My Stang vs stage 4 wrx with front mount..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on My Stang vs stage 4 wrx with front mount.. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, it finally happened, I finally got to race a wrx that had some nice mods to it... his mods ...

My Stang vs stage 4 wrx with front mount..

Well, it finally happened, I finally got to race a wrx that had some nice mods to it... his mods : stage 4 with front mount and a 50 shot.... He wanted to go from a roll... we rolled to 25, he honked 3 times and wham we are off.. I only got to see his car for a matter of about 5 seconds, then in my rearview until i was 6+ cars ahead and figured id save him the humiliation and slow down

Rob
    Automatic WRX Test Dummy/Pioneer. 11 Second Auto Club.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What are you driving? Must be a beast to put 6 lengths on a Stage 4 with FMIC and nitrous!

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by EMarkDDS
    What are you driving? Must be a beast to put 6 lengths on a Stage 4 with FMIC and nitrous!
    2003 SRT-4

his engine pushes more than 2 liter or air.
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

what year gt and mod is done to beat a wrx stage 4 fmic and 50 shot nos.....

Originally posted by aekwrx
    what year gt and mod is done to beat a wrx stage 4 fmic and 50 shot nos.....
    I know of about 10 people just in my area who have stangs with under $10k invested who run 10s and 11s.

Its simple

Take a 87-92 notchback stang
    Heads/cam/intake/exhaust/gears
    suspension mods/slicks/draglites
    lots of nitrous

Its a proven combo.
    2003 SRT-4

Re: My Stang vs stage 4 wrx with front mount..

Originally posted by RobPA
    Well, it finally happened, I finally got to race a wrx that had some nice mods to it... his mods : stage 4 with front mount and a 50 shot.... He wanted to go from a roll... we rolled to 25, he honked 3 times and wham we are off.. I only got to see his car for a matter of about 5 seconds, then in my rearview until i was 6+ cars ahead and figured id save him the humiliation and slow down

Rob
    Why'd he want to go from a roll? His only chance would have been to hope you blew your launch a little or something. On the street WRX's have an advantage even over faster cars in that they can get killer launches on and off the track. I've beat a mustang notchback that was trapping high teens in the 1/4 (I was only trapping 107 or so) on the street because I got a killer start and he spun even though he was wearing dr's. Even with his 100 shot he was unable to catch me by the end of the 1/4, although he passed me shortly thereafter like I was standing still. From a roll he would have murdered me. Good kill, but the driver of the WRX wasn't really playing to the strengths of his car.
    2003 Black sedan
    TurboXS UTEC Stage 4 FMIC
    STi 6-Speed with R180 rear end
    APS SR50 turbo, UR 785cc Injectors, Perrin Fuel Rails
    12.5 @ 109
    *7/22/04 - Now with 2.5 Sti engine, still in break in so no times*

Definately should have gone from a dead stop. A stage 4 WRX with a shot of NOS should trap around 112 - 115mph in the 1/4 mile. Anything that traps higher than that should be able to beat him.

But from a dead stop he should be way out front off the line and then its up to the other car to play catch up.

I've beaten Z06 Vettes, Vipers, you name it, on the street racing from a dead stop. This was in a car that ran a very best of 12.7 @ 108mph in the 1/4 mile.These same cars would have killed me raciing from a roll.

nice kill Rob. that think got a solid rear end yet? that's when the real fun begins w/ those notchbacks. whole new world in hole shots.

dR

i'm going to have to raise the bs flag until this guy comes out and tells us what he has

not implying that you can't beat a stage 4 w/nos, btw, what stage 4, txs? godspeed? no doubt a stang can take a heavily modded wrx.......just wanted to know what u got
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

I hook VERY well on the street. I drive the car around on hoosiers (hell im used to nitrous launches in my rex!!)

I have a 89 Notchback with a 306 pushing an S trim and some more goodies. . Full moser spool rear with 33 spline axles and c-clip elims, heads exhaust cams welded subframe, to much other stuff to list hehe..

Rob
    Last edited by RobPA; 07-16-2003 at 10:11 PM.

I have a 89 Notchback with a 306 pushing an S trim and some more goodies. . Full moser spool rear with 33 spline axles and c-clip elims, heads exhaust cams welded subframe,
    Was that English?? The more I get into this, the more I realize that I have MUCh to learn.

Have you ever run this on a dyno?

I hook VERY well on the street. I drive the car around on hoosiers (hell im used to nitrous launches in my rex!!)

I have a 89 Notchback with a 306 pushing an S trim and some more goodies. . Full moser spool rear with 33 spline axles and c-clip elims, heads exhaust cams welded subframe, to much other stuff to list hehe..

Rob
    Thats a stout combo...I'd think it would be good for very low 11s if you hook up!

Do you post anywhere else on the net? Corral, mustangworks, mustangworld, stangnet, etc etc? If so, I go by StoplightWarrior on them.
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by EMarkDDS
    Was that English?? The more I get into this, the more I realize that I have MUCh to learn.

Have you ever run this on a dyno?
    All you need to know is that he said he has a supercharger....
    2003 Sedona Red WRX SOLD THIS WEEK
    Soon getting S10 ZR2 4x4

Originally posted by RaccoonRacing
    Thats a stout combo...I'd think it would be good for very low 11s if you hook up!

Do you post anywhere else on the net? Corral, mustangworks, mustangworld, stangnet, etc etc? If so, I go by StoplightWarrior on them.

Just getting into stangs And your numbers are way high, im pushing over 515 to the wheels

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast