Stock Evo vs. lightly modded WRX (Timeslip)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stock Evo vs. lightly modded WRX (Timeslip) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This was at a crappy 1/8th mile track, he would have caught up and passed if it was a quarter, ...

Stock Evo vs. lightly modded WRX (Timeslip)

This was at a crappy 1/8th mile track, he would have caught up and passed if it was a quarter, but it was fun. There was also a SRT-4 there it ran a 9.4 and it puts down 250 whp.
    Timeslip file is to big to post

Evo WRX
    60 2.112 2.00
    1/8 9.045 9.041
    mph 78.86 76.92

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What does "lightly" mean? Tell us your mods and hp. Seems like the reaction time wasn't the best that day. Props on the win. As they say: "it doesn't matter if you win by....a win is a win"

mbc up dp

yikes, he needs to learn how to launch an awd mitsu... 1.7-1.8s are the norm
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Don't take this as a slam, but you both need to learn how to launch. With almost a 77 mph 1/8th mile trap, you should be in the 8s man. 8.8 at least. Your car is making the power to do so....and the evo is easy mid 8 material with 79 mph traps.

VV

Originally posted by dukmahsik
    yikes, he needs to learn how to launch an awd mitsu... 1.7-1.8s are the norm

Originally posted by VetteVert
    Don't take this as a slam, but you both need to learn how to launch. With almost a 77 mph 1/8th mile trap, you should be in the 8s man. 8.8 at least. Your car is making the power to do so....and the evo is easy mid 8 material with 79 mph traps.

VV
    This is very true. My best 1/8th timeslip is 8.940 @ 80.47. Either there was a serious traction issue (which shouldn't be the case with two AWD cars) or you both need to work on the launch.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

agreed

yeah i agree, when i only had my UP and MBC i pulled an 8.74@80.7mph with a 1.99 60foot.
    2002 Silver WRX with:

TurboXS MBC @ 15.5, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy Shift Bushings, Godspeed Uppipe, Custom 3" Turboback Exhaust with 4" Bellmouth and Flowmaster Muffler, Eibach Springs, Diablo C9 18" Rims, Wings West body Kit and Wing

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.