WRX (easy launch) vs RSX - is this right? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX (easy launch) vs RSX - is this right? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yeah, I suppose a 2000rpm take-off isn't much of a "launch" in a WRX, but I find it's still enough ...

Yeah, I suppose a 2000rpm take-off isn't much of a "launch" in a WRX, but I find it's still enough to leave 90% of traffic way behind. In fact, I almost find it difficult sometimes not to rear-end people ahead of me who take off SOOOOO slowly when the lights turn green - my car just wants to go! Get the heck outa my way if you're gonna take half a minute to get up to the speed limit!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Unfortunately, RSX Type-S has better top-end power so it will slowly pull on WRX over 100mph+. Everyone knows that stock WRX has no top-end power.... also, your story is hard to believe that you put over 2 car lengths by end of 1st gear......

Last edited by WRXreX; 07-16-2003 at 06:38 PM.

Originally posted by WRXreX
    Unfortunately, RSX Type-S has better top-end power so it will slowly pull on WRX over 100mph+. Everyone knows that stock WRX has no top-end power.... also, your story is hard to believe that you put over 2 car lengths by end of 1st gear......

If you're talking about my story, it was a base RSX, not a Type-S, and with my WRX having 260hp/260ft-lb vs the RSX with 160hp/141ft-lb, I'm not at all surprised I pulled 2 car lengths in 1st gear. The 0-30 time for a stock WRX is under 2 seconds, while the RSX is over 3 seconds (and my car pulls much harder in 1st gear than it did when it was stock). So, despite my soft launch, I've probably still got an almost 1 second advantage to 30 over the RSX. I think that's plenty of time to pull 2 car lengths. At 30 mph, you're travelling 44 feet every second - that's over 3 car lengths.

Or maybe it was just my mad driving skillz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12