evo?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on evo? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So, I have been trying to get a good price (MSRP) for an STi and have been quoted from anywhere ...

evo?

So, I have been trying to get a good price (MSRP) for an STi and have been quoted from anywhere between 5k to 10k over, which is simply ridiculous. One dealership is offering me an EVO below MSRP, so I am serioulsy considering trading in the wrx for it. Have not test driven yet, so a question, am I really getting a better car? I drive fast in the mtns, I am not into drag racing or dropping the clutch type stuff, only going fast on windy roads. Is the EVO going bet the pants off the REX? Or, should I wait for the hype of the STi to go away?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sht
    evo is the best in the twisties and **** like that tarmack monster it is rex is better in dirt.
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

Take a test drive and see how you like it. It's a nice car, but the interior looks kinda cheap. Plus you have that stock lowered intercooler.... it will be faster than your rex but not an STI if you can find one for a good price.

Originally posted by Blue2004WRX
    Take a test drive and see how you like it. It's a nice car, but the interior looks kinda cheap. Plus you have that stock lowered intercooler.... it will be faster than your rex but not an STI if you can find one for a good price.
    To be honest with you, the STi and EVO have been tested soo many times by so many different magazines...and while MOST of them say the STi is faster by .2 seconds 0-60, there's a couple that say the EVO is faster in both the run to 60 and the 1/4 mile!

The EVO's track times are ALWAYS better tho, because of it's amazing handling and similar power...

Drive the EVO, and if you like it, get it. You're getting the same features as the STi, maybe not 300hp/300lb ft. ... but the downside of the EVO is DEFINATELY the interior! (Gives a little more room to work with )

Let us know what you decide.
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

the evo has been quoted as the better handling of the two on a number of occations.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Originally posted by RLsChMiDt
    The EVO's track times are ALWAYS better tho, because of it's amazing handling and similar power...
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

IMO Evo and STi both have the same amount of power, but the difference in price is shown in the interiors. STi is way nicer but the Evo is plain ugly inside.
    2004 WRB 5spd
    catless

This is a tough decision that many potential car buyers face on many of these message boards. The Evo's setup makes it the better handling car for tarmac, whereas the STi's setup makes it the better all-around car for all sorts driving applications. And even though you said you wouldn't be doing it, the STi is the winner when it comes to quarter-miles. (To my knowledge, only one magazine--Motor Trend--has had the Evo produce faster quarter-mile times, and even they were skeptical about it because the cars were tested on different tracks, in favor of the Evo.) Even though the Evo has nice Recaro seats (oversized compared to JDM Evos, I might add, in order to accommodate us fat Americans, as the Japanese view us), the STi interior is far better looking and more functional, with the exception of its lack of a stock audio system, which will add about $600 to your purchase. I'd say wait until the STi hype begins to die down, then make a decision.

Even if you can't test-drive both, at least find a way to sit inside them both to compare. Remember that the interior is what you will be in and dealing with every single time you drive it. If need be, wait until the STi hype is gone. I got an STi and prefer it over an Evo...but that's just me. It's all personal preference with these two, so get whichever you like better.

And so everyone knows, the STi can be a mean handling demon once you start getting to know it.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

screw all that.

just test drive em both, and then buy the car you want. if the dealership doesn't want to sell you a car at a reasonable price, go elsewhere.

It's as simple as that.

That's why they're called "salesmen." They're supposed to try and sell you on their product. You shouldn't have to do it for them.

And just remember: although the evo and sti are the greatest things since slided bread right now, someone will introduce a superior car inevitably. Perhaps as early as this fall.

Originally posted by RLsChMiDt
    but the downside of the EVO is DEFINATELY the interior!

Sounds oddly familiar. Where did I hear something like this before. Hmmmmm. Ah yes, I remember. THE WRX. Everyone's knock on it was the interior. Every board I was on I had to defend it. So many people bashed the interior, it is a marvel that the car did catch on at the level that it did. I guess I find it amusing that people on a WRX board that own WRX's would knock the interior on the EVO. I know many if not all of you have defended your own interiors at some point or another. I saw an EVO interior, didn't get a chance to sit it in though. Looked quite nice to be honest with you. It wasn't underdone, or overdone. It was simplistic, yet clean. You are not going to get the creature comforts or refineness as you would get in say, an S4. It is however, a decent interior inside a GREAT car. I know you guys like the STi and tend to lean towards it more, but it really does seem like you may be stretching a bit to try and give that extra edge to the STi. My advice is simple. Either car will suit your needs. Both are sporty, fun, somewhat practical, and pretty rare. You have to go sit in both, AND drive both. If a dealer says he won't let you, say thank you, I'll stop by in my STi/EVO (whichever is the competitors car) and walk out. If they don't allow you to drive a car that you are paying 30 grand for, then you don't want to do business with them.

Originally posted by drbyers
    although the evo and sti are the greatest things since slided bread
    SLIDED BREAD? HOLY SH1T. When did they come out with that. I have GOT to jump on that bandwagon. Where can I get me some of that

"refineness?"

HOLY SH1T. I gotta jump on the bandwagon and get some of that.

Originally posted by drbyers
    "refineness?"

HOLY SH1T. I gotta jump on the bandwagon and get some of that.
    Yeah, pull up a chair. I'll explain it over a piece of slided bread

evo under msrp, and u like the mountain roads?!?!

get the evo, u won't regret it
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast