Vortech Truck - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Vortech Truck within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by tacomaboy138 Okay...here is what I REALLY meant to say...If one has an two engines with identical horses ...

Originally posted by tacomaboy138
    Okay...here is what I REALLY meant to say...If one has an two engines with identical horses and torque mated to separate trannys (i.e. one on a car, the other on a truck)...The truck will lose the race b/c it will be geared for the low-end pull rather than the high end pull. Therefore, one might pose that trucks might be good for the 0-45 accel but after that they are toast...sorry for leaving out details like these in my first post.
    maybe u mean torque curve. gearing is mostly 373s which is pretty damn good
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry...most trucks...my bad.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

then there will be this truck to look out for:

http://trucks.about.com/library/weekly/aa021503a.htm

long live the power wars!

I haven't come across one truck yet that was all that quick. The only one (at the drag strip last year) got the jump on me off the line and pulled maybe a vehicle length on me (yeah I know I had a crap start) and I played catch up after a bogged start. It was a 2002 Lightning and the guy just before we lined up said "don't hurt me too bad". I think that he was being sarcastic thinking back. Anyhow, just before mid-track I'd passed the dude and kept on pulling.

Too bad people put up the attitude thinking that they're the **** with their V8
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Originally posted by boosted 4
    I haven't come across one truck yet that was all that quick. The only one (at the drag strip last year) got the jump on me off the line and pulled maybe a vehicle length on me (yeah I know I had a crap start) and I played catch up after a bogged start. It was a 2002 Lightning and the guy just before we lined up said "don't hurt me too bad". I think that he was being sarcastic thinking back. Anyhow, just before mid-track I'd passed the dude and kept on pulling.

Too bad people put up the attitude thinking that they're the **** with their V8
    Truck drivers can be fun to mess with, especially when they are ignorant rednecks. We had a guy in a turbo diesel Ford F250 come up to us talkin crap, thinking he could beat my brother's M3 because he had a turboback exhaust and a chip. He even told us he'd leave his 4 passengers in the truck to "give us an advantage." We even told him to walk away before he embarrasses himself b/c this is a mid 13 second car. He said something along the line of "no BMW is that fast" and aapparently he thought we were trying to puss out of the race, so my bro had to show him what's up. Took that redneck to school...after we smoked him from a 40mph role (10+cars by 100), he turned off and we never saw him again.

Tonight I had another experience that shows even fast trucks have no topend.

My friend and I were on our way back home in the Interstate in his dad's MB CL500. A black lightning decided to play with us. He was infront and floored it, he pulled for a while, then we caught him and passed him by 130. I don't know if he let off, but it sure didn't seem like he did and i didn't see any brake lights. This was a 4000lb+ 302 hp car, vs a 390hp ????Lb truck.
    Last edited by aheineken; 07-22-2003 at 07:50 PM.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    good kills on the trucks guys...this was partially my point to begin with.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

as far as hanging with the evo with "all the mods" it was from a roll. and the evo does have a bigger turbo. my friend has a wrx as well as i. but his has a turbo-back with a MBC running 17.5 pounds of boost and he raced a evo at a meet and beat the evo by at least a car lenght. i was not sure cause i flagged. i just saw the emergencies of the wrx light up. and they said that he was at least half a cars lenght if not a whole car. and the boost was either at 17.5 or 16. cant remember.

Originally posted by JiggaRex
    as far as hanging with the evo with "all the mods" it was from a roll. and the evo does have a bigger turbo. my friend has a wrx as well as i. but his has a turbo-back with a MBC running 17.5 pounds of boost and he raced a evo at a meet and beat the evo by at least a car lenght. i was not sure cause i flagged. i just saw the emergencies of the wrx light up. and they said that he was at least half a cars lenght if not a whole car. and the boost was either at 17.5 or 16. cant remember.

this is a thread about trucks

Originally posted by aheineken
    Truck drivers can be fun to mess with, especially when they are ignorant rednecks. We had a guy in a turbo diesel Ford F250 come up to us talkin crap, thinking he could beat my brother's M3 because he had a turboback exhaust and a chip. He even told us he'd leave his 4 passengers in the truck to "give us an advantage." We even told him to walk away before he embarrasses himself b/c this is a mid 13 second car. He said something along the line of "no BMW is that fast" and aapparently he thought we were trying to puss out of the race, so my bro had to show him what's up. Took that redneck to school...after we smoked him from a 40mph role (10+cars by 100), he turned off and we never saw him again.

Tonight I had another experience that shows even fast trucks have no topend.

My friend and I were on our way back home in the Interstate in his dad's MB CL500. A black lightning decided to play with us. He was infront and floored it, he pulled for a while, then we caught him and passed him by 130. I don't know if he let off, but it sure didn't seem like he did and i didn't see any brake lights. This was a 4000lb+ 302 hp car, vs a 390hp ????Lb truck.
    Let's try and turn down the volume on the stereotypes. Just cause someone drives a truck DOES NOT make them a redneck. I have seen many turbo diesel trucks pull off some extremely surprising numbers. Your talking about trucks that come with something around 500 lb/ft of torque from the factory. They can be very fast indeed.

<--- owns a truck
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Originally posted by 2001S4
    Let's try and turn down the volume on the stereotypes. Just cause someone drives a truck DOES NOT make them a redneck. I have seen many turbo diesel trucks pull off some extremely surprising numbers. Your talking about trucks that come with something around 500 lb/ft of torque from the factory. They can be very fast indeed.
    Read my post again. Nohwere in there did I say that all truck drivers are rednecks.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12