Porshce 944 vs WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Porshce 944 vs WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I complained a few days ago about never getting the opportunity. Today I got all that I wanted and more. ...

Porshce 944 vs WRX

I complained a few days ago about never getting the opportunity. Today I got all that I wanted and more.
    Getting onto to route 2 (Mass) I accelerate to about 70 and see this black 944 about five car lengths and closing. I look over but no reaction from him. About 10 miles later I am behind him and he seems to be playing around. I would see a puff of black smoke and he would be off. I stayed about two car lengths from him the whole time not knowing if he wanted to go. Then a motorcycle comes out of nowhere and its a three way race (the bike was palyin with us). The 944 would take off but could not get very far. A lot of fun. Then we all hit a light. The 944 followed by the bike and then my WRX all in the left lane. The right lane was full. We all take off on green and I grabbed the right lane and passed by the bike who was stuck behind the 944 and easily caught 944. I did not want to pass him or else it would be all over and I would have to wait another two years to race.

Another light. The bike in the right lane. The 944 and me in the left. Behind us there is a Z-3 revving behind us. The 944 looks over at me and we both give thumbs up and want to go after the bike. Green lite and the bike is gone and the 944 cannot get away and the Z-3 is nowhere to be found.

And as quick as it started we all went our seperate ways. Real cool guy in the 944 and the bike. I think if it was a 944 S it would of been quite a different story.
    Not all who wander are lost

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Late 80's stock 944 has around 160 hp which was good for its day but obviously not outstanding by today’s standards. 944 S is the same motor with a 4 valve head, more top end but lacking in low end torque so not as good as an everyday driver. I think the Dude you came across had either a de-badged 944 Turbo or a modded version of either a 944 or 944S.

It wouldn't of mattered if it was a 924 it would of still been fun.
    Not all who wander are lost

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.