honda, once you get to fixing them up you're going to encounter this nastey little thing called torque steer. Plus the 6 speed V6 loaded off the lot is close to 30k.....for a honda...accord...

You can't beat AWD...
    03 wrb WRX sedan
    Crawford Performance S2 2.5L Block
    --- Tuned by I-SPEED

Tons of other toys.....

Have you seen the interior of those new Accords? Simply beautiful. There are two mods you can do quite easily that will net you another honest 20hp: an intake, 10hp, and premium fuel (really) will net you another 10hp. That's 260hp from a 6-speed Accord! Not bad IMO.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

It was a brand new one. Two door, I am pretty sure he had the six speed, although it was hard to tell. I know they have 240ish horse, but I just thought I would slightly pull the whole time.

As to the question about noticing the uppipe, its hard to tell. Sometimes when I gun it I can swear that I notice a difference, but other times, I am not so sure. I would say the gains are minimal and it is hard to tell unless I can drive a before uppipe and after in the same day. I can definatly hear the turbo spoll. I don't have a boost gauge but I can feel the punch from the turbo around 3000rpms. Not sure what it was before the uppipe.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

Ike
    It's about 4k RPMs with the stock uppipe.

4k with the stock uppipe? that doesnt seem right... its more like 3000 with the stock one.. and 2500 with an aftermarket uppipe
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Ike
    I'll pay more attention today, but I don't think mine really kicks in until 3800.

Ike