drizze99's 262WHP SRT-4 didn't fair very well against my WRX... (THE VIDEO IS HERE!) - Page 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

This is a discussion on drizze99's 262WHP SRT-4 didn't fair very well against my WRX... (THE VIDEO IS HERE!) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by drizze99 Yea, speaking of an LSD, Mopar just released preliminary info to us on our forum today ...

Originally posted by drizze99
    Yea, speaking of an LSD, Mopar just released preliminary info to us on our forum today and it is going to have an MSRP of $1,400
    OUCH!! I am thinking UTEC for $999.00 and limiting boost by RPM. What do you think?
    Damn, $1400 plus install. UTEC sounds like a good plan, I love mine. Or, you can just get a huge arse turbo that that doesnt hit full boost till 4000 RPM. But, I think your better off with the UTEC approach.
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver
    Turbo XS UTEC Stage IV (VF34)+TMIC, STI RA gears, Exedy clutch/flywheel

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you know what else you could use to limit boost by rpm? An AVCR... Funny how that little box just keeps popping up. And it can be had for under $500. Leaving you 900 more to blow on that LSD, which will be a big help in cornering anyway....

Joe
    "Damn.... this car is wicked fast..." ~ My roomate, owner of a supercharged/intercooled 97 Trans AM
    Mods |

Thumbs up

Links are fixed.

tan
    Yea, speaking of an LSD, Mopar just released preliminary info to us on our forum today and it is going to have an MSRP of $1,400
    OUCH!! I am thinking UTEC for $999.00 and limiting boost by RPM. What do you think?
    IMO getting the power to the ground and keeping it to the ground, is worth the $1400 plus another $1000 for install. Too bad the Quaife ATB is only available through MOPAR (not direct from Quaife).

There's more to racing than just a straight line, once you throw curves into it, having that much power and a open diff, you're still at a major deficit.

Thumbs up for being so cool about the race.

Now, Now, AJ, I wasn't scared, I just knew that Jim has one fast mofo!! What's the use of getting humiliated twice? And I pretty sure from a roll it would have been much, much closer, but Jim's car is one bad mofo! I can honestly say that I really suck launching this car. So far, I've only lost 2 races and both have been from a dig. The other loss was a Camaro SS SLP, BTW.

All in all it was a good time and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves today. I feel like my face is going melt away cause it is BURNIN!

BTW, did I tell you guys that Jim's car is one bad mofo?
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.