Benz AMG SUV? vs STi - funny story
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Benz AMG SUV? vs STi - funny story within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First off I know my STi is faster than this SUV. Whats funny is the SUV owner thought differently. This ...

Benz AMG SUV? vs STi - funny story

First off I know my STi is faster than this SUV. Whats funny is the SUV owner thought differently.

This big huge boxy looking Mercedes Benz SUV was riding my axx so I moved over. The SUV had AMG badging on it. I know AMG makes some really fast cars but this thing is huge. It has to weigh 5000lbs or more. Its huge. I've never seen these SUV's before.

This girl driving it got right next to me going about 50mph and then floored it. She took off and I just kept cruising the speed limit. She then slowed down? I didn't understand why she was slowing down because she just had to blow by me a second earlier. Well as soon as I caught up to her she floors it again and pulls about 6 cars in front of me. I thought to myself, is she trying to tell me something? If she had been driving a Mustang or Camaro I would have been all over her. But an SUV, I just didn't want to play.

Well the light up a head turned red and we both get caught. So there we were sitting side by side. I sat there at the light saying to myself there's no way I going to race this big SUV. But I wanted to prove a point. So I figured I would wait and see what she does. The light turned green and she floors it. So I had to do it. I launched pretty good and by the top of 1st gear blasted by her. I took it up to 70mph or so and I got a nice distance in front of her. Then I slowed down and here it came. The famous ricer fly by but in an SUV. She blew by me like a tornado and then got caught in traffic up the road. I then drove right past her in the left hand lane (going the speed limit) , never to see her again. It was a funny experience. I guess I better get used to it driving a car with a big wing on the back. Everyone is going to want a piece of me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah, I get more SUVs trying to race me than other vehicle. I guess they figure that with their big V8's they must be fast! Well... they're not.

I checked the stats on the AMG M-Class (from a Motor Trend test), and while it's got a nice engine (342hp 5.4L V8), it's not super fast. 0-60 in 6.24 s and 0-100 in 16.48 s. Good for an SUV, but a stock WRX is faster.

The Porsche Cayenne Turbo, which has to be the fastest SUV made, does 0-100 in 12.9 s. That's still slower than an STI, but not by much.

Anyways, good kill and ego-deflation - I'm sure she thought she was driving the fastest thing on the road!

Good Kill

Good story, SGOSWRX. Guess she was just asking for it.

Seen that Mini Cooper magazine ad with the "bogie decals" ? They give you a sheet of stickers which are silhouettes of other vehicles which you have defeated in a race to paste on your car. Just like swastika's painted onto an ace's P-51. In the example, it's a silver Mini with a number of these kills on the door. (There's an amusing disclaimer on the bottom of the page not to taunt your fellow motorists at traffic lights also).

Funny, there are four types of vehicles they give you the kill stickers for, one is an SUV, another recognizably a New Beetle, ditto a PT Cruiser, and LOL - a Viper ! So you can now take the SUV bogie sticker and put it on your WRX.
    Old, but not slow.

I am so pisst!!!!! I want a race!

I get an old guy (Like me) in a Crown Vic.

Bastards!

X

I mainly get SUVs, trucks and ordinary cars trying me. They'll be willing to speed more than me but rather than pass me in an open lane while moving, they dart into the other lane at lights. I may have an STi but don't always mean to start fast...50% throttle, shift at 3500-4500 RPM...which dusts most of them anyways...and surprises them. They migh do it to the STi because of the big spoiler. Then in my brother's WRX wagon they do it because it's a wagon...so it must be slow.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

WHAT IS IT ABOUT YOU SGOS.... EVERYONE WANTS TO RACE YOU IT SEEMS, WHETER ITS THE WRX OR THE STI...
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by ebr0t
    WHAT IS IT ABOUT YOU SGOS.... EVERYONE WANTS TO RACE YOU IT SEEMS, WHETER ITS THE WRX OR THE STI...
    I think its the road network and the type of people that live in my area. I live a little out of town and most the roads are 50mph speed limits and wide open. The one road by my house is perfect for racing (no side streets, great vision down the road, 4 lanes divided, and forest/swamp on either side of the road. I got a race against a Mustang Cobra on this same road last week. Everyone races down this road. Its pretty crazy. The cops are wise of this and you have to keep your eyes open and your radar detector on.
    Yesterday I had another Mustang Cobra (pre 03 Model) that wanted to race me. The problem was be were heading into town and there was light traffic around us. The guy in the Cobra would speed up and slow down trying to get me to bite. He then got behind me and floored it and came blasting by me in the right hand lane. I just kept cruising the speed limit. There were just to many cars on the road in front of us. I'm not going to get into a high speed race, zig zagging through cars. I'll get him next time.

Cool

SGOSWRX, i think it's the wing... i have a WRX and put a replica 22B wing on it and every kid or mustang, camero etc.. seemed to want a piece... well at first i thought it was just the car... then a week ago or two i sold my 22B replica wing and have'nt had a race or anyone rev since... it's gota be the wing LOL...
    it's stock really....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.