Need a little help
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Need a little help within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Mods, If you can leave this here I would really appreciate it. I know it doesn't belong but I think ...

Need a little help

Mods, If you can leave this here I would really appreciate it. I know it doesn't belong but I think this section gets a good amount of traffic. Besides, it may lead to WRX vs DSM stories in the future . If you do move it , can you please PM me and let me know where it is off too

Ok guys, I am hoping you can help me out. I am in search of a 1990-1994 Eagle Talon tsi or a Mitsubish Eclipse gsx. These are the Turbocharged AWD version if there is actually anyone out there that didn't know that. Must be 5 spd. I am not too concerned with the color, just something to drive as a daily driver. I am hoping to spend about $3000, but will maybe change my mind on a case by case basis. I am also hoping to find a car that is completely stock if I can. I modded car more often than not means the car was driven at high levels of performance. I live in CT, but if I have to arrange shipping I will do that too. If any of you can help me, please post here or PM me. So if you are selling one, your friends or family, or you have just seen one around town and can get me some info, let me know. Thanks a ton guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Need a little help

Originally posted by 2001S4
    Mods, If you can leave this here I would really appreciate it. I know it doesn't belong but I think this section gets a good amount of traffic. Besides, it may lead to WRX vs DSM stories in the future . If you do move it , can you please PM me and let me know where it is off too

Ok guys, I am hoping you can help me out. I am in search of a 1990-1994 Eagle Talon tsi or a Mitsubish Eclipse gsx. These are the Turbocharged AWD version if there is actually anyone out there that didn't know that. Must be 5 spd. I am not too concerned with the color, just something to drive as a daily driver. I am hoping to spend about $3000, but will maybe change my mind on a case by case basis. I am also hoping to find a car that is completely stock if I can. I modded car more often than not means the car was driven at high levels of performance. I live in CT, but if I have to arrange shipping I will do that too. If any of you can help me, please post here or PM me. So if you are selling one, your friends or family, or you have just seen one around town and can get me some info, let me know. Thanks a ton guys.
    I believe it was www.dsmtrader.com. Good luck.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Re: Re: Need a little help

Originally posted by renichms
    I believe it was www.dsmtrader.com. Good luck.

RN
    Yeah, I've gone through just about every ad on that site. It's a good site, but most of the cars are modded on there. I would prefer a car that is completely stock or very close to stock. Modded more often than not means driven hard. Perfect scenario would be someone telling me their Grandfather is selling his mint TSI with 35,000 miles for $3000

Re: Re: Re: Need a little help

Yeah, I've gone through just about every ad on that site. It's a good site, but most of the cars are modded on there. I would prefer a car that is completely stock or very close to stock. Modded more often than not means driven hard. Perfect scenario would be someone telling me their Grandfather is selling his mint TSI with 35,000 miles for $3000
    Good luck finding the stock one...

RN

Ike
    I sold my 90 TSI a few years back, kind of wish I still had it. It was stock, but wouldn't be anymore I got it when I was 19 and damn it got me in some trouble.

You cannot really put to much HP in those cars without
    breaking something soon.

A friend of mine as a 300HP(at the crank) eclipse. He breaks his tranny
    and clutch all the time.

Expect to spend more money fixing.

The WRX is tested to handle over 310HP(at the crank) at the clutch and 400HP(at the crank) at the tranny.

Just depends on what you want to spend your money on: Fixing or driving.
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

Originally posted by MengHang
    You cannot really put to much HP in those cars without
    breaking something soon.

A friend of mine as a 300HP(at the crank) eclipse. He breaks his tranny
    and clutch all the time.

Expect to spend more money fixing.

The WRX is tested to handle over 310HP(at the crank) at the clutch and 400HP(at the crank) at the tranny.

Just depends on what you want to spend your money on: Fixing or driving.
    Your friend is most likely the culprit. These cars, when modded properly are very reliable. The problem is the people who drive them tend to be less than nice to them. I could very easily spend about 6 or 7 thousand total, car and mods and have a reliable car in the 11's if I want. No way I can do that with a WRX

Hey man, saw this in the Philly Daliy News today:

"Mitsu Eclipse GSX '99 - AWD turbo 5-spd red/blk lthr, all avail. fact. opts, all records, excel in/out. 70k mi $13,500. 570-874-2156"

Hope it helps.

i know a few dsm owners around my area. they are always repairing/replacing something.
    1 runs in the mid 11's, another in the mid 12's and id say the other guy is high 12's
    i guess it just depends on your driving style and if you get a good one or a bad one.
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

Re: Re: Re: Re: Need a little help

Good luck finding the stock one...

RN
    yeah, expecially for $3K. i've been looking for a junker project car for my brother and i, and this is the preferred choice. aftermarket is great, and cheap.

dR

Originally posted by kushdogg
    Hey man, saw this in the Philly Daliy News today:

"Mitsu Eclipse GSX '99 - AWD turbo 5-spd red/blk lthr, all avail. fact. opts, all records, excel in/out. 70k mi $13,500. 570-874-2156"

Hope it helps.
    Thanks, but I am not looking for something in that price range. I want to find something that is cheap, yet fun. Something I can maybe work with a little. Thanks for posting it though

Thanks, but I am not looking for something in that price range. I want to find something that is cheap, yet fun. Something I can maybe work with a little. Thanks for posting it though
    Late 80s, early 90s BMW (ours sold with rebuilt engine for $7000). Isuzu Stylus (reliable, expect to pay $700 or so and have to mod for power). Porsche 914 (~$3000 for one running). Lots of cars can be fun.

RN

Late 80s, early 90s BMW (ours sold with rebuilt engine for $7000). Isuzu Stylus (reliable, expect to pay $700 or so and have to mod for power). Porsche 914 (~$3000 for one running). Lots of cars can be fun.

RN
    Lots of cars CAN be fun, but I don't want them. Some are very expensive to get parts. Some are just not my style. I definitely want a turbo car. The two I have thought about are an eclipse/talon or a Dodge Stealth RT Turbo. I like the stealth only cause I almost never see a turbo model. I also want AWD. I will be driving it year round and if the next few winters are anything like the last one here in CT, then I will need it.

Too bad you didn't live here in AZ. They are a dime a dozen here in that price range. The TSi that is...
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

Originally posted by THE ONE
    Too bad you didn't live here in AZ. They are a dime a dozen here in that price range. The TSi that is...
    If you find me one and I can talk to the guy and I feel confident that the car is in ok condition, I would pay to have it shipped here. Finding a nice one is rare and I might have to pay to get one here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.