WRX vs Turbocharged Prelude - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX vs Turbocharged Prelude within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; no offense to you guys,(i love the rex) but my brother has a turbo integra and he smoked two WRXs ...

no offense to you guys,(i love the rex) but my brother has a turbo integra and he smoked two WRXs
    And this has what relevence to my post? I'm sure there are numerous Hondas that would smoke me.

As well as posting your brother's mods, post his timeslips.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well i understand that with money anybody can be faster than somebody else, I guess i'm referring it more so towards Integra96's post to let him know there are turbo honda's that aren't that slow. My bro's mods are as i remembered, i might just give the major ones, okay he has a Ls/vtec (b18b block with b18c head) block is built up with low compression pistons, 3in full exhaust, LSD, Clutch, 12psi(dropped down to 10 cause needs more tunning and bigger injectors) with his stock exhaust including cat he dynoed at 275whp and i think 210 tq, i'll ask if anything else

I Support ClubWRX
    If you read my post carefully, you wouldn't have posted again yourself.

Re-read the part I said about exceptions to the slow-Honda curse and get back to me.

No hard feelings, it's just that I've been hanging around import/tuner people for quite a while and I know most modified Hondas are NOT FAST! Yes, even with FI...many are still struggling to hang with stock WRX's or worse...

Of course there are fast Hondas out there; they're just few and far between. When I say fast I mean WRX Stg. III-IV (TXS, of course) territory and better.

"Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

That Teg may be bad-azz against wrx's that are not heavily modified, but if I am not mistaken silverscooby has like 353whp enough to destroy the majority of cars out including that Teg your bro's got.

Integra96 i did read your post, just wanted to throw in an example of one of those non-slow hondas

v8killa well yes 353 would take out my bro's teg, but my bro should be closer to 300 hp now and with a lil more boost, and the weight difference between the wrx and his integra, the race would be interesting, but who knows he could still take out the teg and many other cars out there, including other wrx's , like i said with money anybody can be faster
    Last edited by wrxpaul; 07-22-2003 at 02:45 PM.

I understand what everyone's saying in this thread...but the fact is, mod for mod, the WRX will pretty much destroy any Honda out there simply because of the stock turbo configuration...not to mention the obvious advantages of AWD.

Turbo Honda's are great and all (hey, i've love to go F/I on my car) but hooking up a 300whp FWD vehicle cannot be an easy task.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

There is a new body style prelude in my area that I'm guessing is turbo'd, considering it as the most massive Greddy decal along the sides of the car. Plus about 20 other decals.... You'd think he was sponsored or something, yet I doubt it. What would an average turboed 'lude run btw?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.