rx-8 dyno makes 173.8 hp to the wheel - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on rx-8 dyno makes 173.8 hp to the wheel within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; True that. i was gonna get the 3rd gen rx7 before i got my WRX... but.. i had the 2nd ...

come on mazda give us the rx7 back!!!

True that. i was gonna get the 3rd gen rx7 before i got my WRX... but.. i had the 2nd gen rx7 and that gave me a lot of maintenance issues, and i needed a much more reliable car.. i am sure it just gave me problems because it was really old.. more than 10years old! if the rx7 came out in 2003... it would be a close call between that and the wrx. =) but TurboAWD rocks!
    "All the auto WRXs I've driven (alot, I work at a dealership) give me enough time to make a peanut butter and jelly sammich before they hit boost." - Rancid

SQC 120

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Speaking of RX-8s, we just got in about 5 at the dealership I work at. Apparently, they're still pretty rare so an RX-7 club came by today, digital cameras in hand, to check 'em out. I was drooling over the members' RX-7's, but the RX-8s are amazing cars. The engines sound incredible and the interior is...whoah! The backseats are very comfy and roomy for being in a sports car. It's just impressive all around, IMO. I can't wait to drive one...

I think the Mazda has enough power (but maybe not enough torque) to warrant its ~$30k sticker considering its style, handling, and uniqueness. Plus, aftermarket parts - including forced induction goodies - will be hitting the market soon.

Oh, and right now there's a $3999 markup on them in my area.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

i hate markup fees damn dealers price gouging as if they dont make enough on each car sold already!

but anyways... the new rx8 looks nice but no tq is ghey, for 30k i'd buy an evo, sti, even s2k over it anyday... but the real competitor is prob the 350z/g35... and ill take a big torquey vsik of that too

come on mazda... give us the rx7!!! on their forum, they said rumors that the rx7 will be 1.5ltr version of the renesis II... making over 300hp but still no tq (NA powered)
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Originally posted by dukmahsik
    i hate markup fees damn dealers price gouging as if they dont make enough on each car sold already!

You ought to move up here to Canada! No markups or price gouging.... It's illegal for dealers to do that up here
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.