'98ish E36 M3 gets waxed by 12.8 WRX (from a roll)

This is a discussion on '98ish E36 M3 gets waxed by 12.8 WRX (from a roll) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Okay, here goes. I was at the gas station earlier and noticed a nice looking M3 sitting there parked just ...

'98ish E36 M3 gets waxed by 12.8 WRX (from a roll)

Okay, here goes. I was at the gas station earlier and noticed a nice looking M3 sitting there parked just to the side. I was already pumping fuel into the ol' WRX. As I was finishing, I noticed a guy walk out to it with an 18 pack and ice. I got in my car as did he. As I pulled away from the pump he had already started his car and put it in reverse and by the time I got to the street, he was in back of me with his turn signal flashing the same way.

Boom! As soon as the traffic cleared for ME....I "crept" out so that he could get in back of me. Yes...that was the ticket! He went WOT at his first oppty on my outside.

What'd you think I did but destroyed him as I was already in 1st at about 4k rpm. By the time that I had hit the top of 2nd I had probably made 3 car lengths on him (Remember though, he had the jump and was already full throttle and was at my back bumper when I hit it).

It actually took me more time than I would've thought to put only three cars on 'em.

Good fun none the less
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Damn...do you have exterior mods? Just wondering..I bet that guy had no idea what happened to him. Probalby thought you were spraying NOZZZ or something to pull him like that

High 12 second WRX, damn, that will put a beating on a low 14 second M3. good run man!
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by smokey
    Damn...do you have exterior mods? Just wondering..I bet that guy had no idea what happened to him. Probalby thought you were spraying NOZZZ or something to pull him like that

High 12 second WRX, damn, that will put a beating on a low 14 second M3. good run man!

Yeah thanks. He probably thought that he'd just put a hurting on me but......didn't happen. He's probably still scratching his head LOL
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Thumbs up

yeps i raced an e36 when i had my stage 4 equivalent to WRXes on my GSX from a roll as well... waxed him BADDDD
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS