WRX (easy launch) vs RSX - is this right? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX (easy launch) vs RSX - is this right? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yeah, I suppose a 2000rpm take-off isn't much of a "launch" in a WRX, but I find it's still enough ...

Yeah, I suppose a 2000rpm take-off isn't much of a "launch" in a WRX, but I find it's still enough to leave 90% of traffic way behind. In fact, I almost find it difficult sometimes not to rear-end people ahead of me who take off SOOOOO slowly when the lights turn green - my car just wants to go! Get the heck outa my way if you're gonna take half a minute to get up to the speed limit!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Unfortunately, RSX Type-S has better top-end power so it will slowly pull on WRX over 100mph+. Everyone knows that stock WRX has no top-end power.... also, your story is hard to believe that you put over 2 car lengths by end of 1st gear......

Last edited by WRXreX; 07-16-2003 at 07:38 PM.

Originally posted by WRXreX
    Unfortunately, RSX Type-S has better top-end power so it will slowly pull on WRX over 100mph+. Everyone knows that stock WRX has no top-end power.... also, your story is hard to believe that you put over 2 car lengths by end of 1st gear......

If you're talking about my story, it was a base RSX, not a Type-S, and with my WRX having 260hp/260ft-lb vs the RSX with 160hp/141ft-lb, I'm not at all surprised I pulled 2 car lengths in 1st gear. The 0-30 time for a stock WRX is under 2 seconds, while the RSX is over 3 seconds (and my car pulls much harder in 1st gear than it did when it was stock). So, despite my soft launch, I've probably still got an almost 1 second advantage to 30 over the RSX. I think that's plenty of time to pull 2 car lengths. At 30 mph, you're travelling 44 feet every second - that's over 3 car lengths.

Or maybe it was just my mad driving skillz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.