Mazda 6 on the interstate
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mazda 6 on the interstate within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Friend and I were on our way to finner and he spotted a car that he could not identify. I ...

Mazda 6 on the interstate

Friend and I were on our way to finner and he spotted a car that he could not identify. I told him it was a Mazda 6, yet he didn't belive me. So I goosed it to catch up. I was right. 6 driver musta taken this as a sign to race, and he hammered it. Well, so did I. Pulled on him pretty hard. I caught him while doin 75 or so, by the time I saw 100, I had many car lenghts on him. Still a pretty snazzy ride Mazda put together there.

Is that 6 a FWD or RWD drive?
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's a FWD car. I test drove one and i was pretty impressed with the interior and ride......but not much power, even with the V6. Maybe if I could've driven a manual version it would've been different, but they didn't have any manuals with the V6 on the lot.
    Too bad I couldn't afford a WRX, but life goes on........hopefully......

those cars are so pretty! I've only heard good things about them too.

One of my good friends got one and I got to drive it back from a club. It has no power. I think a stock civic can beat it. Nice interior though.
    Mustang, 2002, Silver, GT, 5 SP
    View My Members Page

I wouldnt put money on a stock Civic vs. a Mazda 6 though... heh, the Mazda 6 is faster by a nice margin
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

The interior on the 6 is very nice. I hear it is really underpowered. The front looks nice, however the back really looks like a Cavalier to me. Everytime I see one from the back, I think Cavalier.

They seem unfortunately based on mostly show and not enough go. The "S" version is supposedely(sp?) just a bit slower than mine as tested (96 SC Bonneville), but I raced an auto "S" and I nearly
    sh!t myself at how many lengths I put on him from 0-65 or so.

Did anybody get a chance to go the Mazda Rev-it-up event? Looked pretty cool, but they should've had RX-8s on the track instead

Being underpowered it Mazda's Rally cry ....

Even the rx8/miate/protege/mazdaspeed protege. All of them are way underpowered in their class. But they handle like a dream.

http://www.rasterwerks.com/vid/BestM...Part08.avi.zip

That's the now infamous Best Motoring video where a rx-8 looses to a wrx/rsx/2000/and skyline (G35-coupe).
    Last edited by smolten; 07-13-2003 at 05:02 PM.

Ike
    Other than the 6S MT I would imagine the cars are quite tame. But they do handle rather well and the 6 cyl. is one of the better sports sedans out there.

Ike

Originally posted by Ike
    Other than the 6S MT I would imagine the cars are quite tame. But they do handle rather well and the 6 cyl. is one of the better sports sedans out there.

Ike
    I was brought over here from a Mazda Forum by Ike. Thanks for the link Ike!

I love my Mazda 6, yet it is some what under powered in relation to the wrx, but then what isnt?!

The WRX was my second choice. The mazda won for two reason. (1) The interior is amazing compared to anything in its class, and (2) no one has it. I live in the Bay Area California, and there are TONS of WRXs. Nothing wrong with that, obvioulsy its a great car. I just wanted something that made ppl do a double take.

Btw.. Who ever owns the blue WRX that chased me down getting on the 280 south down by stanford yesterday. Sorry we couldnt play. I had my chick in the car and the last thing i need is to get slapped in the face by hear for racing as I see your tail lights go by

Pnuematic

Yeah I have a 6i and it's a "fun" car but I'm thinking of trading up to a used 03 wrx (sorry the new 04 front design just doesn't look right to me). www.msprotege.com has some threads on development going into creating a turbo kit for the 6

Love the WRX/STi and would certainly choose one if I needed a racer or second car. Alaska is very friendly to Subaru as they've proven to be excellent cars in our environment.

I'm a Mazda 6s owner. I know my car appreciates all the admiring looks but we'll all agree right out of the box it's a highway cruiser and not a 0-60 racer unless you're aiming squarely at the Acura TSX, Honda Accord or Toyota Camry/Solara of which the 6 can kick the living crap out of without modification.

The Mazda is a blast to drive, you can bring friends, plenty of storage in the trunk and your wife won't beat the hell out of you for going 80mph because she's likely to have gone that fast also.

Love the Mazda6 for the driving feel, the wonderful engine and the overall package. Love the WRX for it's speed and capability.

I got slapped for chirping my tires .....

I need a white trash.... yEEEEEHAW dukes of hazard chix that appreaciates driving

You don't need a white trash chick to find someone who appreciates fast cars.
    My fiance drives a BMW 328is... and not slowly most of the time.
    If a woman slapped me every time I drove fast, I'd have a seriously bruised face... but by then I would have kicked her ass out the car.
    GMH

I think I would take the Honda Accord off that list of cars it can kick the crap out of, a new v-6 will beat a Mazda 6 (it is 240hp).
    -Rob
    02 WRX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.