rx-8 dyno makes 173.8 hp to the wheel
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on rx-8 dyno makes 173.8 hp to the wheel within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://www.rx8forum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6890...

rx-8 dyno makes 173.8 hp to the wheel

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

174whp and even less torque. I hope that thing is a freakin beast on the track cause on the street it doesnt sound too impressive. They should have at least made a turbo version of it.

-edit- on some other dynos they are supposedly getting 200whp stock. I wonder when we'll start seeing some actual dnyo plots.
    Last edited by silverscooby; 07-18-2003 at 03:04 PM.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

I say there are some people freaking out on that forum I am sure it will all be good and well and the 247hp are there. Must say I got a kick from the arguments that it makes ALOT less power because it is not yet broken in.

What's to break in on a rotory? the piston rings sure don't have to seat. I"d think the three seals around the rotor would seat pretty quick since they are pushed into the wall of the chamber. Some guy in an SRT said he got beat by an -8 on the highway during a roll race. There's no way that happened if they are only throwing 190ish power. Hmm.....
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

There's no way that happened if they are only throwing 190ish power.

Unless he raced in 5th
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

Originally posted by GTP_Gator
    Unless he raced in 5th
    True.... maybe the srt driver's an idiot. Not like it hasn't happened before..
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

reminds me off when the vishnu dyno of the evo came out

i downloaded a best motoring vid where they had a few cars go againts the new rx8 in japan... it did NOT do well

come on mazda give us the rx7 back!!!
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

"first off my car is the 6sp.. second of off i have the print outs... third of all i have 600 miles on it and it is pretty broken in.. Im friends with the owner of the dyno and unless his dyno was broken or my specific car is off then those numbers are correct gentleman... some of yall are gettin mad at the wrong person.. i aighnt apoligizin' for scit..... ANywayz good duck was right on the money with all his replies... It maxed horspeower at 88.3 mph. he reved it up in third gear and 4th gear.. HE even did somethin to the air intake and it added an extra 4 horsepower...Take what u want from this thread but dont start hatin on me..... go test is for your self... im out reppin the DIRTY.."
    - adamp316
    Apparently he has the 210hp engine.

EDIT: for clarification of facts
    Last edited by AjIsDope; 07-18-2003 at 06:05 PM.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Originally posted by AjIsDope
    If you read the thread it says that the guy has an auto with the 210hp engine.
    then the dyno numbers are right on... but its still no FD replacement in my book

- 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

they dynoed the automatic version which comes with ~210hp the manual one comes with ~250
    TurboXS stealth back w/cat
    K&N filter (resonator removed)
    Hallman MBC set @ 14.7 psi in 4th gear.

"first off my car is the 6sp." no that's the manual. 250ish HP thinga ma bob.

ACTUALLY I JUST READ THE WHOLE DAMN THREAD and IT WAS THE 6 SPEED VERSION, the owner stated himself it was not auto and his car has THREE exhaust ports aka the 6 speed 247hp version!!!

- 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Ike
    I read about a Mazda salesman beating a guy in his SRT-4 from a dig. I've also read about how the car the mags tested had something wrong with something, the ports I think it was??? Sounds like Mazda may have some consistency issues, or that's just a really screwy dyno. The verdict seems to still be out with a lot of things on the RX-8, will be interesting to see the final outcome.

Ike

i have to ask, does any of it really matter?

the Vishnu initial dyno controversy proved that dyno testing isn't always correct.

real world testing is all that really matters. If you don't believe me, just ask any SR-T owner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.