Well I was driving home from the movies and I started to slow down as I approached my exit (about 3 exits to go). As I was slowing down, I noticed that a newer bmw was slowing down with me. I kept slowing down so I could get behind him to catch my exit and I notice he kept slowing down. It didn't take me too long to figure out what his intentions were. Well at this point we are traveling about 50mph on a road that most people drive 70mph+ on, I look over and the guy is looking over as well. I don't know if I shifted first or he did, but the end result was me jumping ahead as I down shifted to 3rd (going about 60mph). I pull ahead to about 4 cars as I was shifting into 4th. As my rpms climb to about 6k in 4th, I knew that from this point on I would lose my lead (I don't have a whole lot of faith in the WRX's abilities at hwy speeds; in nearly stock form). Regardless, I look back to see that he didn't gain at all, he actually may have lost some space. Well at this point my exit was upon me so I take the exit and I look up as he passes me to catch a glimpse of what trim this E46 may have been. Damnit, he had the badges shaved off~ sheesh, this could have been a 323 for all I know...