S4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on S4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; yo, i'm w/ james on all of what he said. and, no, i am not putting out fighting words- i ...

yo,
    i'm w/ james on all of what he said. and, no, i am not putting out fighting words-

i just would very much opt for mutual respect between S4s and WRXs. i love the S4, but i also love my WRX... both are very respectable cars, and very comparable in many regards (minus the price).

marcus
    www.realultimatepower.net

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    how big is the aftermarket for the s4? cause if im not mistaken, it seems like the wrx has a much much bigger (and growing) fan base than the s4. so when aftermarket shops keep pumping out new mods and stage kits for the wrx, the s4 will still be where it was a year ago, am i right? plus their parts are more expensive....

There are a FEW S4 owners that are a$$es. I definitely agree with that. But understand that most S4 owners not only respect the WRX, but generally like it too. I have a ball in my friends WRX. We are both stock. There is a large enough aftermarket to make an S4 seriously fast. I am not sure of Zerin's car, as I do not know him personally. There are S4's that are in the low 12's. I am not sure if any haven't beaten the 11 second berrier or not. I really don't pay that much attention to it. I read a lot of posts where some of you guys say you hate all or most S4 owners and that they think they are gods. This is untrue for almost all S4 owners. There have been a few trolls here who have stirred up emotions and deserve the brand that has been placed on them. However, a lot of us are here simply as car fanatics and love the fact that there is a car that is so comparable in performance. I really don't care about the price difference. I got the car I liked the most cause it suited me perfectly. I am pretty confident that if I had chosen to go with a WRX, I would be equally as happy, I just wanted to spoil myself with some of the more luxurious appointments. So in conclusion, don't hate us all simply because of a few morons. I am here to discuss what I love. CARS!!!

Sorry if it sounded like a generalization that ALL s4/audi owners are d!ck's. I totally didn't mean it in that aspect. (I have good friends that own audi's and the guy I raced actually gave me compliments on how fast my rex was). Like 2001s4 said, every board has it's share of jackarse's and it's them that ruin the "experience" of the members/guests. I was just a little hot headed from reading a few threads putting down the rex. That's what I love about clubwrx...everyone here is really knowledgble and respectful of everyone.

Best regards,
    -James-

I Support ClubWRX

AudiWorld

Originally posted by Penguinking
    how big is the aftermarket for the s4? cause if im not mistaken, it seems like the wrx has a much much bigger (and growing) fan base than the s4. so when aftermarket shops keep pumping out new mods and stage kits for the wrx, the s4 will still be where it was a year ago, am i right? plus their parts are more expensive....
    Go take a look at AudiWorld www.audiworld.com for a feel for the Audi online community. My list of Audi aftermarket dealerrs, clubs, sites, etc, is quite a bit longer than my WRX list. Chipping seems to do more, too (at least on the non "S" model cars.) Our 2.8q chipped only adds 15 hp, but the same chip in the 2.7 biturbo turns the 250 HP into 300 without any other changes.

You can tell that there is still a lot of potential left in the S4, as there was a non-US model out last year called the RS4, that using the same engine, generated 385 HP from the factory! This fall, the 4.2 V8 in the A6 (rated at 300 HP) gets the biturbo and gets bumped to 450 HP 425 ft/lbs torque as the RS6. Only down side is the "starting at $70,000" part.

Steve

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

The other down side to the RS line is that they are still only available in the Avant (wagon). Now I say this not being entirely sure about the RS6, but if memory serves correctly, it will only be a wagon as well. There is nothing wrong with wagons, I happen to like them, I just feel they should offer it in both to give the buyers the option.

Originally posted by AmSFighter
    Sorry if it sounded like a generalization that ALL s4/audi owners are d!ck's. I totally didn't mean it in that aspect. (I have good friends that own audi's and the guy I raced actually gave me compliments on how fast my rex was). Like 2001s4 said, every board has it's share of jackarse's and it's them that ruin the "experience" of the members/guests. I was just a little hot headed from reading a few threads putting down the rex. That's what I love about clubwrx...everyone here is really knowledgble and respectful of everyone.

Best regards,
    -James-
    James,
    Don't sweat it, my post was not directed entirely to you. I have seen a lot of negative posts towards all S4 owners and I was really addressing the whole forum, not just you. I fully understand that in the heat of the moment, people say things they don't entirely mean. Sometimes it is just too hard to take that moment to cool off. Thanks for your understanding.

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    my god what an awesome car!!!!

oh well, even if there is more aftermarket for the s4 or audis in general, i see waaayyy more wrxs on the road than i do s4s.

Cool, so there will be a sedan.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yea, what he said! That's just like ours, except ours has smaller wheels, no fender flairs, two less cylinders, no turbo, no aluminum hood and fenders, and 250 less horsepower. Oh, and ours costs $35,000 less, too.

But other than that, they are the same.

Yes, this time the RS6 will come in Avant and sedan. Even more important, is it will come here, which the RS4 did not do.
    Steve

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

Audi's body styling engineers should take the Subaru boys out for beers and a friendly chat..

I believe the RS4 has the twin K04 setup and i agree with u guys that a lot of S4 owners are asses, i personally like the wrx. I believe that the owner of Seattle international raceway (SIR) was importing an RS4 (tuned by porsche) not sure if it ever turned out but i saw the quote to get it imported and much$$$. Zerins S4 is also a biturbo tiptronic 5spd. not manual 6 spd, with APR mods.

www.Goapr.com
    twin K04 equipped Audi S4...

Most of the people I see in S4's are actually pretty nice when we cross paths. Maybe I'm the exception to the rule. I have mutual respect for the WRX and the S4, and there should be. I like all kinds of cars, domestic or import.

Later,

Dale

Audi makes some gorgeous cars but they are WAY WAY WAY overpriced compared to the WRX. I guess if all you wanted was the logo (like I stupidly did with my ACURA... ooooo, bow down before the almighty Acura logo), then it might be worth the money. Most of us don't like paying $10,000 for 4 rings on the grill. Seriously, what does the S4 have that a very slightly modded WRX doesn't?
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

Originally posted by RSXSucks
    Audi makes some gorgeous cars but they are WAY WAY WAY overpriced compared to the WRX. I guess if all you wanted was the logo (like I stupidly did with my ACURA... ooooo, bow down before the almighty Acura logo), then it might be worth the money. Most of us don't like paying $10,000 for 4 rings on the grill. Seriously, what does the S4 have that a very slightly modded WRX doesn't?
    You may not care for the extra luxury and overall solid feel, and that is fine. Some of us that did go with an S4 enjoy these. I also LOVE the look of the S4. Over and over again, people try to point to the price, why do so many people care what I spent? I am happy with my choice, I love my car, and I don't think there are many cars out there that I would choose over it. I DID not spend my money because of a logo. I am really sorry if you did do that. I bought the car that I wanted. As I said, I am happy with my choice.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast