WRX and my GS-R
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX and my GS-R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Okay, this is the first post I've written in wrx vs the world, albeit because I dont have a wrx ...

WRX and my GS-R

Okay, this is the first post I've written in wrx vs the world, albeit because I dont have a wrx and because up until now had never raced with one. Anyways I'll do my best. This just happened about 45 minutes ago and I figured while it's still fresh in my head Id post.
    On mcknight rd outside of pittsburgh I was cruising along when some bmw 3 series w/ some punk kids came out and almost stopped in the middle of my lane so I swerved around and angrily revved my engine(I know like that's gonna do anything). Well much to my dismay a bug eyes wrb wrx is about to turn onto the road at the light ahead. I think to myself I really hope he doesnt think I was revving at him, because I know he'd hand it to me. A few lights up and I see bugeyes right on my bumper so I think what the heck its all in fun. We get through a few lights flooring it some, but traffic was all around us. Finally it opened up ahead and we both gunned it with I believe the wrx jumping a little ( mind you no awd launch) and I was in pursuit up a hill with absolutely no traffic. We took it up to a little over the century mark til right before the crest of the hill with neither of us seeming to gain much ground.(Mind you I'm a steady few car lengths back...so dont think that I'm up next to him). I then roll next to him at the bottom of the hill and we punch it again with him leading off a bit but then when we ran into traffic up ahead. He then exited and I waved and beeped and he beeped in return. Not a crazy good race, but it was a fun time against a car that I wish I had. I cant even imagine how horrible it would've been if he was able to launch at any point . Regardless, wrx's will always get my love and respect!
    99 Cutlass - gone
    01 Integra GS-R bolt-ons - gone
    04 WRX stage 2+ - gone
    06 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6 spd - gone
    08 Mercedes E350 4matic Sport - lease turned in
    10 Mazdaspeed 3 SRI/Test Pipe - Current

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what type of I/H/E do u have on ur GSR?
    i have one also.

the WRX must of been an auto.
    Last edited by stickman; 07-16-2003 at 04:06 PM.
    2002 WRX silver
    -281HP/258TQ @ 16 psi

my brother's in the process of tuning his G2 teg. not a gsr but still a good bit of fun.

got any pics?

dR

stickman- I have an aem c.a.i., dc sports headers, and a magnaflow s/s catback. Do you have anything done to yours?
    It might have been an auto, im not sure. Like I said he didnt get to launch and I wasn't hangin right with him, but it also wasn't like he destroyed me either.

dark_rex- That's cool your brothers tuning his g2 teg. They have a lot of potential, not necessarily in the power dept.(unless turbo, sc or all motor) but you can make them fierce handlers with some shocks/springs/sway and strut bars. What's he plan on doing to his? As for pics, I'll do my best to figure out how to upload some here in a little while.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails frontdriver.jpg  
    99 Cutlass - gone
    04 WRX stage 2+ - gone

here are a few more pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails frontend.jpg  
    99 Cutlass - gone
    04 WRX stage 2+ - gone

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rimspass.jpg  
    99 Cutlass - gone
    04 WRX stage 2+ - gone

he's running adjustable KYB's and H&R springs. he's also on new wheels (forget the manu) with the kumho 712's. he's running an intake as well.

next is swaybars, headers and exhaust. then, if i can convince him, compression test and a 50shot with some fuel management.

nice looking ride. what forum do you call home? he's a bit disenchanted w/ a lot of the teg forums (G2IC in particular)

dR

last one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails neuspeed.jpg  
    99 Cutlass - gone
    04 WRX stage 2+ - gone

Thanks

That sounds like a pretty good plan. wow, a 50 shot...nice. That will help it out! I plan on going with kyb agx and eibach prokit when the funds are available, but no shot for me (atleast not yet )

As for forums I call home, I'd have to say there's not really one that I post on often. I browse the temple of vtec and itrca, but I havent really found anything as friendly, entertaining, and informative as this site. Even though I dont have a wrx ( I want one but thats besides the point) it seems like everyone is really open to who posts here. Plus you guys all seem to know your stuff and are probably the forum with the least amount of flames. So basically when I graduate I'll be full of knowledge that will help me out when I finally am able to buy my own wrx!
    99 Cutlass - gone
    04 WRX stage 2+ - gone

we get lots of import tuners that don't own a rex but want one. many of them do exactly what you do. soak up all the knowledge first, then they're prepared when the car arrives to do the job right.

couple of "waiters" just got their rex. trailboss has been waiting for 18 months, and he's driving a tight little '04 now.

just make sure you hang on to that GSR. great car, and a true specially auto.

as for other forums... yeah, i've found this place to be the most receptive to n00bs, most laid back (no flame wars) and the most level headed mods (besides me, i'm a bull in a china shop)

dR

nice race! nice car to! i had a eg with a b18c1 swap in it before the wrx.

Originally posted by jdillen
    stickman- I have an aem c.a.i., dc sports headers, and a magnaflow s/s catback. Do you have anything done to yours?
    It might have been an auto, im not sure.
    yes i do: 94 GSR w/ 116k miles
    ITR springs
    ITR rear sway bar
    ITR catback
    ITR cams
    ITR JDM 4-1 headers
    Skunk2 mani
    Apexi V-AFC
    AEM cam gears
    AEM fuel pressure regu
    AEM pulleys
    B&M Fp gauge
    ACT clutch
    JUN flywheel
    KYB AGX's
    Spoon front strut bar
    carsound hiflow cat

did have AEM CAI but took it off. now im back to stock airbox.
    and some other stuff here and there but nowhere as fast as my WRX.
    2002 WRX silver
    -281HP/258TQ @ 16 psi

Nice GSR JDillen...not overdone at all on the exterior...very sleek! Silver looks great with the clear corners and Type R badge.

I currently have a 96 GSR that will sit in my garage after I get my WRX (hopefully this weekend!) until I can sell it. It needs some body work and a new paint job, so I might just sell it as a project car to someone who wants to pimp it out. Although I'll miss the 'Teg...*sniff*
    -----------------
    Jennifer - www.stinkykitty.com
    '04 Blue WRX Sedan - THE BLUE MEANIE! Grrrrrrrr, baby, grrrrrr!
    Cobb Stage 1. Fear me, pretty bunnies!

Thanks for all the compliments and responses.

stickman-Those are some pretty darn good mods you've got on your teg. Ever take it to the track?I'm thinking about going up to keystone here in pitts., but I'm a little nervous as I have never raced at the strip nor have I ever really launched my car.

I'm pleasantly surprised at all the current and former integra owners here. It makes me feel just a bit more comfortable about being a part of this site. I look forward to posting more often and gaining more knowledge about the wrx (and maybe some teg info. from you former/current owners)
    99 Cutlass - gone
    04 WRX stage 2+ - gone

Ike
    Welcome to the site JDillen. I must say after posting on some other car sites this is by far the best I've seen as far as having great members and a homey feel. The Honda/Acura boards I've been to get downright nasty. My friends mom had a GSR we used to tool around in, fun car, and loved the VTEC.

Ike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast