SRT-4: 378.5/396.9 at the wheels!! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on SRT-4: 378.5/396.9 at the wheels!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by silverscooby It will take a lot more than a LSD to get "good" launces. I have a ...

Originally posted by silverscooby
    It will take a lot more than a LSD to get "good" launces. I have a friend with a GST Eclipse and even with a Quaife LSD he can't launch worth a crap. I think you have the right idea by going to a rpm dependant boost setup. Has anyone tried TXS Dual Stage Boost Controller?
    Jim, there are a couple of guys running that BC with success, but these are still 240-250whp SRT-4's. I have scramble boost built into my Blitz unit, but I don't have it set-up yet. I did't want to drill a hole and intall a flip switch in my console to activate my scramble boost because I don't want to move my hand from the shifter and steering wheel respectively. I found a SRT-4 forum member that is a electorics guru build me a remote switch, but after I installed it, it did not work. I have to ship it back to him for a little more R&D.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by drizze99
    Not yet, but it should be REAL soon. What sux is, is that the preliminary MSRP is 1400+install!! Like I was telling some of the other rex guys, I think I'll go after a UTEC first and manage the boost by RPM. I really think it would be a toss up of what got better traction. Can you launch a FWD with that much power on a LSD alone? I have never owned a car with a LSD. I know what they do, but how good??
    FWIW the Spec V has an LSD and considerably less power than the SRT4, but it still has trouble hooking up. I would invest in some good rubber first.

Greensboro , NC !? Dude, hook me up with a race from this guy. I'm in the Raleigh area.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Not too impressed with the numbers without NOS. I'm sure folks will be hitting 300rwhp and 300rwtq on stock turbo.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Decent numbers.. I know its got more under that hood though when tuned correctly.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Originally posted by STIwish
    Decent numbers.. I know its got more under that hood though when tuned correctly.

How loud is your exhaust? I know it will get louder once its made into a full turboback. I really want to get the full turboback setup with the RFL - T1 but I think it might be a litttle loud for my tastes.

I had Turboxs's full turboback exhaust with megaflow muffler on my O2WRX - with race pipe - catless - and it was pretty loud.

Re: SRT-4: 378.5/396.9 at the wheels!!

Well, we have our first monsterous SRT-4!! The car has a Mopar Stage 1 kit on it, CAI, Garrett WG, 75 shot of NAWWWWSSS (sorry, had to do it) and a prototype t3/t4e turbo. I say prototype because the turbo on the SRT-4 is reverse flow and this turbo was specially built for the his SRT-4 and in not mass produced yet!! With the car set to 14psi to redline and the 75 shot it put down 378.5whp/396.9wt!! As soon as he posts his dyno sheets, I'll provide a link. Right now he is at N2K3, which is a huge annual neon event in Belvidere, IL (where the neon is built). Watch out for a red SRT-4 in Salem, VA!!
    Hey, is this the guy that did really well in the "One Lap of America" event? I was reading about a Stage 1 SRT-4 in my latest issue of C&D. I've scanned in a couple of pics from the issue and attached them to this message.

Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Originally posted by Shaitiger
    Not too impressed with the numbers without NOS. I'm sure folks will be hitting 300rwhp and 300rwtq on stock turbo.
    Yeap, you are right. The car really needs a tuneable engine management. The TXS car has very similar numbers on a stock turbo. The dyno run was also at 14psi. They are actually going to throw 20psi at it after they tune the fuel management. The car was not properly tuned yet when they ran that dyno, but we at srtforums were begging him to dyno it, so he did.

WRXless, no this guy is not the same guy(s) in OneLap. This guy is just a regular old tuner. Blackdog Motorsports is the Co. that built the turbo for him. I am not sure if this guy has his own tuner shop or not though.

EDIT- Thanks for scanning those pics!! I added them to my collection!!

EDIT- Thanks for scanning those pics!! I added them to my collection!!
    No problem.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Not yet, but it should be REAL soon. What sux is, is that the preliminary MSRP is 1400+install!!
    Hey Drizze, didn't you say that Dodge posted something on the srt forums about this? If so, can I get a link to it? Thanks.

Second post in the thread by UniqTwin. She is our source of info from Mopar. She works for Mopar...

LINK

Thanks

i have a wrx he has a neon..

end of story
    2003 WRX 5spd Sedan
    ~Stage 4+ 20g~

Originally posted by 03WRX83
    i have a wrx he has a neon..

end of story
    What are you trying to say? That you are better than him?

Or are you just Master of the Obvious?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.