drizze99's 262WHP SRT-4 didn't fair very well against my WRX... (THE VIDEO IS HERE!)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on drizze99's 262WHP SRT-4 didn't fair very well against my WRX... (THE VIDEO IS HERE!) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I rolled down to the SRT-4 / WRX meet at Lums Pond Park in DE today. We had a good ...

drizze99's 262WHP SRT-4 didn't fair very well against my WRX...

I rolled down to the SRT-4 / WRX meet at Lums Pond Park in DE today. We had a good turnout of both SRT-4s and WRXs and I had every intention of racing the fastest SRT-4 at the meet. After surveying the mostly stock SRT-4s in the group, Andre (drizze99) was the obvious victim -- er... opponent -- since he has dyno proven HP to contend with.

Andre asked if I wanted to race from a stop or a roll. I told him a stop, but I didn't really care. We circled around our route, verified a lack of law enforcement, and lined up at a stop light. We had a black SRT-4 lined up behind us as the chase car complete with video camera.

The opposing light turned yellow, then red and Andre and I both tached up our engines. I slip-dropped the clutch in the neighborhood of 6000rpm as Andre bogged. The race was over. I kept on it until 110mph (six cars lengths), but he wasn't gaining on me in the slightest, so I shutdown and put on my flashers.

Andre was a true gentleman and raised the thumbsup. Upon returning to the parking lot, he admitted his botched launched and conceded that he was very surprised that he was not pulling on me once we got rolling. I guess the stock wheels and muffler threw him a little as the Subaru crew explained that I was "far from stock."

Good effort, Andre! Get a limited slip and we'll try it again sometime. Get that video digitized ASAP!

-Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hahahahahahhahhahaha 0wn3d

now how bout that for wrx vs srt4
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Why didn't you guys race again?
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Well done Jim!
    FS: 02 WRX with JDM V7 RA-C

Originally posted by AjIsDope
    Why didn't you guys race again?
    Andre didn't want to and the outcome would've been the same anyway. Perhaps with less car lengths in between us.

-Jim

Haha he was scared. Even though he is putting down some decent power, he does not hold a candle to you.

You guys should have gone from a roll as well. I think that's the only fair thing to do in this circumstance. Most of the races I participate it (that are organized) are from a stop and then a 20-40mph roll. It seems to put an end to all excuses and show who's car is faster.

-edit- I read that he didnt want to go from a roll. Oh well, I think it would have been a little closer.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Yes yes well done - but dont you kids try this at home.

good to here he was a 'gent about loosing too, that always makes it easier to be a good winner, and we WRX drivers should be expirenced in that...

Joe
    "Damn.... this car is wicked fast..." ~ My roomate, owner of a supercharged/intercooled 97 Trans AM
    Mods |

I Support ClubWRX
    Great meet today guys and gals. Lots of support from the rexes and certs (WRX and SRT-4)...ok...I'm taking liberty with the synonyms/acronyms.

Pics should come out great, and I'm looking forward to someone posting their digital versions as only had my film camara on hand.

Kewl video of Andre and Jim racing, but like Jim's post says....don't try this at home kids!!

I'm burnt, the wife is burnt, and the kids are burnt. Thanks to Tom and Brent/Brett (I'm still confused on you first name...sorry) for the invite and especially to the chase on 472 on the way home. That was awesome and man....the kid can drive!!

Caio'
    Scott
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Originally posted by swipe112
    PlatinumWRX,

what mods do you have?
    All you could ever want to know about my car is listed in my profile. (Click the profile button.)

-Jim

|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    V

Originally posted by YBNormal07
    I'm burnt, the wife is burnt, and the kids are burnt. Thanks to Tom and Brent/Brett (I'm still confused on you first name...sorry) for the invite and especially to the chase on 472 on the way home. That was awesome and man....the kid can drive!!

Caio'
    Scott
    Scott, I am a lobster. My entire head is completely red and I was wearing sunscreen!!!!

-Jim

Originally posted by AjIsDope
    Haha he was scared. Even though he is putting down some decent power, he does not hold a candle to you.
    Now, Now, AJ, I wasn't scared, I just knew that Jim has one fast mofo!! What's the use of getting humiliated twice? And I pretty sure from a roll it would have been much, much closer, but Jim's car is one bad mofo! I can honestly say that I really suck launching this car. So far, I've only lost 2 races and both have been from a dig. The other loss was a Camaro SS SLP, BTW.

All in all it was a good time and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves today. I feel like my face is going melt away cause it is BURNIN!

BTW, did I tell you guys that Jim's car is one bad mofo?
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    All you could ever want to know about my car is listed in my profile. (Click the profile button.)

-Jim

|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    V
    What was your MBC set at?

Originally posted by drizze99
    Now, Now, AJ, I wasn't scared, I just knew that Jim has one fast mofo!! What's the use of getting humiliated twice? And I pretty sure from a roll it would have been much, much closer, but Jim's car is one bad mofo! I can honestly say that I really suck launching this car. So far, I've only lost 2 races and both have been from a dig. The other loss was a Camaro SS SLP, BTW.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Just pokin fun at 'ya.

I would say that Drizze was a good sport. I wouldn't expect anything less from him, as he always holds himself in a respectful manner here. Sounds like he just flat out stinks at launching his car right now, which is understandable. Usually takes me quite a while to get completely used to a new car. If he bogged and they were somewhat even once both moving, just with Jim in the lead due to his good launch, I would say the cars are pretty even. Both sound like they are beasts and both sound more than happy with their cars. Congrats on a good race to both of you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.