Wrx Vs. S4, vs. Evolution video
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wrx Vs. S4, vs. Evolution video within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://www.vaporsport.com/Vids/wrxs4evo2.mpg These are my buddies cars, the S4 is a high 12sec. car, the Evo is stock, and the wrx ...

Wrx Vs. S4, vs. Evolution video

http://www.vaporsport.com/Vids/wrxs4evo2.mpg

These are my buddies cars, the S4 is a high 12sec. car, the Evo is stock, and the wrx has an turboback, upipe, and EBC.

I raced that S4 last night and was half a car ahead from 40mph to 100mph, then he passed me. He uses a chip that requires race gas, and I was also using 100oct. also making a race gas map for my UTEC . I think tonight I will get our race on video if I can and post it tomorrow; I did some more tuning and my car feels better.

BTW if any of you have experience making a race gas map with the stock turbo/injectors check out my thread on Nasioc and give me some pointers!
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=391729

Enjoy!
    Paul
    Last edited by PaulRex; 07-15-2003 at 02:09 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

man, the evo hung w/u even w/ur mods? what's going on there? did u turn down your boost? or just low on boost juice? hehe
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Thats not my wrx It's my freind michelles yellow MY03 sedan.
    Last edited by PaulRex; 07-15-2003 at 02:56 PM.

I didn't even wanna race last night because I was experimenting with Ultra 94 on a race gas only chip. At even part throttle, I was lighting up the knock table. This AND I have a huge boost leak where I'm only getting 10psi at the end of 3rd gear. Paul knew this, so what does he do? He comes on here and makes it seem like we were both racing finely tuned cars on race gas.

Here's a video of what my S4 did to Paul on PUMP gas (ABT chip) with no boost problems:

http://members.aol.com/sleepers4/S4vsWrx.wmv

Talk about a bad dog walking! Haha!

And here's another video from a few weeks ago of me vs the yellow WRX which Paul described above:

http://www.vaporsport.com/Vids/wrxs4evo1.mpg

vidow didnt work for me...

Awesome vids! I would like to see more if you got em!

Let's see one from a dig tho...

3 AWD cars goin at it
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

Originally posted by capt'n'caveman
    man, the evo hung w/u even w/ur mods? what's going on there? did u turn down your boost? or just low on boost juice? hehe
    well those aren't a lot of mods and the evo just barely pulls on it so thats quite an achievement. i say good race! S4s are fast.
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

That yellow WRX runs pretty good fellas. She had 3 passengers in the car with her that night while the rest of us were running solo.

Originally posted by sleepers4
    I didn't even wanna race last night because I was experimenting with Ultra 94 on a race gas only chip. At even part throttle, I was lighting up the knock table. This AND I have a huge boost leak where I'm only getting 10psi at the end of 3rd gear. Paul knew this, so what does he do? He comes on here and makes it seem like we were both racing finely tuned cars on race gas.

Here's a video of what my S4 did to Paul on PUMP gas (ABT chip) with no boost problems:

http://members.aol.com/sleepers4/S4vsWrx.wmv

Talk about a bad dog walking! Haha!

And here's another video from a few weeks ago of me vs the yellow WRX which Paul described above:

http://www.vaporsport.com/Vids/wrxs4evo1.mpg
    Finely tuned cars ha! I was datalogging while we were racing to help me make the map lol..

I've made some progress though. I had already posted that video of me vs. you a month or two ago actually if it's the one over the bridge. In any case i was running low bost with a MBC, big difference from how my car is now.

Anyway, there has never been a race where you didn't win so I don't know what your complaining about!

See you tonight focker

Also I made the thread to post the video, not talk about last night(that was just a sidebar)
    Last edited by PaulRex; 07-15-2003 at 06:30 PM.

It's not sad when you think that an Evo costs $30K and a WRX is only $22K or whatever. That $8K difference could put the WRX deep into the 11s, no?

Originally posted by swipe112
    I think its kinda sad it takes so much just to hang even w/ a EVO. I just hate to think how those EVOs will run after they start staging.
    oh well... ive given up trying to keep up with evos mod for mod... not going to happen. When I get 12's my engine will be done...
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

I dont think its a big deal i hang pretty good even on a roll with an evo all for under a grand !!
    platinum silver
    uppipe>downpipe<intake
    mbc 15.7 PSI exaust
    shortshifter<sti fog light covers
    sti side markers<
    crack on windshield

o boy here we go with the $ topic hehe
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Originally posted by dukmahsik
    o boy here we go with the $ topic hehe
    I was thinking about the $ issue, but it still didn't come out even at all. Put in 17in wheels, FMIC,16g turbo, and killer suspension, Standard WRX will also be in 30k range, and not to mention all the other goodies that EVO get.

conclusion: EVO is a better car, money is not part of the comparison.
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.