Cobra gets a spanking
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Cobra gets a spanking within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm not sure of the year, I know that the later non s/c ones were faster, but it was the ...

jt2

Cobra gets a spanking

I'm not sure of the year, I know that the later non s/c ones were faster, but it was the one with "Cobra" stamped on the rear bumper instead of "Mustang"...

I pulled behind it in a left turn lane, nobody else around. The light goes green and I passed him pretty hard on the right after he completed the turn to see if he wanted to play... no reaction. I ease off and go back to cruising speed. The Cobra starts closing on my left. Right about a car-lengths back, he hits it. Half a second later I do too. From ~35 to 110 I put about 2 car-lengths on him.

He slinked off onto a side street, but at least I didn't get a flyby...

JT
    '03 VS2
    Last edited by jt2; 07-13-2003 at 10:49 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Good kill...the 96-98 cobra's trapped about 103 bone stock...so you must be pretty quick.
    2003 SRT-4

Good Job.
    Beating a Cobra is always a good kill. I put them in my love to beat catagory along with Vettes, z28s, Porsches, etc. Always feel great beating these (performance) type cars.

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    Good Job.
    Beating a Cobra is always a good kill. I put them in my love to beat catagory along with Vettes, z28s, Porsches, etc. Always feel great beating these (performance) type cars.
    You've got an STi...it's not hard to beat most things... I denied a C5 non-Z06 when he tried to drop me a few days ago. A stock or close to stock Z28 isn't even worth batting an eye at. Of course, larger motors with more mods have lots of potential BUT...most people don't go that far. I have yet to find a true challenge in my STi, excepting maybe that C5. He couldn't drop me but I couldn't close on him.

RN

Originally posted by renichms
    You've got an STi...it's not hard to beat most things... I denied a C5 non-Z06 when he tried to drop me a few days ago. A stock or close to stock Z28 isn't even worth batting an eye at. RN
    Thinking like and you will get your a$$ handed to you someday. There is always someone faster. Sure the STi is a very quick car, but it is not the Holy Grail. By the way, most LS1 Z28's, SS's, TA's and Formulas will hang right with LS1 Vettes and with a few bolt-on mods will pull on stock Vettes. So, I wouldn't say they are "not worth batting an eye at".
    Chris
    2000 WS6 Trans Am
    M6(Hurst)
    MODS: Direct-Flo Lid, GMS MAF, BG Ram Air Mod,
    Hotchkis STB, EGR Mod, Corsa Exhaust (No Muffler)

Let me tell ya' what Melba Toast is packin' right here alright. We got 4.11 positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over .030, 11:1 pop-up pistons, Turbo-Jet 390 horsepower.....We're talkin' some f*%#in' muscle!!
    Wooderson - Dazed & Confused

Originally posted by Big_Red_1
    Thinking like and you will get your a$$ handed to you someday. There is always someone faster. Sure the STi is a very quick car, but it is not the Holy Grail. By the way, most LS1 Z28's, SS's, TA's and Formulas will hang right with LS1 Vettes and with a few bolt-on mods will pull on stock Vettes. So, I wouldn't say they are "not worth batting an eye at".
    I didn't say there was nothing faster, although you seem to assume I think that. Such an attitude is sad, really. Go back and read my post. Notice it says "stock." Oops, overlooked.

In stock form, STi vs. Z28, the Z28 has been unable to keep up. Stock vs. stock, I'll stand by that. As I stated before, mod them and they're beasts. Did you read that or are you just being selective? Selective.

Next time you want to flame someone about them getting their ass handed to them, try reading their posts first. I well realize a modded V8 will take my stock 4. However, my stock 4 can completely destroy a LOT of stock 8s. You CHOSE to completely overlook that fact, which is what I have the problem with. Read for understanding, not response.

Try again.

RN

Originally posted by Big_Red_1
    true, there will always be someone faster then u. thats truth. i got a vid i dled from racingflix of what looks like a 10sec street driven trans am beating a bike on the highway.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

I didn't say there was nothing faster, although you seem to assume I think that. Such an attitude is sad, really. Go back and read my post. Notice it says "stock." Oops, overlooked.

In stock form, STi vs. Z28, the Z28 has been unable to keep up. Stock vs. stock, I'll stand by that. As I stated before, mod them and they're beasts. Did you read that or are you just being selective? Selective.

Next time you want to flame someone about them getting their ass handed to them, try reading their posts first. I well realize a modded V8 will take my stock 4. However, my stock 4 can completely destroy a LOT of stock 8s. You CHOSE to completely overlook that fact, which is what I have the problem with. Read for understanding, not response.

Try again.

RN
    u seem to have a big head about it man, wait till u get smoked and then it'll shrink. when i had my rex i thought it was the most awesome car in the world then i got smoked by a vert stang from a roll and i realized. low 13s would prob take u on the highway. an ls1 is a freaking beast!!! its the low 13 and it's got crazy top end!! but this will turn into a war i can see it now.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Originally posted by CustomS10
    u seem to have a big head about it man, wait till u get smoked and then it'll shrink. when i had my rex i thought it was the most awesome car in the world then i got smoked by a vert stang from a roll and i realized. low 13s would prob take u on the highway. an ls1 is a freaking beast!!! its the low 13 and it's got crazy top end!! but this will turn into a war i can see it now.
    Go back and read what I said. No big head. STOCK VS. frickin' STOCK. Notice, twice now, I've said modded V8s can be beasts. What the hell is the deal with people who seem to think I believe I can't be beat? Z06 will hand me my ass. Modded Z28 or Trans Am, modded Mustang GT (well, a bit more than lightly modded), Vipers...all those hand it to me. I realize that, as I've stated before.

There is no big head, there is nothing to shrink. I love my car but realize its limitations. I'm the sort of guy who'll intentionally get smoked to see a truly badass car run hard.

As I said before, GO BACK AND READ WHAT I SAID. Those of you who can't understand what I've said here shouldn't be driving. It takes little intelligence to understand my whole stock vs. stock deal and that I have great respect for highly modified beasts.

But then again, boards like these always have *******s who don't want to read what others post just so they can post garbage. Make yourself feel knowledgable by trying to put me down if you so wish. But just what are you compensating for?

RN

jt2
    RN
    Not trying to fan the flames, but to be fair, your post did come off as a little cocky. Not that it isnt justified, the STi is an awesome car, but Id hardly think that an SS, even in stock form is not worth batting an eye at.

Just my 2/100 of a buck.

JT
    '03 VS2

Go back and read what I said. No big head. STOCK VS. frickin' STOCK. Notice, twice now, I've said modded V8s can be beasts. What the hell is the deal with people who seem to think I believe I can't be beat? Z06 will hand me my ass. Modded Z28 or Trans Am, modded Mustang GT (well, a bit more than lightly modded), Vipers...all those hand it to me. I realize that, as I've stated before.

There is no big head, there is nothing to shrink. I love my car but realize its limitations. I'm the sort of guy who'll intentionally get smoked to see a truly badass car run hard.

As I said before, GO BACK AND READ WHAT I SAID. Those of you who can't understand what I've said here shouldn't be driving. It takes little intelligence to understand my whole stock vs. stock deal and that I have great respect for highly modified beasts.

But then again, boards like these always have *******s who don't want to read what others post just so they can post garbage. Make yourself feel knowledgable by trying to put me down if you so wish. But just what are you compensating for?

RN
    not to get into a pissing contest over something stupid but listen here, i've been here much longer and have read and heard much more stories then u.
    i believe ur big head comment was batting an eye. i can see not "batting an eye" on a gt mustang but come on an ls1 not batting an eye i mean thats just rediculous. but hey if u want to think that someday u'll get beat by a stocker. why dont u take ur temper down a bit buddy
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Originally posted by CustomS10
    not to get into a pissing contest over something stupid but listen here, i've been here much longer and have read and heard much more stories then u.
    i believe ur big head comment was batting an eye. i can see not "batting an eye" on a gt mustang but come on an ls1 not batting an eye i mean thats just rediculous. but hey if u want to think that someday u'll get beat by a stocker. why dont u take ur temper down a bit buddy
    You know what to do with that comment.

I never said "SS." As far as reading more and being somewhere longer, go on thinking that. Join date has nothing to do with past experience.

If you had read any of my posts, you would realize I'm not saying I can hand it to an SS. ASSuming so is just stupid. Quit assuming I've said things I have not.

You obviously think you know more than me, in spite of what I've ACTUALLY said. You obviously have NO clue what I'm talking about and don't want to have a clue either. You're bloating your self esteem by trying to put someone else down. Why you need to do that...who knows. I recommend you find another way to compensate and come off your high horse.

As stated multiple times now, I know my limits. I have posted them. If you have half a brain, you'll see what I'm saying. If you refuse to understand, that is not my fault.

I'm unsubscribing from this topic now. You are unwilling or unable to understand my reasonable argument of stock vs. stock (never mentioned SS) and how a modded V8 beast would walk all over me (meaning I know there's something faster, which you are unable to understand). You are not worth wasting my time on, since you want to yell at me instead of see what I am saying. Whatever you compensate for, I hope you fix it one day. I hope that you will become a reasonable person one day and read posts here to understand, not flame. And one day you may understand the difference between a stock vehicle and modified, or perhaps even what, exactly, a Z28 is.

Good day. I wish you the best.

RN

haha is all i have to say, well when more then 1 person says u seemed big headed then u usually are. when people read what i wrote and what u wrote u come off looking bad. i stated a fact and u complaind and this and that which is fine if thats how u want to go about it. u assumed i was trying to put u down when i'm not i'm stating reality. the sti is great but ur whole big head not batting an eye was the comment. by all means keep not batting an eye, u'll learn. btw what color is ur sti??
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

For the sake of ALL enthusiests like us..........

I show respect for any car that I kill or GET killed by........

This is the (Both of you AND myself have done it ) chit That causes the "Race Wars" between Domestic's and Imports

A kill is a kill........

But once you (either) get your (our) ass handed to us by some "lesser" car it seems our *****es suddenly look smaller in the mirror, So beware.

(I remember the day's of havin a Bigblock 454/488 (600hp.) and gettin completly DEVESTATED by an import!,

I now stand closer to the john........LOL!!)

Just my 02.

Shotgun

I never said "SS."

If you had read any of my posts, you would realize I'm not saying I can hand it to an SS. ASSuming so is just stupid.

Talk about "experienced" lol.....you obviously know nothing about Camaros and TA's. An SS is NO FASTER than base Z28 model. Some of the fastest times have been made with base Z28's and Formulas.

I highly doubt your stock STi is going to beat a stock LS1 once you get past around 100 mph. You seem to come off pretty cocky and are very very defensive when someone calls it.

I think it is guys like you who people love to beat in a race.
    Chris
    2000 WS6 Trans Am
    M6(Hurst)
    MODS: Direct-Flo Lid, GMS MAF, BG Ram Air Mod,
    Hotchkis STB, EGR Mod, Corsa Exhaust (No Muffler)

Let me tell ya' what Melba Toast is packin' right here alright. We got 4.11 positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over .030, 11:1 pop-up pistons, Turbo-Jet 390 horsepower.....We're talkin' some f*%#in' muscle!!
    Wooderson - Dazed & Confused

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.