STI vs Audi S4 - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on STI vs Audi S4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Hereitcomes Soon there will be heavily modded STi ..... And the table will turn... Me's think alike!!...

Thumbs up Re: Just wait.....

Originally posted by Hereitcomes
    Soon there will be heavily modded STi ..... And the table will turn...
    Me's think alike!!
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

OMG the STi got spanked. That s4 was incredible!
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Originally posted by 2001S4
    The car lost to another car putting 439 hp to the wheels and you think it was fixed?
    What I am saying is that it does not look like any kind of race to me, those cars on the freeway are doing what, 50 for the minivan, 65 for that silver thing, and the STi is not keeping up with the silver car, and look how slow the STi is going when you look outside, he is not going fast, barely 60 maybe, I think he was just shooting video of the other car, not racing.

Originally posted by car returns
    What I am saying is that it does not look like any kind of race to me, those cars on the freeway are doing what, 50 for the minivan, 65 for that silver thing, and the STi is not keeping up with the silver car, and look how slow the STi is going when you look outside, he is not going fast, barely 60 maybe, I think he was just shooting video of the other car, not racing.
    Ok, just watched the video again just to give you the benefit of doubt. Upon further review, you are either

a) incredibly retarded
    b) such a loyal subaru fan that you are coming up with anything that you can think of
    c) blind
    d) incredibly retarded

The cars were moving, not 150, but they were definitely moving. They did some runs from a roll, with honks. Usually people don't signal the start of filming with 3 honks, usually more of a race thing. They went from a stop, with 3 honks AND tires chirping. Fact is they were trying, the STi is an incredible car, but it went against a car with a LOT more power on this day. What is so hard for you to believe it? Is it really THAT necessary to attempt to pick apart the video and find anything you possibly can to discredit these races or that S4?

S4's are Sik...No getting around it!!!
    "Live to race, Born to win!"

I am not doubting the abilites of the other car, at all, I could care less who wins any race, and I understand the concept of a rolling start etc, it just does not look like the STi is going over 50 to 60 mph in that video, color me stupid, but it looks like those scenes in movies when people are in cars and they are supposed to be going fast yet the scenery behind them is going by like at 20 mph.

I am not doubting the abilites of the other car, at all, I could care less who wins any race, and I understand the concept of a rolling start etc, it just does not look like the STi is going over 50 to 60 mph in that video, color me stupid, but it looks like those scenes in movies when people are in cars and they are supposed to be going fast yet the scenery behind them is going by like at 20 mph.
    I see nothing that shows that these cars are not moving. Quite the opposite actually. Do you think that this particular S4 can and did put a beating on that particular STi?

assuming that was a race and not just the two cars videoing each other, yes, the nonSTi car beat the crap out of the STi, that would be obvious. I am not hung-up on any car beating the STi.

However, given how slow the STi appears to be going, I am confident that my son riding on his bike could have crushed the STi, I am just not convinced that was a race.

assuming that was a race and not just the two cars videoing each other, yes, the nonSTi car beat the crap out of the STi, that would be obvious. I am not hung-up on any car beating the STi.

However, given how slow the STi appears to be going, I am confident that my son riding on his bike could have crushed the STi, I am just not convinced that was a race.
    Then what do we have to do to convince you? Should we have a big a$$ speedometer on the dash so you can see it? There were no other cars. There was not alot of stuff along the road, like trees and stuff. It is always hard to judge, by a video, with no other points of interest to gauge off of. I have absolutely NO doubt they were racing. Why are you having such a hard time believing this was a race? Do you really think this guy with the STi said lets go race, only lets not race, just video tape it to look like we DID race, and then post it on all the forums. Yeah, I am sure that is what they did.

It looks as though the STi guy tried a couple times too..LOL.

Face it, the S4 spanked him. I hang with a **** load of audi/vw guys (Socaleuro.com) and have seen some mean ass audi's. His STi was stock and got rocked!
    "Live to race, Born to win!"

Actually the stage III's from APR. runs on 104
    not on 101 octane..
    0-60 in 5.678 on 4-21-03
    BEST 1/4 Mile 14.098 @ 103.1 On the street
    BEST 1/4 Mile 14.123 @ 100.3 At the track

yeah you have to press button on STi it's one of the switches (fog lamp, etc) and it will spray for few seconds.
    - 04 Java Black Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan

....6 Right, 50, 4 Left Tightens to 3 Long, 100, Jump Maybe, Care 6 Right, 30, Hair Pin Left Sign Outside, 30, 2 Right, 100 Over Finish.

alright

ok so its my car your seeing in the video. My s4 that is. It's a 2000 S4 that was tuned out in Colorado by sportec through a shop called ASW - it's making a lot of power to say the least. The camera was NEVER in my car during the races - i got the camera just to get a few shots of the STI because i really love the way it looks. The shot of him passing me was from my car as we were pulling up at a light and i wanted to get a shot of his car with the wheels spinning and what not. The thing is awesome! I'm a huge fan. We were really racing and on the first pull my car was at about 2200rpms and if any of you have driven an s4 they don't pulls o good all the way down that low rpm....i had a blast and would totally buy an sti in a minute if i needed another car like that!

thanks guys for checking out the video!

Thanks for clearing that up K04. You have a really nice car. How much did it take for you to get to that level of power?

well

it was way way too much! but I think if sportec had been doing it from the start and you wanted to go from a stock s4 to my car it would cost you around 13-15k with everything. ugh i know! oh well - life's to short for regrest - might as well just have fun!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.