WRX vs. Firebird

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Firebird within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I pull up to a red light and there is a new looking black Firebird there. I hear, "Hey, ...

WRX vs. Firebird

So I pull up to a red light and there is a new looking black Firebird there. I hear, "Hey, hey!!" I look over to find someone crammed behind the drivers seat sticking his head out the window. Then he continues to yell obnoxiously, "You want some of this?? You want a piece of this??" I laugh at him and say, "sure."

We launch when the light turns green and that was all I needed. Nailed him off the line and kept slowly pulling on him the entire time up to about 110 mph when we shut down. He was a few car lengths back by that time. He was revving pretty hard too and had a nice launch... almost no spin. I thought he might take me, I really dont know much about Firebirds. But I guess I was wrong. I wanted to see what his buddy in the back seat had to say after that, but of course, they turned off and went a different way. Just thought I'd share.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's funny... I just had a race with a Firebird tonight as well:

WRX vs. Firebird on Rt. 1 in Philly

-Bob
    I am the Anti-rice.

TurboXS stage 4+ and much, much more...

Nice!! Looks like we're both beating up on Firebirds. My only real mod is a TXS Turboback exhaust, not nearly as much as you. But it looks like our cars had no problem!

Good Kill. I'm assuming that you raced a V6 Firebird then if you kept him behind you up to 110? What year was the car?
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Thumbs up

Nice kill! It had to have been a V6 bird, no doubt. If it was a Formula or T/A, you would have gotten walked like a dog.
    I'm glad you put this guy in his place though - if he was only packing a V6, he should have known better than to mess with a Rex.
    "Jesus saves, Gretzky scores"

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the
    morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. " ~Frank Sinatra