12.8 WRX vs Supercharged 4.6L Mustang? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on 12.8 WRX vs Supercharged 4.6L Mustang? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by dark_rex my problem was with you making rash generalizations w/o any support. thanks for confounding my concerns. ...

Re: Re: boosted 4

Originally posted by dark_rex
    my problem was with you making rash generalizations w/o any support. thanks for confounding my concerns. instead of coming to a board and making a slew of assumptions, why don't you hang around and see what we're really about? we gave you the benefit of the doubt. the average age on the board is over 35 FYI, and as i said in the previous post, this is typically NOT the first car many of us have owned. many of us come from other online communities such as DSMtalk, hondatech, thecorral, ETC. just b/c the car is new, doesn't mean the drivers are. that's a really bad assumption.

please read more carefully. here is a direct quote of what i said.

not sure where you got that one...

first off, i never said i was an authority but to answer your question... my car's never been dyno'd but i'm just above 200 at the wheels based on dyno pulls of cars with the same mods (diff cat back) i 'm running full exhaust w/ one cat, and an EBC w/ various settings. homebrew octane booster is typically done with toulene, which can be picked up at any hardware store in various sizes. many of our CA residents use it to bump their 91 to around 96. run a search, the mixing instructions are located in the performance forum. i do know how to make an adjustable w/g, but it's typically not feasible w/ and internal design like ours. if you're running a tial, there are a few ways to do it the most popular by welding a nut into the wastegate under the spring, then screwing a bolt throug the top of the w/g. you can adjust the bolt manually like an MBC to change the w/g spring pressure.

good enough for you? is this quiz time? how did i do?

LOL. nice try. the only words in your mouth are your own. i didn't mis quote you. maybe you should read your own posts a little better as well as the others. if you notice, you addressed boozted, but never addressed anything in his post. same story there as well.

don't be sorry for trying to help. be sorry for making assumptions about a club you just walked in to, and the people that make it up.

leave what you think at the door, and come in with what you know. welcome to the club.

dR

I apologize and your right
    thank you for the welcoming

Carl
    1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cleaner13, don't mind him. You brought thoughtful, insightful comments to this thread. I did not see any generalizations in any of your remarks. All I saw was input and suggestions. Welcome and you'll probably notice over time that this certain individual will jump down others throats as well. Most of the community isn't like that. But some are

hey thanks alot dude

no some of it was my fault
    but you are right i didnt say anything to disrespect you guys

hey Im assuming by your name that you have a 2001 S4
    care to give me some specs on it? those cars are very interesting
    and my friend just sold his blown 2001 stang (12.00s) and hes thinking about a used S4

thanks alot dude

Carl
    1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234