My wife's first kill

This is a discussion on My wife's first kill within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Was a Full size GMC truck. He rolls up next to us and starts gassing and letting off. I'm talking ...

My wife's first kill

Was a Full size GMC truck.

He rolls up next to us and starts gassing and letting off. I'm talking to him as we're rolling and he says he has an exhaust and supercharger running 3psi (isn't this pretty low?)

We catch a red light together. I'm coaching her on how to launch. She launches ok, but a little while after the light turns green . We immediately pull 2 car lengths and proceed to turn it into 5 carlengths by 2nd gear.

We had to slow down for traffic and when he caught back up he said that he was having overheating problems and said "I think you might have me off the line, but I'd catch you in the 1/4 mile"
    Catalytic converters are for hippies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: My wife's first kill

Originally posted by wrxinthehouse
    We catch a red light together. I'm coaching her on how to launch. She launches ok, but a little while after the light turns green . We immediately pull 2 car lengths and proceed to turn it into 5 carlengths by 2nd gear.

We had to slow down for traffic and when he caught back up he said that he was having overheating problems and said "I think you might have me off the line, but I'd catch you in the 1/4 mile"
    She left a little after the light turned green and he said you got him off the line. Sad. He's overheating on his 3psi. I'm impressed.

Nice kill for the wifey!

-Jim

Is that guy for real!? how pathetic.. lol.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Tell the wife, nice kill.

As far as the GMC goes, I suppose if it's an otherwise stock truck, then 3psi with a supercharger is probably all he can do. Adding forced induction on a motor not prepared (read high compression, etc.) can be a big mistake. You have to be careful. I'd say 3 psi is all he's capable of running at the moment. Just a guess, but figured I'd chime in.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

Someone near my house has a similar setup. Its a GMC truck w/10psi comming from a vortech superchager. He told me he had a filter and exhaust, so we raced from 45mph roll and i ripped him a new *******.