evo? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on evo? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by 2001S4 SLIDED BREAD? HOLY SH1T. When did they come out with that. I have GOT to jump ...

Thumbs up

Originally posted by 2001S4
    SLIDED BREAD? HOLY SH1T. When did they come out with that. I have GOT to jump on that bandwagon. Where can I get me some of that
    ROFL

anyone know a good evo board?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Depends On what you want.

Want a Dialy driver? Better interior? More calm handling? Predictive understeer? Better low end torque?

Get the STI, wait for the MSRP to drop or seach out a dealer who is selling one at MSRP, and then bring the ad to the dealer, state you will buy that one if you do not lower the price.

Want a bette handling car? A proven motor? a BIG 16G that can be EASILLy upgreaded to 400WHP on pump gas? ( In comparison the STi has a TINY turbo, needs a ECU and Turbo to play this game) Want a BUMPY ride? Want the fastest stopping car ever tested?

Get the EVo, VERY tunable and with the 2.0 it has the topend and will run circles around the competition, it'll make yoru WRX feal like a truck in comparison.

Or keep the WRX and make it bad ass, the choice is yours.

Originally posted by mattyp
    anyone know a good evo board?
    http://forums.evolutionm.net/

once again u guys are so level headed its amazing in here. no evo bashing at all.. just great feed back.

both cars are great, i'd take either over my gsx in a heartbeat and both will run rings around a wrx (or my gsx for that matter)

sti - more power, a bit better interior, comfier ride, 6 speed baby, more advance drivetrain, bigger motor (albiet unproven)

evo - super proven motor, great stock turbo (people hit 11s already on stock turbo), better handler, a real tuner's car, cheaper

honestly u cant go wrong with either both are the creme de la crop for imports under 35k
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

I hear the EVO is kinda jittery at higher speeds, due to the quick steering response. And the guages are a bit hard to discern in direct sunlight. Other than that, all it gets is praise. Its for sure the superior tamac car. The currrent idea on the handling difference is that SOA dropped in the 2.5 to make us hp hungry Americans happy, and screwed with the balance, also the limited slip front on the STi prolly does not help asphalt huggin games...tho it will make snow/loose surface games very interesting.

Mitsu needs to get the AYC ststem over here pronto, and really lay some smackdown on some Detroit iron.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

No need for AYC for the street, the EVO does fine without one, and saves over 100 pounds, although I would like a 6 speed with a 1st gear to 45 MPH (Just like the stock 5 SPeed) and a 6th gear that is TALL, very tall to yank the car to 180MPH with mods, need a higher gear.

thanks for all the info, I was suppoed to go look at the EVo this weekend but the dealer did not get back to me via email, so I had to delay the potential purchase.

I am really torn, but am leaning towards the Mitsu, . Given that the cars are more or less "equal" here is where I stand, I love my WRX, and have no doubt that I too would love the STI, but given my history (my prior problems with Subaru and the whole clutch thing), the lack of any dealer in the So Cal area willing to discuss MSRP, and then Mitsu stepping up and offering below MSRP before I even get to the dealership, things like this sway me as a customer.

Again, thanks for the input.

Originally posted by car returns
    thanks for all the info, I was suppoed to go look at the EVo this weekend but the dealer did not get back to me via email, so I had to delay the potential purchase.

I am really torn, but am leaning towards the Mitsu, . Given that the cars are more or less "equal" here is where I stand, I love my WRX, and have no doubt that I too would love the STI, but given my history (my prior problems with Subaru and the whole clutch thing), the lack of any dealer in the So Cal area willing to discuss MSRP, and then Mitsu stepping up and offering below MSRP before I even get to the dealership, things like this sway me as a customer.

Again, thanks for the input.
    Below MSRP for an Evo sounds fantastic to me...I'd go for it unless I could wait some. First autocross in my STi yesterday...it was a lot of fun, but it's gonna take time to get used to the gearing. I'm still used to 5-speeds...

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

That is what I P aid for mine, fully optioned out too. I got it for $29,000, was trhat or pay $38,000+++++++ for a STI, was an easy choice.

I am facing the same dilemma as yourself... except I can get an EVO for $25,500 . Even with that I still choose the STi. I even personally test drove an EVO VIII but I hate to say the interior played a big roll in it for me. I am afraid I am getting old (going to be 28 this year).

Here is my experience with the EVO. The ride was very nice and 'tight'. Overall I would describe the car as 'tense' in that it is very go-kart like in handling with the quick steering ratio. The acceleration was nice even with 700lbs of passengers in the car as we had.

But honestly I do a lot of road trip miles and I could see the sensative nature of the steering getting annoying after 800+ miles. Also the interior looked like somthing STRAIGHT out of a base Honda Civic. Now that isn't all that bad but I got a lot of my modding/speed/tuning out of my system with my 2002 WRX. I want somthing I can just drive and enjoy without worrying about too much.

Let me say this if both of these cars had been here 2-3 years ago when I got the WRX I would have HANDS DOWN bought the EVO with all of its tuning potential. That is another thing I am NOT going to heavily modify the STi. That along with the 6spd and drivetrain is what ultimately swayed me over to the STi. My fiance also noticed two 1/4" sized paint drips in the trunk of one of the EVOs sitting on the lot .
    Stock 2004 WRX STi
    Java Black on Silver

Your right, these cars are not daily drivers, they are not the best of interiors, but I say they are better then a Honda Civic, the seats are better then the STI for performance.

You are paying for a proven motor/turbo/handling/AWD system, everything else is **** on the car, trunk space is nice though. HID's are good too.

Something to consider about price; SOA has announced that the STI will be limited production, which will likely keep prices up. Mitsubishi will build as many EVO's as it can sell. Once the initial demand settles down, and it will, so will the prices. Mitsubishi America is not doing terribly well (note all the no-cost financing deals they advertise) and I suspect the dealers will soon be more aggressive in selling them.
    -Ray

There are only 6500 03 Evos being offered for sale.

Originally posted by TSi AWD
    There are only 6500 03 Evos being offered for sale.
    Based on Subaru's first-year sales of the U.S. WRX, Mitsubishi knew that they could sell much more than just 6500. They just wanted to put their product out in the market, then gradually increase availability year after year. Their plans weren't to outsell SOA, they just wanted to offer an alternative.

Dave -

You can get an EVO for 25.5K?!?!?! Sign me up. I'll take a white one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.