Sheep in Wolfs clothing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Sheep in Wolfs clothing within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; SO I am heading home from the Board Walk, and It is like 3:30AM, and there is NO ONE on ...

Sheep in Wolfs clothing

SO I am heading home from the Board Walk, and It is like 3:30AM, and there is NO ONE on the road, just me and My EVO, all stock.

ANywasy then these exceedingly bright lights get beind me, tailgait me and then he slows down? Then he floors it right up to my ass and lets off PHSSSSSSSSCHHHHHHH!!! Ohhhh turbo, BIG ass fog lamps too, well it is a 45 and I am doing 45 as I am VERY conspicious, he blows right by me on a pass, it looks like an STi, IT IS, the wing says soo. Beautiful Blue, has an exhaust and atleast an intake and a VTA BOV. I may just lose this one, but maybe not, he may not be able to drive as well as me, it is a dirvers race.

So he is playing the "I am gona keep speeding up and not let you get next to me, and then slow down when you slow down" Game, so I am like FU,CK it, pretty soon he gets anxious, and gets right next to me at a light. HMMMMMMMMM those are pretty small all aluminum 16 inch wheels, he is REVING to the moon, looking strait foward, No STi badges, hood scoop looks kinda small, and the Wing is all black with a blue body, hmmmm.

It looks like an STI but it is not, nice try though, had me going and I was a lil nervous, now I am am chillin with this -****- eating Grin, I used to beat these guys with my TSI AWD on my T-25 (which makes the 13B look like a 60 Trim) and beat a full 15G BPU WRX with my T3/T4 TSI, so this should be cake, and by the sound of the turbo, it was the 13B, tiny and underpowered.. I shut off my A/C and radio and just waited, the cross light turns yellow, he gets to atleast 5000 and just stays there.

GREEN!!!

HE takes off with a full out dump, not bad, didn't stumble like all the other idiots why don't know how to do an AWD Launch, and gets right out in front as I am slipping the clutch for a caculated but time consuming launch. I get to that sweet spot, and DUMP, I am already out in front now by the top of 1st which is over 40MPH, making up the initial length and then the second, I bang out gears to about 100 MPH and then cut off, he was pretty far behind, maybe 4+ Lengths.

So I slow down an do the speed limit in the right lane, race over, he gets on the laft and tries to pass, so I play the game he played and keep going faster and faster until he goes WOT and So do I and walk away until he lets off.

SO I slow down do the speed limit again and he stays back there. A couple of miles down the road I see him take off again, I am in 5th with the A/C on and the radio blasting so I just let him go, he makes sure to Blow off in my face as he passes, staring right as me as he does, and then cuts right in front still WOT, then puts his blinkers on, and then takes the next exit and speeds off into the night, I guess I lost, man these WRX's are fast.

BTW he defenatly had the stcok turbo, and obviously had no clue how to tune as I have seen faster 13B's, his car was CLEAN and looked mean though, no rice. But My guess is he is trying to boost WAY beyond his cars limits (I RUN 20PSI YO!!! It be mad fast!!!) and teh car is just detonating as it had NO topend, sad, car looked awesome.
    Last edited by TSi AWD; 07-17-2003 at 10:16 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Sheep in Wolfs clothing

It may not LOOK rice, yet he has all the actions of a TRUE RICER

Rob
    Automatic WRX Test Dummy/Pioneer. 11 Second Auto Club.

Question

am I the only confused here?

It wasn't a Sti, read the title, it was a SHEEP in WOLFES clothing.

It was a WRX decked out to look like a STi, and it did look nice, but he had no clue how to tune, plus stock WRX turbos are TINY and offer no true topend potential, the best you can get with it is mid range torque, thats it. He got beat bad, may have been a better race if he knew how to tune or knew what detonation was, cuz I ran by him pretty fast, I have raced faster 13B's.

Is this a troll on crack thread?

the drama

can there be any more drama in that post? Maybe you need to race a real one for comparision :-) lol
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

HEHE

Yeah Kick his a$$ seabass.

Re: Sheep in Wolfs clothing

Originally posted by TSi AWD

BTW he defenatly had the stcok turbo, and obviously had no clue how to tune as I have seen faster 13B's, his car was CLEAN and looked mean though, no rice. But My guess is he is trying to boost WAY beyond his cars limits (I RUN 20PSI YO!!! It be mad fast!!!) and teh car is just detonating as it had NO topend, sad, car looked awesome.
    Don't the stock EVO's run 19lbs boost already, so you went up a whole 1 psi, WOW!!!

Does anyone else smell the B.S.????
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

Re: Re: Sheep in Wolfs clothing

Originally posted by skullguy

Don't the stock EVO's run 19lbs boost already, so you went up a whole 1 psi, WOW!!!

you are correct about the evo. however, i believe TSi was speaking in the first person as if he were the rex driver. meaning the rex driver may be trying to boost 20psi on his stock turbo. my .02.

Read it again dude, he was making fun of the guy.

Good kill.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

Re: Re: Re: Sheep in Wolfs clothing

Originally posted by MOG_22
    Read it again dude, he was making fun of the guy.
    Gotcha!

My bad
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

you are correct about the evo. however, i believe TSi was speaking in the first person as if he were the rex driver. meaning the rex driver may be trying to boost 20psi on his stock turbo. my .02.

Exactly, Thank You.

Again this car had no topend what so ever, still hard to do with a 13B but is still capable of a low 13 if he tuned correctly, but he did not.

Me thinks he didn't have any fuel control, and just bolted **** on and the OH SO loud BOV into the atmosphere which is also a bad idea for the fuel curve.

He just needs to learn how to tune, thats all.

Im going w/the 'troll on crack' vote.
    I created my avatar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast