drizze99's 262WHP SRT-4 didn't fair very well against my WRX... (THE VIDEO IS HERE!) - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on drizze99's 262WHP SRT-4 didn't fair very well against my WRX... (THE VIDEO IS HERE!) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by ebr0t So not only is Jims car faster Teh PPM Server is teh fastar DAYUM!! OWN3D twice!! ...

Originally posted by ebr0t
    So not only is Jims car faster

Teh PPM Server is teh fastar
    DAYUM!! OWN3D twice!! LOL!!

Like Jim said, it wasn't my server! [for the record!]
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by EIonJess
    I agree, what was the vid car? It got left behind pretty bad.
    Stock SRT-4

Originally posted by drizze99
    DAYUM!! OWN3D twice!! LOL!!

Like Jim said, it wasn't my server! [for the record!]

Yea, I know but I had to .... Fast yellow cars rock on!
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Drizze, did you keep the same distance behind Jim after you finally dug the wheels? Cus I know he got that distance from the launch, and I'm wondering if that aside it was even...?

hard to tell from the vid
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

I don't get the Moral of the Story? Neither the WRX or the SRT-4 is a sleeper at this point. If Dad's Turbocharged woodpaneled Caravan showed up (yes its called Dad's), and put the smack down on both of you, then I guess it could be called "Beware of Sleepers." But anyone driver worth their 5w30 who'd be itching to race on the street should at this point know these two cars.

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Originally posted by RLsChMiDt
    Drizze, did you keep the same distance behind Jim after you finally dug the wheels? Cus I know he got that distance from the launch, and I'm wondering if that aside it was even...?

hard to tell from the vid
    Yes, once I got traction, the pulling stopped. I think it would be an interesting race from a roll.

Chris..... It was a joke!! Lighten up man!!

Hehe its cool. But put "Plymouth" and "R/T" or "ACR" on the back for true sleeper status.

chris
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Originally posted by fengshui
    Hehe its cool. But put "Plymouth" and "R/T" or "ACR" on the back for true sleeper status.

chris
    Yeap! This guy is!!

He took off the wing, 15" steelies w/hubcaps, and is in the process to try and get rid of the hood and front facia.

you can debadge all you want, but you should never EVER go back to steel wheels IMO.

you add weight and, even worse, rotational mass that effects handling and acceleration out of the corners.

he shoulda got some cheapo-looking aluminum wheels instead.

thanks for the vids. Dont you think you should remove where this event took place and maybe edit the videos of the plates so you dont get busted?
    If you don't like reading the crap in the signature sections then simply disable them in your user profile under "Edit Options"

Thanks for the suggestion, and Jim took care of it!!

Originally posted by drbyers
    you can debadge all you want, but you should never EVER go back to steel wheels IMO.

you add weight and, even worse, rotational mass that effects handling and acceleration out of the corners.

he shoulda got some cheapo-looking aluminum wheels instead.
    I just think its dumb to buy a car and dismantle it so it looks like a lesser version. The whole sleeper thing is stupid to me. Its one thing to buy an early 80's K-car, slap on a turbo and beat the pants off of everyone. Its a different story to buy a performance version of a car and change all its body claddings, change its tires, and slap on some different badges to make it look like its something else. Personally, I'd rather have it look like the rarer car and have people question me about it then just beat people while keeping "my little secret". Just my opinion of course.

Once again the ultimate sleeper, yes you WILL lose to this: http://www.turbovan.net/van.html

chris

Originally posted by fengshui
    Once again the ultimate sleeper, yes you WILL lose to this: http://www.turbovan.net/van.html

chris
    Yes, I know all about the van. Unless this one is a knock off of the original, it is actually called the Mean Mini. Not sure, it could just be another one. The Mean Mini was the original.

Originally posted by 2001S4
    I just think its dumb to buy a car and dismantle it so it looks like a lesser version. The whole sleeper thing is stupid to me.
    The sleeper thing makes sense to me. Less attention from cops and rice racers (semi hypocritical). I got three tickets last friday night from two cops. 73 mph in a 55 mph, no insurance (broke my glovebox after the first ticket so I couldnt get into it for the second ), unsafe start ? (no wheel spin and never exceeded 20mph). BTW, I am pleading not guilty to all 3 and hope to get out of the points and pay the fine if I have to.

I really felt targetted even though I accept the responsibility for all three tickets. I KNOW for a fact that my magnaflow muffler and A-pillar guages didnt help. The cop wouldnt even let me explain anything, just called me a "smuck".

So this SMUCK will be returning his car to stealth by re-installing the stock muffler. It doesnt seem to be slowing Jim down much.

edit: 2001S4 , I guess you were referring to something a little different. As in, putting a V6 badge on a V8. I just needed a chance to vent about my friday from hell.
    Last edited by JRod; 07-15-2003 at 11:55 AM.
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver
    Turbo XS UTEC Stage IV (VF34)+TMIC, STI RA gears, Exedy clutch/flywheel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.