LX stang had to spray on me
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on LX stang had to spray on me within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; When driving home from dinner I see a early 90's LX 5.0 with two punk kids weaving around trafic to ...

LX stang had to spray on me

When driving home from dinner I see a early 90's LX 5.0 with two punk kids weaving around trafic to catch me. Once he got beside me he started reving and staring at me then the people in front of me turn. The next light turns red and we are first in line I rev to about 4500 just befor the light turned green and got the best launch i have ever goten I had one car on him through first and 2 through second gear then all the way through third he did not catch me at all and I shut it down. We are now on a long straight away he comes back up beside me still acting like an a@@ so i leave it in third and hit it agin and pull 1 car on him instantly and I hear his engine change tone majorly and he walks me down like it was nothing and when he passes me. Flames are spewing out his exaust (he was spraying). When I catch him I was going to give him a thumbs up on a fast car and I see his pasenger giving me the bird Just to let every one know I show respect to all people that deserve it. When he gave me the bird i tryed to get them to pull over and take care of his problem they were *****es I was alone and there were two of them and they would not pull over. I cant stand people like that.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thumbs down

Typical redneck Mustang behavoir. There are only a few cool Mustang guys and that obviously was NOT one of them.

-Jim

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    Typical redneck Mustang behavoir. There are only a few cool Mustang guys and that obviously was NOT one of them.

-Jim
    Most of my mustang friends are cool?

WRX drivers are ricers.

You cant generalize any group, cause there are always exceptions. Don't let a few stupid stang owners ruin it for all of em. There are punks behind the wheels of every car.
    2003 SRT-4

I'm with Raccoon. It's easy to generalize people, but they could have just as easily been driving a Honda, Cavalier, etc etc. a$$holez drive every make and model of car.

What color was his mustang? I ask because I live in Cary and know alot of the domestic guys around here.
    Last edited by silverscooby; 07-13-2003 at 07:27 PM.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Originally posted by RaccoonRacing
    Most of my mustang friends are cool?
    Of course you think Mustang owners are cool. You drive a Mustang, they are allowed to talk to you. Spend some time at Atco Raceway. The Mustang owners won't even talk to you if you don't drive a Mustang.

The only Mustang owners that ever show my WRX the respect it deserves are the ones that I toast first on the strip.

-Jim

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    Of course you think Mustang owners are cool. You drive a Mustang, they are allowed to talk to you. Spend some time at Atco Raceway. The Mustang owners won't even talk to you if you don't drive a Mustang.

The only Mustang owners that ever show my WRX the respect it deserves are the ones that I toast first on the strip.

-Jim
    well, I cant argue with that, because you're right, I do have a mustang...but, on the other hand, most all of my friends, and especially myself, are very including, and unless you're driving a monstrosity of a rice-rocket, we include everyone! Look at my forum, for example...its comprised of mostly stangs, but we have rx-7, supra, chevy, etc owners and they fit right in! Anyway, I hope you have better luck with the cocky mustang guys in your area.
    2003 SRT-4

I hope you guys did not take this post the wrong way I dont hate all stang drivers just the ones in that car. To answer your question silverscooby it was red lx with a trunk they had out of state plates

By virtue of being outnumbered, you're morelikley to get a dipShtick driving a mustang than a wrx

"Of course you think Mustang owners are cool. You drive a Mustang, they are allowed to talk to you. Spend some time at Atco Raceway. The Mustang owners won't even talk to you if you don't drive a Mustang."

Jim, you couldn't be more right. And even if you have a Mustang , it's gotta be the right moon phase to strike a conversation!

p.s. I'm still resizing the pics fom Sunday in DE. Should have them up soon.
    Creeping up on creeping for a decade.
    Bugeye Mafia V2 #322

since when does "flames from the tailpipe" mean someone sprayed?

if you saw the purge, maybe, but i call BS on knowing the stang sprayed. lots of folks here are shooting flames w/o nitrous.

besides, flames means he's running rich. nitrous leans you out. if he had the money for a custome ECU, he wouldn't be running that rich under spray. he'd be right on his desired A/F.

dR

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dark_rex
    [B]since when does "flames from the tailpipe" mean someone sprayed?

if you saw the purge, maybe, but i call BS on knowing the stang sprayed. lots of folks here are shooting flames w/o nitrous.

besides, flames means he's running rich. nitrous leans you out. if he had the money for a custome ECU, he wouldn't be running that rich under spray. he'd be right on his desired A/F.

Ok dark_rex you are right about the flames mean he is running rich. But if you think nitrous will lean all cars out you are wrong it will only lean out if it is not set up right. Who ever said anything about a coustom Ecu did you even read the post. I have been around cars my entire. A car that is not spraying dose not gain that kind of power instantly.

Jim

no offense dude but I would think an owner of a performance based car enthusiast business you would have been more respectable then that?
    I realize that you obviously have had bad experiences with mustangs, but realize its not the car but the owner, the owners you have to take with a grain of salt and not base their ignorant statements and opinions on their car but their knowledge itself
    I hate when people base their experiences on all car owners. Ive gotten respect from almost every car I have ever raced against, 2 that have disrespected me were actual mustang owners, but their lack of knowledge was very limited. One of them is my friend and he works for Saleen in California, he didnt believe me that I had beaten a modified 2002 GT, I think he'll **** his pants when he learns that my car could probably take the S7 from a stop, but it was because of his lack of knowledge. What would you do if a guy came to your business insterested in buying WRX stuff but also owns a mustang, the WRX is a second car. Would you turn his business down? I doubt it. Im not yelling or saying anything to be a **** but I thinkwhat we should do( and I mean everyone) we should classify everyone that is not a car enthusiast but pretends to be a ricer. This should go for all domestic and import. By the way its not like I dont have any good experiences with mustang owners, one actually made my day. I took him from a stop to about 60ish and was there before he had hit about 20mph. He told me his mods were, headers, exhaust, h pipe, gears(4.10s I think), drag radials, pulleys, intake, new 5 speed tranny, and lightened the car by about 300lbs(actually weighed the difference) He said he had heard of my car but had no idea what he was really in for cause he didnt believe alot of the stories since its just a 6. But he wasnt mad or anything, in fact he was happy the stories were true and not exaggerated. But yeah sorry for my rant guys all Im asking is to throw some respect our way as well, I respect the WRX fully and would love to race a 2nd one at some time.
    1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am

spray boy

There are two types of smak talkers the ones in z28 & the ones in stangs
    platinum silver
    uppipe>downpipe<intake
    mbc 15.7 PSI exaust
    shortshifter<sti fog light covers
    sti side markers<
    crack on windshield

Im pretty sure you cant see nitrous under operation... You can hear it, and smell it though...

a 3000 lb rear wheel drive V8 like an LX is usually torquey and strong from a roll.
    My friend has a notch with boltons, and new throttle body, runs 13.6 @ 105...
    Ive taken him off the line, but that car just pours it on... my awd had no chance since he pulled from 3 cars behind me, and was passing me as i put it in 3rd.

He's got traction problems, cant cut under 2.1 at track, and forget it on the street. If you floor that car, its gonna burn 2nd, and squeal into third...
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Wink

WOW, I own a WRX and a 03 Cobra. I must then be Half of a Redneck. Even though I am straight out of New York city and Puerto Rican. Dam a newyoricanredneck.
    Last edited by Drod; 01-30-2004 at 08:01 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.