Wrx Vs. S4, vs. Evolution video - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Wrx Vs. S4, vs. Evolution video within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by slin02 I was thinking about the $ issue, but it still didn't come out even at all. ...

Originally posted by slin02
    I was thinking about the $ issue, but it still didn't come out even at all. Put in 17in wheels, FMIC,16g turbo, and killer suspension, Standard WRX will also be in 30k range, and not to mention all the other goodies that EVO get.

conclusion: EVO is a better car, money is not part of the comparison.
    i agree thats why the evo/sti is just in another league
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Man, those S4s are mean!
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

was the S$ modded??? or are they just THAT FAST???
    <<<<<<<< LOOK AT MY NAME!!! lol
    COBB stg II

Ike
    The S4 is modded, not sure what all it has done. I'd guess at least some form of upgraded engine management, downpipes, and higher boost.

Ike

s4s are very fast for little mods! i raced one on freeway when i was stage 4 and we were dead even... pissed me off
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

I like my freinds S4, and I appreciate it for what it is, but even though his car is faster I'd rather have my subaru.

It's definatly a better car to own if you like to work on your car, and do more hands on stuff. Especially since the audi s4 doesn't have any good engine mgm't options besides "unichip" style computers.

It has a nice interior though, and plenty of plastic in the engine bay too

Originally posted by PaulRex
    I like my freinds S4, and I appreciate it for what it is, but even though his car is faster I'd rather have my subaru.

It's definatly a better car to own if you like to work on your car, and do more hands on stuff. Especially since the audi s4 doesn't have any good engine mgm't options besides "unichip" style computers.

It has a nice interior though, and plenty of plastic in the engine bay too

Its also much quiter and better top end. It only has one plastic covering on the engine, a lot of people just remove it.

Originally posted by 2001S4
    Its also much quiter and better top end. It only has one plastic covering on the engine, a lot of people just remove it.
    I was just thinking and here is something funny.. The S4, has plastic covering the engine, and the impreza has plastic covering the interior! hehe..

Better top end? What are we talking stock unmodded cars? OK I'll give you that, but when we start talking about modded cars it always turn into a case of how much $ is spent and what mods etc. blah blah

Originally posted by PaulRex
    I was just thinking and here is something funny.. The S4, has plastic covering the engine, and the impreza has plastic covering the interior! hehe..

Better top end? What are we talking stock unmodded cars? OK I'll give you that, but when we start talking about modded cars it always turn into a case of how much $ is spent and what mods etc. blah blah
    I will never compare modded car to modded car or modded car to stock car. There are way too many variables to consider. I was and always compare stock to stock, unless I state otherwise. I don't think this looks to bad either:

I will never compare modded car to modded car or modded car to stock car. There are way too many variables to consider. I was and always compare stock to stock, unless I state otherwise. I don't think this looks to bad either:

I also want to correct what I said earlier. There are actually three stock pieces. I forget that sometimes, as it looks very clean. I do like the look with the covers on though.

The mods on my S4 are:

GIAC XR Chip
    APR v.2 Downpipes w/test pipes
    Borla Exhaust
    APR Bipipe
    Audi TT BPVs

On a 80 degree day with the 3rd gear boost drop to 10-12psi, I was still able to run a 12.8 @ 105mph with a 1.7 60ft. Other people are going 107-108mph in the 1/4 with my mods, so I'm thinking once I get the boost straightened out, I've got a really good chance of going 12.5 to 12.6.

Originally posted by dukmahsik
    i agree thats why the evo/sti is just in another league
    I dont agree first of all subaru is a better car than the mitsubishi sec.. sport compact car mag. had an issue that compared the evo with bmw m3 & a 911 in the end the evo only ran a 14 sec 1/4 mile the 911 13.6 ,bmw 13.6 .
    They said the test was done in 90 degree heat and that the transmisson wasnt doing to good .This evo they used was about a year old and was the same one used in previous tests but still they said even with the good trans.. it would of still lost .Also they had a evo that had about 4 grand of Vishnu mods that only ran 13.1.
    platinum silver
    uppipe>downpipe<intake
    mbc 15.7 PSI exaust
    shortshifter<sti fog light covers
    sti side markers<
    crack on windshield

Originally posted by platinum400
    I dont agree first of all subaru is a better car than the mitsubishi sec.. sport compact car mag. had an issue that compared the evo with bmw m3 & a 911 in the end the evo only ran a 14 sec 1/4 mile the 911 13.6 ,bmw 13.6 .
    They said the test was done in 90 degree heat and that the transmisson wasnt doing to good .This evo they used was about a year old and was the same one used in previous tests but still they said even with the good trans.. it would of still lost .Also they had a evo that had about 4 grand of Vishnu mods that only ran 13.1.

The EVO is every bit as good of a car as a Subaru. I can only assume you meant the STi since you didn't state which. It handles better, is a little bit more mod friendly, and it is a whole lot of fun. Your statement reaks of "magazine racing". Obviously you are a subaru fan, therefore this competitor MUST not be as good.

The EVO is every bit as good of a car as a Subaru. I can only assume you meant the STi since you didn't state which. It handles better, is a little bit more mod friendly, and it is a whole lot of fun. Your statement reaks of "magazine racing". Obviously you are a subaru fan, therefore this competitor MUST not be as good.
    Every one has there own opinion but i would take the s4 audi any day,that car is nice.What other kind of mods can you add.
    platinum silver
    uppipe>downpipe<intake
    mbc 15.7 PSI exaust
    shortshifter<sti fog light covers
    sti side markers<
    crack on windshield

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12