EVO bent-over and took one..... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on EVO bent-over and took one..... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; wow, das some hp u putting down nice kill on the jackass...

wow, das some hp u putting down

nice kill on the jackass
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Silverscooby, what injectors are you running with the 18g?
    The STi's for now.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Good kill SS. EVO or STI, I would choose evo. Easier to modify. Head,cams,fuel inj+rails are a lot easier.

Plus it's a proven motor. Not that the STi motor isnt just as good (we don't know yet.) However, I love the way the STi feels with it's torque and perfectly matched gearbox. I think I'd just have ot get both!
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

Yeah an 18G will do that, it is a Mitsu BIG 16G with a larger compressor wheel stuffed in it, you can make over 400HP with it. A stock EVO has no Chance.

Originally posted by TSi AWD
    Yeah an 18G will do that, it is a Mitsu BIG 16G with a larger compressor wheel stuffed in it, you can make over 400HP with it. A stock EVO has no Chance.
    Is the 16G capable of 30 psi boost or would that be the bigger one you speak of? Because whichever it is, I have in the turbo kit for my PT...and was curious as to EXACTLY which it is.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

I managed to pull on an evo from a 60mph roll a few days ago, not a slaughter, but I walked him pretty bad. The car was really impressive tho, I thought i'd spool faster and get a nice lead, but he jumped on me for a second, until my torque kicked in and I started pulling. I liked the race better when we gave each other thumbs up after it was over
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

Yeah you should pull a stock one from a roll, you are only turning one wheel, the EVO has another axel and two rear wheels to turn, so less drivetrain loss.

Like a GS-T VS. a GSX, from a roll the GS-T will walk all over it.

Modded I duno, me thinks the EVo would have better topend as it can rev higher, would make hp.

BTW the EVo and the Neon have the same torque to the wheels, within 5 pounds.

Neither the 16G or the 18G can hold 30PSI to the red, mayb e 28 at the most, but that is out of its efficiency range, I would push 25PSI max. The 18G is capable of a lil more HP but I do not like that turbo, as it is a Modified Mistu turbo, basically they took a Big 16G and stuffed a bigger wheel in it, flowing anouther 50CFM's of topend, more lag, LESS efficient. The bigger wheel is almost too big for the housing.

Get a 20G and be done with it, off teh shelf Mitsu turbo that can run 10's at 130MPH, and under $1000.

I was going to get a 20g but they werent quite ready when I needed a new turbo. I think I'll go to a green or a red when I'm ready to upgrade. By then I'll have a FMIC/Headers/800cc injectors.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

GO GREEN< best pump gas turbo on the planet, think 400WHP on PUMP gas, damn near 500 on race. The red would be faster, but you would lose another 1000 RPMS of your powerband spooling it, go green, I can't WAIT till they come out for the evo, it is also a 10 Second turbo, but better spoolup and topend (SLIGHTLY) then a 20G but not as reliable, more to break on it

Originally posted by TSi AWD
    Yeah you should pull a stock one from a roll, you are only turning one wheel, the EVO has another axel and two rear wheels to turn, so less drivetrain loss.

Like a GS-T VS. a GSX, from a roll the GS-T will walk all over it.

Modded I duno, me thinks the EVo would have better topend as it can rev higher, would make hp.

BTW the EVo and the Neon have the same torque to the wheels, within 5 pounds.

Neither the 16G or the 18G can hold 30PSI to the red, mayb e 28 at the most, but that is out of its efficiency range, I would push 25PSI max. The 18G is capable of a lil more HP but I do not like that turbo, as it is a Modified Mistu turbo, basically they took a Big 16G and stuffed a bigger wheel in it, flowing anouther 50CFM's of topend, more lag, LESS efficient. The bigger wheel is almost too big for the housing.

Get a 20G and be done with it, off teh shelf Mitsu turbo that can run 10's at 130MPH, and under $1000.
    Well, the turbo unit I have says it can push a max of 30 psi in the manual. Of course, I'll never hit that...clutch definitely wouldn't take it...and I bet the tranny wouldn't either.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Stories like these make me cry ........then laugh. God man, i want a ride in your car! And your still planning on making it faster? Is there no end? I hope not!

Dude, come out to the meet tomorrow. We'll be at Hooters at 6:30 or so.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

No money till friday and the gas lights on. Theres still a chance though.

Hell it can push 50 if you ask it too, just weld the wastegate shut and see what happens .

28PSI would be MAX for any type of efficient flow on the 16G with full boltons a BIG FMIC and race gas.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.