non-race but fun day

This is a discussion on non-race but fun day within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Coming home from work today, I noticed a Cobra replica sitting on the side of the road, hood up. I ...

non-race but fun day

Coming home from work today, I noticed a Cobra replica sitting on the side of the road, hood up. I used to have a replica, same brand even as the one pulled over. Ever the helpful one, I stopped to help out. No matter what your opinion is of high tech versus old American iron, you gotta love a Cobra with twin 4 barrel carbs, loud side pipes, the works. Anyway, the car had died on the owner at a traffic light, but when I got there, it fired right up. So, we checked out the car for fuel, spark, etc., then spoke for a while, he's a shooter at Oakley, we got our Cobras at the same place, etc. He takes off and I get in my car. As soon as I do, this V6 Corrado comes screaming around the corner in a near drift. The car seems pretty well setup, and I could see that the interior was gutted. The next light is red, so I move to pull next to him. Unfortunately, the light turned green before I got to a complete stop, so I just nailed it. He didn't/couldn't, so it was a non event. Too bad because it would have been fun. I'm completely stock except for an axle back, so anything is a challenge for me. Next light he turns off. I would have really liked to play because I always wanted to get a Corrado back when they were new. Oh well, nice day and nice cars.

Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well 1st of all....you are a cool dude to stop and help.

Not many people would.

congrats!

second, dont worry about the racing, it will come.

have fun, stay safe and take it easy
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

if i saw a cobra on the side of the road with the hood up id probably stop to.
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

I'm not planning on racing much at all anyway, I just though the Corrado was cool, and pretty rare these days. I keep the real racing to the track (with the 240Z, which is properly prepped.) Amazingly, I saw another, different Cobra driving around today. How many of these things do you think could be in one area?

Mike