WRX vs Turbocharged Prelude
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs Turbocharged Prelude within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This is about a week old, but I was too lazy to type it out until tonight. It's nothing great, ...

WRX vs Turbocharged Prelude

This is about a week old, but I was too lazy to type it out until tonight. It's nothing great, but I'm bored.

I was out cruising at low boost on my way to the local hang out spot when I came up behind a black Prelude (newer body style.) Truth be told, I could smell it before I saw it and initialy thought that it might be my car. That was until I saw the puffs of black smoke billow out from his tailpipe.

I was just cruising by when he goosed it next to me and i heard his BOV. I returned the favor and then dropped it to third. He was trying to stay up, evident by the smoke coming from the tailpipe and the rate at which he was passing the cars in the slow lane. Needless to say he wasnt anywhere close to me so I let off and got in his lane, waiting for him to come up on my left.

When he did I gave him a thumbs up and tried to tell him his car was smoking. He couldnt hear me ( we were on the highway afterall) so we both went seperate ways.

Low and behold he ends up hanging out in the same parking lot as me and my buddies. He came over and I told him about the smoke. He told me it was running real rich (duh!) and I suggested he look at his turbo leaking oil , etc. The next part came as a suprise to me. He told me I shot a foot-long blue flame out of my exhuast when I downshifted in front of him!

"Really!?" His friend told me the same thing. Pretty cool. I guess that FnF mod does work!
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It only counts as a Fast and Bi-curious mod if the flame color matches your paint color! It's autopyrotechnics, I suppose.

Needless to say, after seeing numerous turbo/supercharged Hondas barely break 14's (yeah, I know there are exceptions!), I'm pretty much done with the Honda scene after I get rid of my car. Honda builds excellent cars, but it's just too much work to make them fast, IMO. I'm not surprised that you destroyed a turbo 'Lude. Nice kill, though.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

It's not that they can't be made fast, I think it's more that the kids that have the turbo Hondas either can't drive, or have a hard time getting traction (car is not setup right for drag racing.)

I've seen a couple hatchbacks sporting LS Turbos that were whooping up on a lot of stuff. On the other hand, I have also seen my fair share of 14 sec turbo Hondas.

It's obvious that this kid's car was not running right.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

I Support ClubWRX
    Exactly my thoughts^
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Jim, whenever I see that you've posted on the WVTW forum I can almost be certain that you won
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

It has been awhile since I lost. I guess it's two things really. One is that I do have a fast car compared to most of the other ones running around here. Two, I know most of the faster cars and don't race them!
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

Good race. Preludes are very heavy cars, but the motor in them is good.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

I used to love preludes for their handling, looks and build quality, but they had awfully slow performance for cars that were creeping up to the $30,000 range.

No wonder Honda killed them off. maybe one day they'll come back and be affordable again. (sigh).

Silverscooby did this lude have black spoon styl wheels on it if so he lives down the street from me I have seen his car around and was wondering how fast he was.

For the life of me I can't remember his wheels. He had a fmic and one of his headlights were out. He was a shorter guy with dark hair. Hope that helps.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

Im sure it is the same guy there is not very many turbo luds around here. I have not lived around here very long were do all the car guys hang out I see you live in cary.

Different places off of Capital Blvd. I don't hang with the import guys, most of them are complete tools. You'll usually see me with a bunch of Camaro owners.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

no offense to you guys,(i love the rex) but my brother has a turbo integra and he smoked two WRXs, one from a roll, one of them looked stock, and the guy got the jump cus my bro was sleepin at the the light so to speak, and than caught up to him and passed him with ease, and the second wrx they lined up on the highway and the guy got the jump but not by a lot cus my bro was still on his bumper so he passed him up too and when they shut down the wrx was about 3 car lengths back, than after the race they stopped at some 7/11 and started talkin bout their cars, the wrx had full exhaust with one high flow cat, remapped ecu, bov, intercooler hoses, boost controller set at 16psi and thats it folks..
    If you want to know my brothers mods let me know and ill post em..
    Last edited by wrxpaul; 07-21-2003 at 06:09 PM.

wrxpaul -- that is the longest sentence I have ever read in my life I for one would like to know your brother's mods. They must be quite impressive to have beaten that rex so badly with those mods.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

wrxpaul I dont recall any one talking bad on honda I personaly think thay make good cars with good potential to be fast with lots of money. I had an integra with a good list of parts and loved liked it. But if you put the same amount money in a Rex that your bro put in the teg the Rex will eat the honda alive. Just thought I would put in My 2 cent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.