Sheep in Wolfs clothing - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Sheep in Wolfs clothing within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; WHat is so hard to believe that a EVO VIII Beat a WRX with teh stock turbo? Ever see a ...

WHat is so hard to believe that a EVO VIII Beat a WRX with teh stock turbo?

Ever see a 13B turbo

Ever See a 16G TurbO

This race is NOT that unbelieveable, a low 13 second car beat a 14 Second car, pretty much cut and dry.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wink WRX....

hummmmmmmm maybe the WRX was stock beside the BOV.. and maybe its just me but i seem to have good top end with no fuel or eng mangt... could be the driver also.....
    it's stock really....

Originally posted by TSi AWD
    WHat is so hard to believe that a EVO VIII Beat a WRX with teh stock turbo?
    Absolutely nothing. Good kill Some people on here just have that holier than thou attitude...pay them no mind . Your car is faster than a stock WRX. As wrxracer said, that car you killed may just have had show mods with a BOV. I hope you're not discouraged from postin again on our forum

BTW do you have any pics of your car?
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Cool races/kills....

yea, no doubt.. a kill is a kill.. i hate to say it but if you race sooner or later your going down.. miss shift, traffic etc.. all play a part when you race.. driver ability is the most next to your cars mods... how does it go..HUM!!!! if you can't run with the big dogs stay your ASS on the porch this is not meant for anyone person.. but excuses are lame, we all use or have one now and then, but it still remains you lose some you win some... to me the main thing is to have fun with it and be as safe as you can.. o one more.. WIN AS MANY AS YOU CAN...lol
    it's stock really....

Nice Kill! That d00d was a tool for doing a ricer fly by AND puttin on the 4 ways!!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

His car wasn't stock, Me thinks he had the stage 1 stuff, like a BOV VTA, an intake defenately, a cat back, maybe an Upper IC pipe.

No picks of my car yet, atleast not on this computer but it is just a red Evo, stock.

Thanx for the welcome.

Cool mods......

if he had a stage1 kit he should have faired better.. no tuning involved really.. could have been the driver.. also no upper I/C pipes for us.., wait only upper I/C with top mount I/C..or either stock or samco/perrin I/C hoses, not sure if knew that on the I/C part... not like the DSM etc... and if it was black smoke coming out it might have had some fuel upgrades but no eng mangt to tune it with.. S-AFC or something would be needed to run larger injectors and fuel pump or it would run real rich... but that's the way some people are.. bolt it all on but nothing to control or mangt it... called the three"P's" piss poor planning..
    it's stock really....

I honestly could not tell if he had black smoke comming out the exhaust, I was infront the entire time .

I doubt he had any fuel management, but he did have pilar gauges, that is for sure, again his car had a good dig off the line, but no Topend what so ever, and neither does the Evo for that matter, it yanks boost and DUMPS and I mean DUMPS Fuel (My STOCK exhaust on my STOCK Evo is BLACK along with the bumper, amazing) and YANKS timing, to like 8 degress and yanks boost to only 16PSI, which is low for a 4G63. But is is enought to stay toe to toe with an LS1 SS, my best race so far, LT1's are a joke.

He needs to know how to tune, me thiunks he was racing all night, had a healthy doce of Heat soak coupled with a tiny inefficent 13B (those turbos came on 1G DSM Automatics to aid in the automatic lag) = no topend.

I just had the faster car that day.

Although there IS a BADASS WRX fully modded as far as the stock turbo is concerned, rumor has it that it runs 12's with race gas, and low 13's with pump, and it is SWEET and LOUD and shoots small flames after a WOT dump.

By then I should have a BR Intake filter, SAFC, and a MBC set to 19.5 PSI to the red, good for 295 WHP, and running about 1 12.8 at 108MPH, get an exhaust you run a 12.4 at 111MPH on pump.

Next is some nice cams and tuning with a better BOV and FMIC, you get 360 to the wheels and 11's, on pump, and the stock turbo and injectors, I love These cars.

nice kill..!! itsa a shame he pulled the ol ricer fly by though..

I raced a stock EVO with a VS0 reflash, crank pulley, UP, and DP with stock box and beat him to 110 by about 2 car lengths, from a stop and from a roll every time, but it is totally believable if this guy was using stock boost levels because the WRX needs more boost to keep up with the EVO.
    Sold: 2002 WRX
    w/VS0 best of 13.5 at 97.5

New: 2003 Silverado

Originally posted by TSi AWD
    I honestly could not tell if he had black smoke comming out the exhaust, I was infront the entire time .

I doubt he had any fuel management, but he did have pilar gauges, that is for sure, again his car had a good dig off the line, but no Topend what so ever, and neither does the Evo for that matter, it yanks boost and DUMPS and I mean DUMPS Fuel (My STOCK exhaust on my STOCK Evo is BLACK along with the bumper, amazing) and YANKS timing, to like 8 degress and yanks boost to only 16PSI, which is low for a 4G63. But is is enought to stay toe to toe with an LS1 SS, my best race so far, LT1's are a joke.

He needs to know how to tune, me thiunks he was racing all night, had a healthy doce of Heat soak coupled with a tiny inefficent 13B (those turbos came on 1G DSM Automatics to aid in the automatic lag) = no topend.

I just had the faster car that day.

Although there IS a BADASS WRX fully modded as far as the stock turbo is concerned, rumor has it that it runs 12's with race gas, and low 13's with pump, and it is SWEET and LOUD and shoots small flames after a WOT dump.

By then I should have a BR Intake filter, SAFC, and a MBC set to 19.5 PSI to the red, good for 295 WHP, and running about 1 12.8 at 108MPH, get an exhaust you run a 12.4 at 111MPH on pump.

Next is some nice cams and tuning with a better BOV and FMIC, you get 360 to the wheels and 11's, on pump, and the stock turbo and injectors, I love These cars.
    With that setup, i have seen only 275 whp for the evo. A stock evo puts down 220-230 Hp on that same dyno. The wrx was about 185-190 stock on that dyno.
    Check the link!
    http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...threadid=24551

It all depends, I am going with the Buschur Racing setup, which is probably the bast man to have his hands on a 4G63, they got 240 WHP on a Stock Evo, keep in mind turbo cars are EXTREMELY finicky when it comes to consistamt power levels, too much humidity, or run after tun on a Dyno with no air flwing like it would be at 60+ mph to keep things cool, you knwo the ECU yanks timing like a MoFo when things arn't perfect. RUn a turbo car at night, and then try the same **** during the day at 95 degrees F and you know what I mean.

At 75 degrees with little humidity and 93 Pump gas, an Evo should be putting down 240 to the wheels, a STI should be putting 265 to the wheels. Instalation of a Grounding kit on EITHER car will make sure this happens almost all the time, theres cars really need them ASAP, the stock grounds are CRAP on both cars.

Any ways they got 30 WHP on a SAFC ALONE, with their proven method of dyno tuning with the wide band, they got ANOTHER 30WHP with 19.5 PSI held to red and an Intake/Exhaust, more tuning they put over 310 to the wheels.

Here is what Mr. David Buschur Has on his Evo.

Mods List

We finally made it back out to the track with the car. We had the track rented this last Monday for testing of our shop cars and a few customer cars. We had a blast, having the track all to yourself is the way to go.

First, this is what we had on the car:

BR full 3" exhaust system (weighs in at a mere 24 pounds compared to 60 pounds stock)
    BR airfilter
    BR MAS pipe
    BR upper i/c pipe
    BR valve cover breather
    BR manual boost controller (19-20 psi)
    Super AFC with BR air fuel settings (supplied with our AFC)
    Autometer boost gauge
    BR boost gauge mount
    BR lightweight battery kit (17 pounds compared to 37 stock)
    Very low tank of straight 94 octane Sunoco fuel

The car dyno'd 343.9 hp and 294 ft lbs of torque like this.

Tym made the first pass in the car and ran:
    1.85 sixty foot
    8.02 1/8th mile at 86.99 mph
    12.48 1/4 mile at 110.99
    Tym made a bunch more 12.5 passes and ran a best of
    1.74 sixty foot
    7.98 1/8th mile at 86.96 mph
    12.47 1/4 mile at 110.29 mph

Then Kevin took a turn in the car:
    1.76 sixty foot
    7.96 1/8th mile at 87.14
    12.42 1/4 mile at 111.20 mph

Then the old guy, David Buschur took one pass:
    1.77 sixty foot
    8.00 1/8th mile at 86.92 mph
    12.48 1/4 mile at 110.74 mph

Three different drivers, NO COOL down on the car and we all ran 12.4's back-to-back.
    Link

Buschur Racing Evo

Again Credit this man is pretty much the Best when it comes to tuning the 4G63, he's set many records, plus manufactures way cheaper parts that make the most power.

On a turbo car, tuning is KEY, nothing more important.

Cams would net anouther 20 WHP.

Penguinking has the Buschur Racing full exhaust on his car. That thing sounds mean. I really do like it!
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Its nothing speacial, no resonators, no bends unless they have to be, a muffler that is average BUT is a true 3.0-3.0 In/Out, Credit the 4G63 that is just how they sound.

It is just a full turbo back with no cats, restrictions what so ever.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.