WRX vs Modified 330

This is a discussion on WRX vs Modified 330 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; On the way home from work tonight I saw a nice looking graphite 330 series bimmer get on the highway ...

WRX vs Modified 330

On the way home from work tonight I saw a nice looking graphite 330 series bimmer get on the highway rather "briskly" ahead of me. I could tell he had some sort of exhaust and various stickers. The only one I could make out was "Eurospeed." Traffic was somewhat heavy so I kind of lurked behind him for ahwile until the left lane cleared. When it did, I came in beside him and gave him a little rev to let him know I was there. He quickly fell in beside me as we cruised in the left lane behind some traffic.

After awhile the traffic cleared and there was no-one in front of me in the left lane. I threw it in third and he proceeded to try and follow as I put a couple buslengths on him. I shut down at 120 or so and got in the right lane. He eventually came up to my left and I gave him a thumbs up. He kinda threw his arms up like "WTF just happened?"

This time I let him have a pretty good jump as he nailed it. I waited for him to get several car lengths before I downshifted. Same story as before, with me passing him up at the top of 4th

Although it wasnt fast, I love 3 series' and almost got one instead of the WRX. Hell, even now I sometimes think about getting one and not messing around with modifying my car. Then the addiction gets to me and I think better of it.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A BMW drive that isn't a jerk, thats always refreshing.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

nice race. i agree with you i think the 3 series are possibly my favorite looking cars on the road in stock form. they are wonderful machines.

oh BTW i think i would buy a plane ticket to NC if you would take me for a ride in your car !!!! 353awhp that is basically the exact setup i want some day......may i ask what injectors you are running?
    2002 Silver WRX with:

TurboXS MBC @ 15.5, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy Shift Bushings, Godspeed Uppipe, Custom 3" Turboback Exhaust with 4" Bellmouth and Flowmaster Muffler, Eibach Springs, Diablo C9 18" Rims, Wings West body Kit and Wing

Thanks man. Sti's injectors for now. My IDC's are in the low 90's in the upper rpm's.

btw, I live right by RDU airport if you want to fly in sometime.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

Originally posted by droogie
    A BMW drive that isn't a jerk, thats always refreshing.
    Hey! I used to have a BMW....oh wait...you're right, I AM a jerk

Originally posted by silverscooby
    Thanks man. Sti's injectors for now. My IDC's are in the low 90's in the upper rpm's.

btw, I live right by RDU airport if you want to fly in sometime.
    so you were able to squeeze 353hp out of the sti's? was that on race fuel? if so what kinda whp are you getting for day to day driving? I have been considering the Ultimate Racing 600cc injectors so i guess if you are getting that type of performance out of the sti's then the UR's should be great.
    2002 Silver WRX with:

TurboXS MBC @ 15.5, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy Shift Bushings, Godspeed Uppipe, Custom 3" Turboback Exhaust with 4" Bellmouth and Flowmaster Muffler, Eibach Springs, Diablo C9 18" Rims, Wings West body Kit and Wing

Re: WRX vs Modified 330

[i]
    This time I let him have a pretty good jump as he nailed it. I waited for him to get several car lengths before I downshifted. Same story as before, with me passing him up at the top of 4th
    [/B]
    youre so mean lol

so you were able to squeeze 353hp out of the sti's? was that on race fuel? if so what kinda whp are you getting for day to day driving? I have been considering the Ultimate Racing 600cc injectors so i guess if you are getting that type of performance out of the sti's then the UR's should be great
    353 on the STi's was on 112 octane. A nice safe tune on 93 octane yielded 300whp. We didnt see the need to push the IDC's any higher on pump fuel. To get 350whp on pump fuel I'm pretty sure you'll need at least 600's. You have ot run these cars pig rich compared to other engines to eliminate detonation.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

thanks for the feedback. it is always nice when you can hear abotu real world performance.
    2002 Silver WRX with:

I too almost got a 3-series over the Subaru.. they are awesome looking and great performing cars... and COMFY AS HELL... with MUCH better cup holders (my main complaint about my Rex)... but damn.. I love my Rex
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP