12.8 WRX vs Supercharged 4.6L Mustang?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 12.8 WRX vs Supercharged 4.6L Mustang? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Okay, here's the deal. I was at home today waiting for the HVAC technician's arrival. After he got here, we ...

12.8 WRX vs Supercharged 4.6L Mustang?

Okay, here's the deal. I was at home today waiting for the HVAC technician's arrival. After he got here, we talked a little about the outside central A/C unit and that's when he asked me "so, is that your little blue car in the driveway?". I said yes and he was like "so are those gauges just for show?". I told him no, why would I have gauges "just for show"? He then said, "oh well people ask me if mine are just for show but I've got a SC'r bla bla bla". I then asked him what he had and he replied a 1996 Mustang GT with a centrifugal SC, water injection (instead of an IC), exhaust, fluidyne radiator, etc, etc.

Afterwards, I asked him if he'd be up to run it for fun. He said, "I usually don't give Imports a chance, not that yours is that slow but mine is a SC'd Mustang". I was like "well, I've run some fast cars and have only been beat by maybe two cars, would you still be willing to give it a shot just for fun?". He was like "sure, but I'm putting down 440rwhp". I told him he'd surely take me but I've run against a 360rwhp Camaro SS and we were dead even until I shifted to 4th, so his Mustang should kill me from a roll.

What do you guys think? I think that IF he's truly putting down 440WHP he'll hand me my ass. I'll also see if we can get it on video regardless. That way you can see what a 280+whp WRX looks like compared to a 440whp Mustang.

This may not happen for a week or two. He said that he's got to replace his heater core.
    Last edited by boosted 4; 07-16-2003 at 02:26 PM.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

He is probably going to take you down. But make it harder for him. Make sure you guys go from the dig....hopefully you will have the launch of your life and he will have his worst!

Good Luck!!!

I raced a S/C 4.6 L Mustang the older bodystyle. He got me on the go by about 1/2 car length, but from the stop I had him by about 3 car lengths he was on street tires. He said that he was running mid 13's, which is about the right I guess since the Saleens s281 runs low 13's from what I've seen. His engine wasnt built or anything special so he wasnt really fast for what he had. But 440 rwhp is alot I am guessing the one I raced wasnt that fast at all so you probably wont be able to keep up with that unless you run from a stop on the street with him using street tires, and after about 50-60 he will walk you.
    P.S I dont know anything about the 4.6 L engine but 440 rwhp seems alot for that engine without anything being done to it beside probably fuel manegmant, but who knows.
    Last edited by abbo7; 07-16-2003 at 02:44 PM.
    Sold: 2002 WRX
    w/VS0 best of 13.5 at 97.5

New: 2003 Silverado

I think he probably will take you... but thats all well and good... run from a dig and you can give him a run for his... fun.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Yeah, he said that he's never been to a track in his car but THINKS that it would turn a low 11 or even a high 10. But if he's never been to a track how would he know? He also said that he's running stock internals, stock fuel system except for upgraded walbro pump, 12 psi boost and not using N2O. My feelings are that he's over estimating his ride but we'll see.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Those 4.6s are dogs in 96.. if he is running the stock heads.. I will actually think you have a good chance... cause I decimated the hell out of a stock one (minus exhaust and intake) with nothing more than an axleback... SLOW! Heads make all the difference in the world on those cars... as much so as a blower
    STIwish
    -------------------
    RIP

LOL, high 10's on a stock 4.6L engine without any internals being touched, he is really over estimating his ride. A 03 Cobra with there fully built engine and S/C with all mods struggle to get that low even though they can. His car might run low 12's at BEST! Plus, for a Mustang to get high 10's he needs probably swomewhere in the 500-600 rwhp range. And the stock injectors cant handle 440 rwhp, is my guess.
    Last edited by abbo7; 07-16-2003 at 03:00 PM.
    Sold: 2002 WRX
    w/VS0 best of 13.5 at 97.5

New: 2003 Silverado

i think he's in for a big surprise. let us know how it goes.

get it on film if you can. but not from your car, an extra body will have a worse effect on you than him.

dR

having owned a 95 gt with a paxton sc' before i also agree, unless he has other things he is not mentioning then he is overestimating his ride. i had an exhaust and a the sc and my best time ever was a low 13. if i would have had slicks then i know i couldve broken the 12sec mark. but judging by my experiance i think you have a great shot even from a roll.
    2002 Silver WRX with:

TurboXS MBC @ 15.5, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy Shift Bushings, Godspeed Uppipe, Custom 3" Turboback Exhaust with 4" Bellmouth and Flowmaster Muffler, Eibach Springs, Diablo C9 18" Rims, Wings West body Kit and Wing

I just looked at your mods.. you got this!!!
    STIwish
    -------------------
    RIP

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....I have to laugh at the part were he said he has to replace his Heater Core.....I have had severeal Mustangs and so have my friends....I think we have replaced the heater cores in every single Mustang I have owned or my theres severeal times.....And as for his 4.6 V8 ...nothing more than a civic with every bolt on possiable....dont get me wrong I am not trying to bash the Stang I like some models and years...but not the 96 4.6....Once they got away from the 93 5.0 it was all down hill.

You got him...he will be one more notch on the woop ass belt....

Originally posted by dark_rex
    i think he's in for a big surprise. let us know how it goes.

get it on film if you can. but not from your car, an extra body will have a worse effect on you than him.

dR
    Just have a really fat guy film from his car and suggest that you do it on a dirt road.

I would definitely run him from a dig, if I were you. You need to use your AWD advantage. Remember, anything can happen in a race. IF he has 440whp and IF he has a good launch, then I think he'll take you. I hope you make him eat his words though!!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

hey I personally think this can be a very close race with a slight advantage towards the mustang

I have lots of experience with this in the fact that my friend has the same exact stang, year and almost same mods

his car with the blower and ecm tuning put out 325rwhp and like 350ish torque
    this also includes exhaust and his car is an automatic

his car ran 12.8@106mph dont remember the 60' but it was on street tires

now the reason I say that this mustang might put up a better fight is for the fact that (Im assuming and shouldnt do that) that this car is stick shift, also I my friend doesnt have the water injection, however I do not think this guy is gonna pick up over 110rwhp from that injection, maybe with race gas and a different pulley, but lets be serious if you went to a dyno and did everything you could to get the best power(i.e. race gas and timing and tuning) and someone asked you what you put out, you would say what the race gas output was.
    I am willing to bet this guy doesnt have more then 360ish at the wheels, on pump. Why not run to the paint store and make a mixture for your gas tank and turn the boost up, youll take him. heres my e-mail if you want to know how to make the octane mixture for your car Cleaner07@aol.com
    I used to do it all the time for my GN but dont need that now since Ive upgraded alot

Carl
    1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    440rwhp is unattainable unless he SERIOUSLY knows what he's doing. I have a supercharged 2000 GT (which was a hell of a lot faster stock than the 96-98 models) and with bolt ons and the blower, on my last dyno, I made 341 at the wheels.

Race this guy, cause I really dont think he knows his ass from his head, and I think you could give him a good run from a dig.
    2003 SRT-4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.