STi versus ...UPS truck?

This is a discussion on STi versus ...UPS truck? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm minding my own business on the way home today...then this UPS truck nearly hits me at a stop sign ...

STi versus ...UPS truck?

I'm minding my own business on the way home today...then this UPS truck nearly hits me at a stop sign because I came to a complete stop so the guy with right-of-way could go. So the UPS driver gets pissed and starts revving at me, turns off his left blinker, turns on his right to go my way.

The road we turned on to is 1 lane each way, downhill through a wide S-curve. Altima in front of me did 30 mph, so I did 30 mph about 2 car lengths back. UPS truck got a bit behind so I saw him coming down at about 35 mph, truck leaning HARD like it was gonna roll. Luckily, he didn't.

At the bottom of the hill was another stop where the Altima turned off. I went straight and the UPS truck ran the stop to follow. The road ahead goes into my neighborhood but has no houses until the very end...just a long, straight, empty stretch with a slight upwards bump near the middle, followed by a slight curve right, then uphill curve left to a stop.

Considering how the guy was following me and making gestures, I thought he was having what he thought of as road rage fun...so I punched it hard and dropped him fast. I got to the stop, waited, didn't see him, so left quickly for my house.

Anyone else ever "raced" a UPS truck or had them get some road rage going and been followed by one?

RN

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yep...I was dirving on the highway, going about 80-85 or so. I came up on some guy goin 60 in the fast lane. I didn't tailgate, I just sat a few car lengths back waiting for him to clear out. He did, but as soon as I got past him, he pulled his car behind mine and started tailgating to within a few inches of my bumper. He'd let off the gas, then come roaring up again(well, as roaring up as a Ford Probe can do).

This happened about 2 or 3 times. Then I threw a little gas on the flames...I gave him the finger. At that point, he pulled in front of me and slammed on the brakes, gunned forward, slammed on the brakes, etc about four times.

Enough of this $hit. I gunned it. There was no one around, and he didn't feel like letting me pass, so I took the shoulder, went around, up to 120mph, and he was a distant memory.

Originally posted by EMarkDDS
    Yep...I was dirving on the highway, going about 80-85 or so. I came up on some guy goin 60 in the fast lane. I didn't tailgate, I just sat a few car lengths back waiting for him to clear out. He did, but as soon as I got past him, he pulled his car behind mine and started tailgating to within a few inches of my bumper. He'd let off the gas, then come roaring up again(well, as roaring up as a Ford Probe can do).

This happened about 2 or 3 times. Then I threw a little gas on the flames...I gave him the finger. At that point, he pulled in front of me and slammed on the brakes, gunned forward, slammed on the brakes, etc about four times.

Enough of this $hit. I gunned it. There was no one around, and he didn't feel like letting me pass, so I took the shoulder, went around, up to 120mph, and he was a distant memory.
    Dude, that sounds like the Intrepid that tried to kill me a while back... We first spotted him near Montgomery in a silver Mirage, no plates, doing about 100 mph. On the way to SC, just passed Atlanta, we saw him blast by us (same driver, absolutely certain) in a silver Intrepid without plates, at about 100 mph. A little later, we saw him stopped by the Highway Patrol. Not long after that, while passing a truck, he came up on me and got a few inches off my bumper (highly modified PT at the time). I tapped the brake enough to light up the lights but not slow down, so he stayed as close, gave me the finger and honked. I tried to get out of the way but the truck next to me found it all highly amusing, so started pacing me (yes, I could have blasted around him but had a fully loaded car with stuff on top too).

Long story short, I turned on hazard lights, he backed off, I got out of the way...so he blasts over right in front of me and STOOD on his brake, no letting off and hitting the gas. He wanted me to hit him. Having seen idiots employ this tactic before, I had already checked for a clear lane and popped out, honked at him. He got so mad he started quivering (best word for it), rolled down his window and tried to spit on my car. Going nearly 100 mph at the time, it came back all over his face, so he stuck his head out the window and watched my fender as he came into my lane...he tried to push me out but I waited until his head was close to the fender and hit the horn and held it. He was close enough to it, it scared the **** out of him, so he veered off the road at nearly 105 mph. I know he spun around a few times...might have done worse. To be honest, I don't care. Someone like that doesn't need to be on the road trying to kill people who try to get out of his way.

RN