Raced a fellow WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Raced a fellow WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i think him being from scotland is just as hard to believe, but hey nothing wrong with that...do you have ...

i think him being from scotland is just as hard to believe, but hey nothing wrong with that...do you have an accent like craig david?
    oh and i think ike was right about him just being friendly..whenever i pass one i do my best to wave or honk, etc. and show some brotherly love..maybe if he gave you the middle finger and reved his engine it would have meant "i wanna race", but i dunno about a smile and a wave
    Last edited by wrxgc; 07-20-2003 at 04:36 PM.
    Float like a butterfly and sting like when I pee

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Jigga,
    I fell ya bro! These people better wake up man. My dad use to get the same s*&t when he was younger for driving a dodge charger r/t 440. the funny thing is when you hand a prick his ass! Thats classic. Today after an autocross I killed these jokers in an EVO! I'm bone stock! All I have is a K&N filter. The driver was acting all hard at the A-cross, and he pulled through traffic to get to me at the light, and I handed him his ass. He wouldn't even look at me at the light but after i crushed his ass, all he kept sayin was I only got 500 miles, I'm still learnin. Well he learned today. It would be different if he was cool about it but he thought he was so hard until I crushed him, then here come the excuses.... Wow imagine that.. a black man who can actually shift a stick shift. Amazing, Wooo Woooo!!!!

I think it is possible to own a stock wrx the way you did. I had uppipe,turboback,15psi,removed silencer and now my ride is about stock and it is much much slower and I can totally believe him. A stock wrx is very slow. They were going from a roll (3rd gear= boost sleep/bleed at high rpms). Remember back when you were boosting stock guys???

I believe you the one, even though i am "the one."

Originally posted by BamBooI
    A stock wrx is very slow.
    ever drive a stock civic or protege, etc. i read an article in automobile where the wrx held it's own against the M5, a car whose price is..what 2,3 times more? it may not be the fastest car out there but i wouldn't call it very slow
    p.s. not trying to start anything, just felt it was an unjust statement
    Last edited by wrxgc; 07-20-2003 at 05:11 PM.

Well thanks for the support man, and I am still the one, you can be the two. To the others that keep insisting that he wasn't racing, maybe you should read a little closer where I stated I waited for him to go first! And I actually wasn't too sure if he was still going after a while so I let off and thats when he started coming up fast but then he slowed down too before he got too close to me. I don't think I mentioned that last part. Oh well. I got to race another WRX last night at the track and I beat him by 1.7 seconds. He had stuff done, but he can't drive or something. He ran a 2.4 60' time.
    Last edited by THE ONE; 07-20-2003 at 06:18 PM.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

Originally posted by wrxgc
    ever drive a stock civic or protege, etc. i read an article in automobile where the wrx held it's own against the M5, a car whose price is..what 2,3 times more? it may not be the fastest car out there but i wouldn't call it very slow
    A stock civic is very very SLOW. I don't consider fast until 12second, 13second is "quick" to me, but not fast. My car is about stock and it is slow(14s). 13s are pretty common now a days. Speed is all relative.

i see where you're coming from..and yes today there a tons of faster cars than a stock wrx, but it's definitely not very slow. take all of those cars that run 12 and low 13 seconds, alot of time was probably invested in them, or alot of money. a stock wrx to me is great if you don't want to invest much of either of those. not many other stock cars around the price of the wrx can compete with it, and to me that is being fast. heck, just about any car besides a kia,etc. can be MADE fast but the wrx comes pretty damn fast stock, comparing to other cars that are stock.
    ::wrxgc (11:56:19 PM): would you say a stock wrx is quote:"very slow"
    EBR0T (11:56:28 PM): LMAO NO::
    we all have our opinions about speed, all i wanted to say through that first post was that i didn't see the stock wrx as "very slow" and wanted to voice my opinion
    Last edited by wrxgc; 07-20-2003 at 09:04 PM.

word, To each their own.

bambooi... i read and enjoy your posts, but seriously though... how can you think a stock WRX is slow? dont get all stage 4 yuppie on me either...
    this isnt even worth talking about, but i just had to add my opinion here
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Originally posted by Wrinkleboi
    bambooi... i read and enjoy your posts, but seriously though... how can you think a stock WRX is slow? dont get all stage 4 yuppie on me either...
    this isnt even worth talking about, but i just had to add my opinion here
    o-|-<) bryan
    When I first got this car I thought it was quick, but I don't consider fast till 12s range. Look around on the streets and at the tracks and you will see 13s/14s is getting more and more common. Fast is all relative and if everything else runs 14s then you are not fast. It is all good though as long as everyong enjoys what they have.

well said... its all relative.

...but i could still whoop on 19 cars out of 20 on the street if i wanted to

o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

that's because you live in southeast pa, where all the fast cars are

i think him being from scotland is just as hard to believe, but hey nothing wrong with that...do you have an accent like craig david?
    What is so hard to believe about me being born in Scotland and raised in England??.... As for having an accent like Craig David, I am told that I do......
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by scoob
    Wow imagine that.. a black man who can actually shift a stick shift. Amazing, Wooo Woooo!!!!
    werd!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

I have to agree with you here...when I drive my modded wrx for weeks without driving anything else, the car starts to feel slow to me.... but as soon as I step into my sis's Avenger, my butt dyno gets recalibrated VERY quickly
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast