Is it wrong to race another Rex?

This is a discussion on Is it wrong to race another Rex? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So is there some unwritten code that says: Thou shalt not race your kind? My wife says on her way ...

Is it wrong to race another Rex?

So is there some unwritten code that says: Thou shalt not race your kind?
    My wife says on her way home from Yoga she ended up next to another WRX sedan. She said it had wheels and a blowoff valve she was not sure about exhaust since she didn't see it from behind.
    So she was looking over at the guy and he knew she was there but neither revved or actually confirmed race ready status.
    She says when the light turned she "made sure she wasn't going too slow just in case" and ended up quite a bit ahead after a block or so.
    Obviously the guy wasn't racing.
    So what's the deal? Is it rude to try other Rex owners just for fun?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think as long as you wave when you see them, don't embarass anyone too bad, and give a thumbs up when it's over, it's ALL GOOD

Just don't let them breed

Friendly competition is always good. Play it safe and enjoy. Ofcourse the thumbs up..even if they are running stage 4
    It's not a damn beanbag!

Late one night I pulled up next to a sedan WRX at a red light. The other WRX was dropped, had different wheels and what looked like a boost controller (might have been a turbo timer) and some gauges.I looked over and nodded a hello to the 2 young guys in the WRX. They looked at me, smirked, looked at each other and laughed.

I started to pull away normally but they got into the throttle. I figured what the heck and blew by them in 2nd gear. I slowed down but they wouldn't even look my way this time.

It further confirmed the sleeper status of my stage 4 tmic wagon with factory muffler and oem wheels.
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

I don't think it's at all wrong. Why not? It's all for fun. I've only run against a (most likely stock) WRX and handed the two guys their asses We did this twice and the second time he just gave up and didn't want to do it anymore.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Re: Is it wrong to race another Rex?

Originally posted by PKer
    She says when the light turned she "made sure she wasn't going too slow just in case" and ended up quite a bit ahead after a block or so.
    0wn3d!

-tp

not sure about u guys but most of the time around here when i see modded GSTs or GSXes we usually give each other the thumbs up and head our way but occasionally there are asses...
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

I would race another Rexie. That would be alot of fun IMO.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Hell no it's not wrong. I will race anything that wants to!
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

It's not considered 'racing', just spirited driving. I love gettin the beat by all the local stage 4+ rexes around here. I haven't yet met one wrx owner that has been a **** or thought he/she was somehow 'better' cuz they had a different set of mods, etc. Besides, nothin beats meetin up with another modded wrx on a long highway drive and double teaming everyone else that wants to race.. Gettin beat by one wrx is bad, but TWO at the same time..

jb

It's only wrong if you are caught doing it... at which point it's a misdemeanor and 2 points on your record for like 8 years. But most insurance companies only care about your record 3 years back..

I think racing the same car is the ultimate thrill... a true decisive test of who's the man. Real braggin rights... it's especially fun when you run someone on a canyon or back road and own them. Drag racing is boring...

i never get the opportunity out here because any wrx i see usually ends up being a friend or old man/woman i probably would try to if i saw one..just for fun. i wouldn't be a jerk though and just assume they wanted to, i would make sure they were up for it first
    Float like a butterfly and sting like when I pee

No way, it's not wrong.. I love racing other wrxs when I get the chance. It's cool to see how the cars compare etc.

Right on.
    As long as everything is friendly it's all good!