Raced a fellow WRX - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Raced a fellow WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; jigga i wasn't being serious, sorry if you took it wrong, i have no problem with where you're from or ...

jigga i wasn't being serious, sorry if you took it wrong, i have no problem with where you're from or anything!
    Float like a butterfly and sting like when I pee

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

In 2 years of driving my 02 WRX , I got a total of 3 races against WRX's. They are actually very rare to see in my area.
    My first race was against a stock WRX up to 60mph or so. It was actually a pretty close race because they got about a 2 car jump on me because I wasn't paying attention. I had to play catch up. We endend up about dead even at 60mph when they let off.

The second time was from a 2nd gear roll against a guy with a stage 2 setup. We had a great race from about 40mph up to 90mph. He also got a jump on me and I had to play catch up. I ended up about 1 car in front of him when we let off.

The third race was against another stock WRX from a dead stop at a Stop light. This race I won by many many cars up to 80mph or so.

When I race against another WRX it just for fun to see how fast they are. Usually we talk before and after the race. Its a chance to meet someone else with a WRX and talk about mods.

I have to say, in this area, if you see a rex on the street, it's on! Everyone(with one exception) driving a rex around here is ready to go. I know it mainly comes down to who has the most mods, but it's still fun. Rex drivers are usually the friendliest to me around here. Hell, most other cars around won't even race.

Although I made the "mistake" of racing a AMG C32. I was just laughing my ass off when he took off. Those things are FAST.
    02 midnight black
    clear side markers
    K&N Air Filter
    STi J-Spec Strut Tower Brace
    Prodrive Axle-back Exhaust
    Kartboy SS + Bushings

Isn't it fun to race other WRXs...

...and see who dumped more money into their car

Please. Where driving skills are mostly equal, its only a competition as to who cares to spend more money on their car then someone else. Its like when my audi S4 buddy cracks on my car and then I need to remind him that I have to afford a place right on the beach and he shuts up quickly after that. I have more respect for cars that show a custom/well thought out setup for performance/handling. And I'll gurantee racing on the highway requires even less skills than drag racing at the strip.

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

My thread got jacked!
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

Originally posted by THE ONE
    My thread got jacked!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by Ike
    I don't nor will I ever race a WRX unless I talk to them beforehand, but that's just me <shrug> Seems kind of pointless and it just comes down to who spent more on mods, especially when it's from a highway roll. It's not like there's a lot of driving skill involved on highway races.

I think I would have been a little irritated had I taken the time to slow down on the highway and wave to a fellow WRXer and they start reving and purging their BoV at me. Please don't take this as an insult The one, just letting you know what my perspective would have been.

Ike
    i would feel the same way

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.