Stag4 wrx vs R34 skyline GTR
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stag4 wrx vs R34 skyline GTR within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well today was a good day. I am stationed in England and have seen some of the baddest cars and ...

stu

Stag4 wrx vs R34 skyline GTR

well today was a good day. I am stationed in England and have seen some of the baddest cars and raced quite a few, from older wrxs,STIs evos, ect but today was different. I was going home after work and I was just cruising at about 75 when I see this white spec in the rearview. At first I dont think much of it and just keep driving and then all of a sudden He is on my ass and I realize it a R34 GTR, Talk about intimadating he hangs on my bummper for a few seconds and I realize he has underestimated my WRX. We are entering a small town called brandon so I down shift to 2nd to let him hear the NUR spec roar and show him that I am not stock.
    He seems to more interested now and I can see that he is wearing a sh*t eating grin and a buisness suit. I also notice a front mount intercooler and some stickers on his winsheild. As we get towards the edge of town I slow down and wait to se what he is going to do, He slows down but alot more than me and falls back like 50 and I wonder if he doesnt to race, as soon as I put it in 3rd I see him get on it. I go back down to 2nd and gun it, by this time he is about 10 feet behind me and attempts to pass me, when my boost hits and I start pulling on him. This was a total shock to me because I thought I was gonna be playing catch up. By the middle of 3rd I had like 3 cars on him and he wasent gaining an inch. I knew that 4th was coming up real fast and all I could see was open road for at least 2 miles I thought that It was gonna be all over but at the end of 3rd I had about 4 cars on him. I hit 4th and every thing stayd the same all the way through up to 120, I shift to 5th and he gains about I car and we both shut down at about 135. we both slow way down and when he gets to my bumper again I see this look on his face like wtf I couldent pass a little wrx, I gave him the thumbs up and he returned the guesture.
    I have always wanted to know how my car would fair up to a skyline and I just found out. today is a good day. This makes me realize Just how much I love my car and how bad ass she is

Jeff

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'll be the first to ask. What mods do you have?

I believe a stock (in good running condition) Skyline GT-R R34 runs low to mid 13s @ 103 mph or so. Many older model Skylines have a lot of miles on them and they don't run as good as they used to. While others that are modded and in good running condition can be extremely fast.

A stage 4 huh...Sik!!! I'm actually surprised the GTR held with ya. Though you mentioned a front mount...? If that GTR was modded, he should of eatin' you alive??
    "Live to race, Born to win!"

stu
    I have txs stage 4 with blitz nur spec axel back at 18 PSI. Yah I have friends that got r33 and r32 from Japan but there all GTST, this was a R34 not a older Skyline and I really dont Know how modified he was

What did you do with the TurboXS turboback?

TXS UTEC Stage 4 :
    (TXS UTEC Computer, IHI VF30 Turbocharger, TXS SS Turbo Back Exhaust, TXS Catless Uppipe, Larger 520cc Fuel Injectors, Larger 255 ltr Fuel Pump)

Those are some nice numbers on the dyno they have.
    "Live to race, Born to win!"

stu
    i have the complete txs stage 4 + blitz nur spec

Congrats on the race! Sounds like alot of fun. I have NEVER seen a Skyline on the streets around here. Way too rare. Would be fun to run into one though...
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Good kill. Its not that suprising that you could take him, especially if he was stock. While Skylines are amazing cars, they are very heavy, somewhere around the 3500lb mark, plus you prolly have more hp at the wheels. And from the sound of it, he was stock. I believe skylines come with stock front mounts, and if he had exhaust done you probably would've known. My friend has a GT-R 32 with an exhaust and you can here it coming from a mile away. Once again great kill.

Thats awesome. I would just like to see one up close, not to mention actually racing against one! You are sooooo lucky! Nice win. Especially since the hp numbers are so underrated.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

just goes to show ya that anybody that pays almost $100 grand for a used Skyline GT-R is an idiot. and I don't care how exclusive they are, either.

That skyline owner is probably too ashamed to hold his head up right now.

soo-ba-wooo pow-aaaa. lol.

Its got 2 more pistons and an extra turbo, if he put so much as an exhaust on that car (adds 80hp, no im not lying) he would have owned you so bad that they would make one of those 'own3d' pictures just for you.
    Last edited by CKxx; 07-19-2003 at 12:26 AM.
    I created my avatar.

stu
    Well I just woke up and am still amped from last night. I really dont understand why some people on here always assume that your full of sh*t . I know what a GTR looks like and am sure that This was not a fake. I see skylines all the time but they are usually going the other way. Hell about 3 months ago I was driving to London and while in traffic a R33 GTR v spec 2 pulls up next to me and lets it roar. I really didnt want to race with 4 people and just exhaust he would of murderd me. that is just one the many times I have been impressed over here and I still have a year left to make a grand total of 6 years in Bloddy old England

Originally posted by drbyers
    just goes to show ya that anybody that pays almost $100 grand for a used Skyline GT-R is an idiot.
    i don't think they cost that much over in england, do they?
    Bernie - U.S. Sales Rep
    OOParts International, Inc.

www.ooparts-international.com
    sales@ooparts-international.com
    (305) 469-6009

Originally posted by Bernie
    i don't think they cost that much over in england, do they?
    No they don't. the only reason they're so much here is because only one company (Motorex) imports them and legalizes them for U.S. streets. I think in other countries they run in the $25K-$35k price range.

Im pretty sure they are still quite expensive. In best motoring he reffered to an r34 GTR as "a 50 thousand pound playstation." And since its not a 25ton car, i assume he meant the price.
    Last edited by CKxx; 07-19-2003 at 12:50 PM.
    I created my avatar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast