EVO bent-over and took one.....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on EVO bent-over and took one..... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Tonight while hanging with some of the F-body guys at the local spot I saw a yellow Evo pull up. ...

EVO bent-over and took one.....

Tonight while hanging with some of the F-body guys at the local spot I saw a yellow Evo pull up. Out pops some 18year old kid and he starts buffing his car. When I saw the dude doing that, I knew I had an easy victim.

I walked up to him and asked if he wanted to "break it in" to which he replied "Naw, it's broken in already. I've beat tons of cars..." I just laughed.

"I'm sure you've beaten some WRX's right?" This was the best response of all...

"Psshhh, yeah....."

Ok, we're game. I had popped my hood earlier and started babbling stupid crap like "I'm running low on boost juice.." "That's my coca-cola injection you smell.." "Yeah, I just put my top mount radiator on today..." I was telling anyone who asked that I was putting down 220 to the wheels.

Well, this kid bought all that and eventualy took me up on a race. We went out to some new business park that wasnt even finished. I mean, the roads werent done, gravel everywhere, etc. Needless to say, the whole parking lot nearly emptied out and followed us out. Very inconspicuous.

We had to start on a slope, so I bogged the launch but still managed to put a half car on him right away. From there it went to 3 to 5 to 6 when I shut it down at 100 or so. It wasnt even funny.

Needless to say "He missed second." Ok, stuff happens. Lets do it from a 20mph roll? He obliged. Apparently his 20mph is faster than my 20mph because he wouldnt slow down to 20 once we got onto the highway. As I'm trying to catch up to him he hits it (at this point he's at least 2 cars in front.) I have to shift into second and from there it was a raping. By the end of second I was passing him hard and by the end of fourth he was way behind (so far I couldnt even tell you how many cars.)

Was this a worthy kill? Not really, but it was so fun putting that kid in his place. He really thought the car was hot ****. And don't think I'm Evo bashing either. If I had to chose between an EVO or an STi , I think I might chose the EVO.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

353 whp

Nice kill. I hate those young, cocky sonsabiatches... way to put him in his place.

-Bob
    I am the Anti-rice.

TurboXS stage 4+ and much, much more...

HEY!! I resemble that remark.. im a young, cocky SOB... but damn... very nice putting him in his place... i want to make that kind of power.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

wow.......350+whp!!!! how's your transmission holding up?

Boost juice.. thats hilarious. What octane you getting those numbers with??
    04 SVT Lightning

Thumbs up

Nice kill SilverScooby. Keep up the good work.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Those kind of races are priceless.

At Bradenton Motorpark these guys that were parked next to me (Driving in a LS1 z28 SS) started bad mouthing my 02 WRX. They were saying stuff like those WRX's are slow. They also said that guys go out and put mods on them and they think there fast, but they are really slow. This bad mouthing when on for a solid 15 minutes or more. I Just sat there in my car listening and didn't say a thing.
    Then when the track opened I made sure to line up next to him. All his friends were sitting in the stands watching the race. Well needless to say I killed him. I ran like a 12.9 to his 13.6. It wasn't even close. After the race (sitting in the parking lot area) he and friends kept looking over at me and my car. I had completely ruined their day at the track. It was priceless.

Again
    Good job

WRX

Thumbs up

350whp with a top mount!?! AWESOME!!
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Nice kill.

RN

353 was with 112 octane, which I was running last night. 300 is what I normaly drive around with on 93 octane.

The tranny is holding up fine..... since I rebuilt it.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

Great story! I'm not sure which is more fun: Racing a cool guy in a comparable car in a close race, or totally obliterating some moronic jack ass.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Re: EVO bent-over and took one.....

Originally posted by silverscooby

Apparently his 20mph is faster than my 20mph because he wouldnt slow down to 20 once we got onto the highway. As I'm trying to catch up to him he hits it (at this point he's at least 2 cars in front.) I have to shift into second and from there it was a raping. By the end of second I was passing him hard and by the end of fourth he was way behind (so far I couldnt even tell you how many cars.)
    Great Kill! I always find people running faster than the agreed speed when racing from a roll, I was starting to think my speedometer was mis-calibrated until I read your story....I guess people do anything to get an advantage.
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

that's big HP w/ the top mount. i hope some more of the TMIC naysayers read this.

honestly though, have you had any problems with heatsoaking, high engine temps etc? how was the UTEC tuning? i'm a big fan of sticking with the TM design, but too many people think the FMIC is the ONLY way to big power.

dR

To be honest, I want a FMIC. The top mount works fine while you're driving but once you stop it only takes a couple minutes for it to become heat soaked.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

Originally posted by Dan00Hawk
    Great story! I'm not sure which is more fun: Racing a cool guy in a comparable car in a close race, or totally obliterating some moronic jack ass.
    Both are fun, but definitely the latter. Smoking some idiot is a pleasure. Smoking some jackass in a BMW or Audi who thinks he's king of the world is my personal favorite.

Silverscooby, what injectors are you running with the 18g?

-Jim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast