non-race but fun day
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on non-race but fun day within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Coming home from work today, I noticed a Cobra replica sitting on the side of the road, hood up. I ...

non-race but fun day

Coming home from work today, I noticed a Cobra replica sitting on the side of the road, hood up. I used to have a replica, same brand even as the one pulled over. Ever the helpful one, I stopped to help out. No matter what your opinion is of high tech versus old American iron, you gotta love a Cobra with twin 4 barrel carbs, loud side pipes, the works. Anyway, the car had died on the owner at a traffic light, but when I got there, it fired right up. So, we checked out the car for fuel, spark, etc., then spoke for a while, he's a shooter at Oakley, we got our Cobras at the same place, etc. He takes off and I get in my car. As soon as I do, this V6 Corrado comes screaming around the corner in a near drift. The car seems pretty well setup, and I could see that the interior was gutted. The next light is red, so I move to pull next to him. Unfortunately, the light turned green before I got to a complete stop, so I just nailed it. He didn't/couldn't, so it was a non event. Too bad because it would have been fun. I'm completely stock except for an axle back, so anything is a challenge for me. Next light he turns off. I would have really liked to play because I always wanted to get a Corrado back when they were new. Oh well, nice day and nice cars.

Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well 1st of all....you are a cool dude to stop and help.

Not many people would.

congrats!

second, dont worry about the racing, it will come.

have fun, stay safe and take it easy
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

if i saw a cobra on the side of the road with the hood up id probably stop to.
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

I'm not planning on racing much at all anyway, I just though the Corrado was cool, and pretty rare these days. I keep the real racing to the track (with the 240Z, which is properly prepped.) Amazingly, I saw another, different Cobra driving around today. How many of these things do you think could be in one area?

Mike

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.