WRX vs. Lightning

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Lightning within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Raced a riced out orange Lightning today on the highway from a 70mph roll. I downshifted into third, and immediately ...

WRX vs. Lightning

Raced a riced out orange Lightning today on the highway from a 70mph roll. I downshifted into third, and immediately pulled about 1 car length. I figured that he would keep up better than he did, but when I shifted into fourth I continued to pull several cars before I shut down at the top of fourth, or 120 mph. I guess the big orange flames on his carbon fiber hood didn't help him go faster
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

do u know what year lightning 99 and earlier were mid 14.......was it a lightning clone type of deal. u hear the supercharger? those are beasts!! good kill man!!
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Trucks are not geared for top end speed...that is why he could not keep up with you from a 60 mph roll. It would have been a better race from a stop as those Fords can pull like hell...they are built to tow things. Good win though.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

Originally posted by CustomS10
    do u know what year lightning 99 and earlier were mid 14.......was it a lightning clone type of deal. u hear the supercharger? those are beasts!! good kill man!!

Not sure what year it was, I saw the lightning badge and thats it. It was orange, CF hood, big dual exhaust, 2 fast and furious guys in the cockpit, orange steering wheel and headliner, etc.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Originally posted by ryland
    Not sure what year it was, I saw the lightning badge and thats it. It was orange, CF hood, big dual exhaust, 2 fast and furious guys in the cockpit, orange steering wheel and headliner, etc.
    dual out the backs= odds are not a lightning duals out 1 side=most likely a lightning

the lightning is a car/truck not geared for pulling geared to go fast......supercharger whine 0wns I LOVE IT!
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Re: WRX vs. Lightning

Raced a riced out orange Lightning today on the highway from a 70mph roll. I downshifted into third, and immediately pulled about 1 car length. I figured that he would keep up better than he did, but when I shifted into fourth I continued to pull several cars before I shut down at the top of fourth, or 120 mph. I guess the big orange flames on his carbon fiber hood didn't help him go faster
    Hey is that valentine 1 really worth the money?

To be honest, yes.

If a cop is radaring near you, you will know it.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Re: WRX vs. Lightning

This is NOT a real Lightning. I should know. Check my sig.

Gotta agree with Master of Pain. Ford sells a Lightning look alike with a paint scheme like what you mentioned. I think it might be called "Boss" perhaps? I've seen them in yellow with a black hood, and orange with a black hood. They are not supercharged. And the L's have the exhaust coming out right behind the cab, not by the tailgate.

If the owner of the vehicle was as you described, it's very likely he threw some Lightning badges on the truck to help enhance his poor self esteem.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Originally posted by Dan00Hawk
    If the owner of the vehicle was as you described, it's very likely he threw some Lightning badges on the truck to help enhance his poor self esteem.
    or his little wee wee

hahah if it is a Boss i wouldn't hack it up with lightning stuff. those are rare in itself.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Yea, it said lightning, then Boss 5.4 or something below that.

Oh well, I figured it wasn't a real lightning because I destroyed it so badly.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes