S4
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on S4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've raced an S4 on the freeway. 2 times as soon as i "broke in" the car. I had about ...

S4

I've raced an S4 on the freeway. 2 times as soon as i "broke in" the car. I had about 1200 miles with no mods except the Volk TE-37s. I kept up with one til near the end of fourth gear and from then on it just passed me like nothing. Did the same thing another day on the freeway. Now that I got my boost controller, uppipe, shortshifter, and exhaust, I am really anticipating another run with one of those. I know that the S4 is quite fast but am Extremely confident about taking one out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Go Team Go!

I love to read this stuff... Gives me pride in driving my WRX!

hehe Diesel i agree. i love logging on in the morning only to view like 2 new kill storys! ITS SUPER!

Guess what guys.. I raced one just today. A blue wagon. I raced it off the start and on the freeway. Lets just say that i really toyed with him. He could never pull on me. I made sure that it was a stick. When i raced him off the start, I pulled up at the next light and asked him if it was an automatic transmission. He told me that it was a six speed and also said that my car is really quick. He took off earlier when we were on the freeway so I thought that I was gonna get screwed for sure but to my surprise, I caught up to him and pulled on him. The both times I was racing him, I really can't explain what I was feeling. Both excitement and anxiety I guess. I thought that the S4 was so quick. Boy was I wrong. That used to be my favorite all around car. I used to drive a 2 door and found it extremely inconvient. I personally like the 4 door and how spacious my WRX is. But I alwasy thought that the S4 was an elegant version of the WRX and wanted one.

I thought that the S4 was so quick. Boy was I wrong. [/B]
    Um, no!!! You are basically saying that all stock WRX's are slow too.

who cares.. i like the A4.. WRX... AND the Lex 300.

I sat in all of them at the car show.. i loved all of em..

Originally posted by TeamTitanWRX
    Guess what guys.. I raced one just today. A blue wagon. I raced it off the start and on the freeway. Lets just say that i really toyed with him. He could never pull on me. I made sure that it was a stick. When i raced him off the start, I pulled up at the next light and asked him if it was an automatic transmission. He told me that it was a six speed and also said that my car is really quick. He took off earlier when we were on the freeway so I thought that I was gonna get screwed for sure but to my surprise, I caught up to him and pulled on him. The both times I was racing him, I really can't explain what I was feeling. Both excitement and anxiety I guess. I thought that the S4 was so quick. Boy was I wrong. That used to be my favorite all around car. I used to drive a 2 door and found it extremely inconvient. I personally like the 4 door and how spacious my WRX is. But I alwasy thought that the S4 was an elegant version of the WRX and wanted one.
    S4 is quick, don't let one driver fool you. He probably can't drive worth a damn. Overall, S4 is about the same as wrx from 1/4 mile. But it will pull on us on the top end.

Our WRX which is the slowest WRX version available worldwide did quite well against other fast cars. The STI WRX is much faster and the new WRX STI prodrive RA type C is really fast (The EVO VII type C is even faster ).

I am happy to get this kinda performance for under 30K. Keep up the good work and keep them' kill stories coming this way
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

Originally posted by WRXrumble
    Our WRX which is the slowest WRX version available worldwide did quite well against other fast cars. The STI WRX is much faster and the new WRX STI prodrive RA type C is really fast (The EVO VII type C is even faster ).

I am happy to get this kinda performance for under 30K. Keep up the good work and keep them' kill stories coming this way
    It's interesting to hear you claim that the US-spec WRX is the slowest worldwide. Both the AUS and UK spec WRX produce less power, so your statement seems a little inconsistent. Certainly our WRX is slower than the STi, but this is not exactly comparing apples...

-Pace

http://videos.dubspeedracing.com/zerin/wrx_vs_s4.mpg

check out this guys S4 hes from Tx. Zerin from dubspeedracing takes on a WRX at stoplight
    twin K04 equipped Audi S4...

What mods are done to the cars? The S4 sounds like it definately has an exhaust.

Later

I am not sure what mods Zerin has on his car, but it is pretty heavily modded. It is a very fast car. You may find videos of it on the net, he has posted quite a bunch. I believe he has a site with videos posted, I will try to find it but I am not sure what it is at this time. His car is Imola Yellow in case you come across some vids.

Badass video.

It doesn't really prove anything, but it's cool none-the-less.

Maybe God could meet up with Zerin some day and show his Yellow kraut-burner what a worked WRX is capable of.

-Jim

Originally posted by BoostedK04S4
    http://videos.dubspeedracing.com/zerin/wrx_vs_s4.mpg

check out this guys S4 hes from Tx. Zerin from dubspeedracing takes on a WRX at stoplight

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    Yellow kraut-burner
    Huh?

S4's are cool...I just don't like some of the cocky arse owners that drive them. I assumed that people who could afford a $40K+ car would be able to make valid points on the wrx vs. s4 debate, but from my experiences, that definately isn't the case. They have this natural propensity to just put down EVERY SINGLE CAR that dares to equal or exceed the performance/handling of their audi. DUH! A modded s4 is going to kick the arse of a stock wrx. Stock s4 vs. stock wrx would be a close race with the s4 pulling away at higher speeds (~>100mph??); however, like Jim (Platwrx) said, I'd like to see that modded s4 in the video race against g-d's wagon. I'm pretty confident that g-d's wagon call pull 11's if driven right and that's with no internal mods and basically just bolt on performance parts!

Are s4 owners aware that not all wrx's are going to stay bone stock? A simple homemade $10 (or $4...depending on which option(s) the individual goes with) mbc set to 16psi can put the wrx into 13's. (search on i-club...).

I raced a mtm stage 1 (+some raspy sounding exhaust...yes, with 6M) s4 awhile ago and beat him by ~1 car length. That was from a roll to ~110. Only thing I had back then was a tb back exhaust and pulleys. Now that I have the txs unichip stage2 w/joep mbc and uppipe, I'm sure the results would be better (for me ). My best time on the track with this setup yielded a 13.406@100.42 with the best trap that night being a 101.30. 1/2tank, 1.1bar, full int, and my first time driving a manual on the track. I'm still planning on a turbo upgrade (pe1820, vf34, vf23, vf30, ts hybrid, etc...etc...still haven't decided), fuel upgrades, fmic, etc...etc...

My point is s4 is a cool car and I'd LOVE to have one, but it's not necessarily faster than the wrx...especially given the $$$
    difference(s) needed to first buy the s4 and second to mod it.

I guess I'm just venting cause I'm so sick of seeing all these "other" forums bashing the wrx.

JUST MY OPINIONS!!

-James-

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast